Starfringe RPG

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Re: Starfringe RPG

Postby Maverick » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:13 pm

mgb519 wrote:Not at all. Welcome aboard.

Maybe it would be simpler to run this the old fashioned way instead of as a chat thing. Anyone have strong opinions one way or another?

Personally, i like board rpg's better.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Spoiler: show
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:58 pm

mgb519 wrote:Not at all. Welcome aboard.

Maybe it would be simpler to run this the old fashioned way instead of as a chat thing. Anyone have strong opinions one way or another?

Running it here on the forums would be better I think.
Brikguy0410
Official Forum Science and History Expert

Postby mgb519 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:43 pm

As the doors of the star ferry turn open, you are greeted by a wide paved space. A mobile mining platforms is idle in the space, and markings indicate that two more are in use already. There are three large buildings, a watchtower at each of the four corners, and eight gun emplacments featuring light autocannons. You step off of the spacecraft and are immediately met by a very angry looking man. his tag reads "Jason Foster."

He begins, "Alright, listen up. I'm the field director, and you are to refer to me as sir, god, or king, whichever suits you. I don't know what you've heard about Ares 5 being paved with gold, but that was bullshit. This place is an underdeveloped, uninhabitable shithole. It was not entirely bullshit. Ares 5 is an underdeveloped uninhabitable shithole worth more than you will ever see in your lifetime. But there's a piece of the pie for you too, and that's what you're here for, isn't it? Alright. We don't pay for idle bodies, so the faster we can get you up to speed the better. Orientation time. This is Ares 5. The landscape consists of lots of little hills and valleys, thick with iron and nickel and sometimes platinum. We send these platforms out, they detect metals, you use them to dig them up, you meet your quota, you bring them back. Simple.

"As of today, we have 36 personnel on payroll. You are 31-36, and you are hereby designated as group F. Now sometimes, there are people who aren't on our payroll. They are not your friendly next door neighbor. They are the one thing that makes your paycheck smaller, and we don't like that, now do we? Of fucking course we don't. You have guns, they're not just for show. If you're not shooting, either you're backing away from them or they're backing away from you. If you're backing away, you're giving up company profits and that's coming out of your paycheck.

"Now, one of you needs to step forward and claim leadership. Better be damn sure you know what you're doing, because every time you fuck up it's on YOU. Sooner rather than later. As I said earlier, we don't pay you to stand around and chat with each other."
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Maverick » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:57 pm

((OOC: I vote Silvy. He's got the highest negotiation.))
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Maverick wrote:((OOC: I vote Silvy. He's got the highest negotiation.))

Seconded
Brikguy0410
Official Forum Science and History Expert

Postby Silverdream » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:22 pm

"As the leader, my first act is to make things clear. I am not a general, a pirate or a gangster. I'm a very unlucky Doctor for winding up here. However, do as I say and you will come out with me, rich and alive. My second act is to make sure that this is understood. If I am wounded in any way, you need to save me. I am the only one here who knows how to operate on other humans, and I also want to make sure you all know what to do. If anyone thinks they can do better than me, I urge them to argue with me here."

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Maverick wrote:((OOC: I vote Silvy. He's got the highest negotiation.))

He doesn't. We're tied. But the Doctor is a better choice for leader. I'm more of a hostile negotiator. I'm the guy that looms behind and to the right of the leader.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Maverick » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:42 am

"Hey, Doc, as long as I get to be pilot, I'm happy to call you leader. I'd take a bullet for you. 'Cause you could operate it out."
((Didn't notice your stats, Quantum, i'm sorry.))

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby Silverdream » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:29 pm

"Good to hear it Franklin. I see your tag says 'full-throttle', where did you pick that up?"

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Maverick » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Silverdream wrote:"Good to hear it Franklin. I see your tag says 'full-throttle', where did you pick that up?"

"Oh, that. I used to be a test pilot. Then i got sacked for blowing up an engine, by flying too fast."

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby mgb519 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:58 pm

"is that settled? Good. Now for your first mission. I want you to take the RAV and head up north to sector 0108. You're looking for mineral deposits, sure, but that's not priority number one. Corporate wants me to start expanding, build a secondary base further out. So what I want you to do is get me intel on the land, the hills and valleys, where the ideal tactical positions are, where troops can hide. Get all the information you can find and report back to me in four days. Now let me warn you now: that's out towards WCF. I don't know if you know, but we have a ceasefire with them right now. I hope to take advantage of that to work without resistance. The problem is that they're probably thinking the same thing, and then we don't have a ceasefire anymore. If you can avoid them, do. If you can't, I trust you can figure out what to do. Now, get going and don't fuck up."

The recon assault vehicle resembles an APC combined with a boat. There is a top deck of sorts, with a machinegun on the front. The front is plated with armor suitable for crushing through rocks at high speed, but the rest is very light and might even be vulnerable to small arms. There are two 18 cylinder engines in the back, giving it a top speed of 100 KPH
Last edited by mgb519 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Check my gear and mount up. I'll man the gun if no one else wants it.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Silverdream » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:19 pm

OOC: Alright, so I'm guessing it looks like this:

.___
_____I__
\______/
OOOO

Anyways, Scratch (if he's playing should take shotgun due to his reconnaissance). Otherwise I or Grant should take it.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:36 pm

I have a Recon of two. So I guess I should be topside after all.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby mgb519 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Kinda like that. But the gun is at the front, like you might expect on a gunboat.

-->
_______o==
|______/
-o--o--o
Tzan wrote:

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games