ATTN Rayhawk XIKNRKM

Pay attention

Moderator: Bonn-o-Tron

Postby Blitzen » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:58 pm

That's not what he means. OneEye's idea is to mimic some forums that have buttons to mask spoilers. When you click the button, the object under the spoiler tag opens up. He wants to have this for forum battles so that the pictures can remain closed and unseen, as well as very small. Right now you have to scroll past dozens of gigantic pictures to see the current posts, so OneEye's suggestion would make it both entirely less hassleful to view battle reports and have very little impact on Warhead.

By the way, my first post was mocking Warhead, not agreeing with him.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:02 am

Yea, you can click the button to go to the first unread post, but doesn't it still have to load all of the posts beforehand? If there's a hundred pictures before, some of us have slow computers that would have to load all the pictures before the post you want to see.

All you would have to do is put [spoiler] at the beginning of the post and [/spoiler] at the end. It makes the same as a "quote" box, but you can click a little thing that opens and closes it, so you can either see the stuff in the "quote" box or not.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:38 am

I've seen this done in other forums and as a viewer I personally don't like it. *shrug* But that's not why I don't like Oneeye's latest new idea.

I too have a slow computer (it's 12 yrs old) and I don't think I've ever felt I've needed to wait overly long for pictures to appear.

I'm more concerned with pics for battle reports than simply posting a few pics for other types of threads here. As I understand it I would need to type [img] and [spoiler] in each and every pic. No matter how you tart it up that's still additional work. Consider how many pics that would be. Are you guys trying to stand in the way of people posting pics?

...Or is this perhaps more to do with how many pics I post in my battle reports than to do with any other subject? I wont deny it I do post a hell of a lot of pics but does anyone else feel that this is a bad thing?

Bottom line: If you make things too difficult for me to post my battle reports, which btw is already hard enough to do then I will stop doing battle reports. Period. Why the fuck would I bother doing something if it gets annoying? The last site I was on introduced a new program that automatically resized pics but they made them too small so you couldn't see anything. Disastrous IMO for 6mm scale models. I left that site. Just saying.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Arkbrik » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:07 am

If you don't want to have all the pictures load then you can (in Internet Explorer) go into the Tools menu, select Internet Options, and uncheck the box that says Show Pictures.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:52 am

Once the flames in my head had cooled down to a steady 1000 degrees Kelvin I managed to realise something.

That this new Pes like ATTN RAYHAWK suggestion by OneEye even if accepted would be an option, not a forced policy that must be done? So, whatever. Shine on you crazy suggestion maker. My apathy and disdane scorns your poor attempts at forcing order and control.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:32 am

Well, it doesn't take long, but if you have in Zulu Dawn 5 different posts on the same page of 30 pictures each, it takes a little bit.

And as I said, I would suggest putting the spoiler tags at the beginning and end of each of the POSTS, not the pictures. You could put the team that's going, then the spoilers with EVERYTHING inside. That way it's just one set of spoiler tags. It would basically just hide the teams and you could scroll down to whatever turn you had next to read without needing to load all of the previous turns on that page.

Also, for the Unfunny thread, instead of making it a quote box, you could make it a spoiler box, cutting down on those ridiculously long conversations that people post on there.

It's just a way to be able to read through conversations on a thread without having to deal with lengthy blocks of pictures, and all you would have to do is post ONE [spoiler] at the beginning and ONE [/spoiler] at the end.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:07 pm

Eh. I don't really like spoiler buttons.

Also I think they don't save you any load time, since they pre-load all the pictures anyway just to be prepared for when you click on the spoiler buttons.

Also, what the hell? Blitzen posted? Don't trust what they say about j+b, he's still not spelling anything right. He uses a spellchecker now, but just picks words from it at random, so it's even harder to understand him now than it was before.
stubby
Psy.D Child Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Well, now you don't even have to look at the ungodly button Warhead!

I thought spoiler tags made it so you loaded everything that was outside of them, then it loaded what was inside, but I guess that doesn't make any sense, as the text and images are still in that segment of the page. Oh well, my bad.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:20 pm

One more Attn Rayhawk thread Oneeye and your name gets changed to Pesgores, in my mind.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:46 pm

I only made one.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Yup. Bad OneEye! BAD! :? :lol:
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby muffinman42 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Spoiler tags would be usefull, since scrolling past a shit load of pictures WHILE THEY'RE LOADING is painfully annoying, since as each picture loads the screen jerks, so you can't view the posts untill the pictures above it have loaded, which in a forum battle with multiple turns on one page can be very annoying.
:spoil: doesn't work for this since it is alerting to spoilers NOT hideing text or images, If possible give us editable tabs on it, so instead of "spoiler" it could say "shit load of stupid jumble".
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Uhm, Muffin, we already explained everything.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Here is how I handle the situation.

6) Click on thread.

7) Chug beers until pictures sort themselves out.

8.) Read latest post.

9) Pants.

10) Profit! BO-YAH!
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Pants should NEVER be a step, unless it's taking them off.
OneEye589
Pooplord

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements