Forum RPG "Fallen Gods"

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Scottsman
Minifig

Forum RPG "Fallen Gods"

Post by Scottsman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:35 am

You were strong. You were powerful. You were a god.
Now you're mortal, sitting on the world you once helped run.
But your power isn't all gone. Its coming back, slowly but surely.
And you know what?
You're not the only one.

Fallen Gods is going to be different from a lot of the other RPGs I've seen on the forums. Any and all numbers will be behind the scenes, known only by me. I wanted to do something that basically relied on the pure insanity that naturally seems to flourish on these forums. It will take place in a fantasy world, though not your standard medieval Europe, instead basically being an excuse for anything to be possible, like gods of death fighting sea monsters with heavy metal.
As for character creation, it basically boils down to what kind of god you were, and what kind of mortal you are, both of which are completely up to you, though I hold veto power in case of power-gaming assholes. The point won't be to win, but to have a kickass adventure that defies reason. Just decide what you want to do, I decide whether you can or not, and how likely it is to work. Keep in mind that you are freshly fallen gods at the beginning, so you won't be unbelievably powerful entities, just very powerful.
Now come on in, and try to mark OOC in some clear way, for gods sake.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: Forum RPG "Fallen Gods"

Post by Silverdream » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Name: Redix Bookonix

God of: Knowledge, reading, books, literature, and paper.

Powers include: Common Sense, knowledge, the ability to read books in seconds, manipulation of paper, politeness.

Physical Description: Small, feeble looking, old, dark gray hair.

Background: After Redix fell from godhood, he used his common sense and knowledge to seek out the greatest library the world had ever known. Now he quests for information on the location of this fabled library, for which he shall become the God Librarian.

Alignment: Neutral Good
Last edited by Silverdream on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

OREMAWESOME1234
Cannon Fodder

Post by OREMAWESOME1234 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Name: Malthos Kolkan

God of: Corsairs/Pirates, Winds/Storms, Slavery, Revenge

Powers include: Control of Storms/winds, Thrall rune(Mind control over weakened foes?)

Physical Description: Medium-sized, Muscular, Dark Elf

Background: After being cast away from the heavens, he decided to Do as those he watches over do. Which is to say, Raid helpless Villages.And then Enslave its populace.

Alignment: Chaotic evil
Last edited by OREMAWESOME1234 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:52 pm

Name: Nosto

God of Death and Trees.

Powers include: Functional knowledge of all instruments of both murder and agriculture. Pyromancy. May "replant' the souls of those he reaps as trees.

Background: Having fallen from godhood, those whose time has come and are meant to die simply do not. Many in the new world still are killed violently or by disease, but nobody dies of old age, and lethal accidents of fate are virtually non-existant. Furthermore, the forests dwindle without his care and protection. He still possesses his ledger of those meant to die, and though he is now but a mortal, he intends to carry out his duties to completion. All souls eventually reach the grave. The forest shall thrive.

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:56 am

Name: Boss-Bro

God of Mischief

Powers include: Practical Jokes, Humor, Trolling, Invisibility

Background: Boss-Bro is the God of Mischief, and is usually blamed for everything that doesn't go as planned. He enjoys playing practical jokes and messing up the plans of people and other gods, usually staying hidden to avoid the consequences of his actions. He does not care for power or sides and only wants to have a good laugh.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:33 am

Name: Khnum

Divine Potter

Powers include: Water(especially rivers), Molding life from clay

Background:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khnum

I want to kind of run him as a forgotten and outdated god- he's Fallen because he lost his final worshipper, and the only thing that stops him from not-existing are Egyptian Theology majors and that wikipedia article.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:05 am

Keldoclock wrote:I want to kind of run him as a forgotten and outdated god- he's Fallen because he lost his final worshipper, and the only thing that stops him from not-existing are Egyptian Theology majors and that wikipedia article.
Did you ever read the Discworld novel Small Goods? Are you starting as a tortoise as well?
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

Cytheran
Officer

Post by Cytheran » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Name: Nihil Exis

God of: Nothingness

Scottsman
Minifig

Post by Scottsman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:07 pm

@IVHorseman
How about instead of no more dying of old age and other fate like things, people who die in the wild come back as zombies. Sound like a good alternative?

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:51 pm

knolli wrote:
Keldoclock wrote:I want to kind of run him as a forgotten and outdated god- he's Fallen because he lost his final worshipper, and the only thing that stops him from not-existing are Egyptian Theology majors and that wikipedia article.
Did you ever read the Discworld novel Small Goods? Are you starting as a tortoise as well?
No,but I have played the videogame "Catherine"
(I have all the Diskworld books in a big .zip somewhere on my computer but i find them, while hilarious, almost always superseded by other reading material. I will be starting as a half man, half ram.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Scottsman wrote:@IVHorseman
How about instead of no more dying of old age and other fate like things, people who die in the wild come back as zombies. Sound like a good alternative?
Yeah whatever, you're the GM. I'm taking creative liberties with that character description, so I'm expecting you to hold me back.

The whole idea came from the thought that if I'm no longer the god of death, what happens to death with no master? In a similar vein, I'd like for one of us to be the fallen god of the sun, so that we have to play in a world bathed in eternal twilight.

GeneralOfDeath
Cannon Fodder

Post by GeneralOfDeath » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Room 4 one more?
Let's Play X-Com: UFO Defense

The New Guy's Guide to the Brikwars Forums

Threads Won: 1 2

Times Banned: 6

Time Banned: 4 Days 2 Hours

Scottsman
Minifig

Post by Scottsman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:21 pm

I think we can start now. We're starting in a smallish harbor town of Whalehome, functioning as a transportation nexus for the most part. Decide why you are here, what you're doing, how long you've been here, and anything else you find important. We can work forward from there. Feel free to add to the setting with your reasons, but as usual, I hold veto rights.
Oh, and if you want to make a picture of your character but can't art for shit, I recommend Hero Machine. Just try it.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:57 pm

I've been wandering the town while invisible and tripping people.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:04 pm

This is what I should look like. Clothing is torn up from a skirmish with a highwayman.

I've been living in the small town library for the past two days, using my powers to organize and repair old books. I'm probably going to leave in the next day or so.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k