For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

BFenix
Pooplord

Project Reality BF2 mod

Post by BFenix » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:12 pm

http://www.realitymod.com/

http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-reality

Once in a while, me and some buds still wreck some havoc on BF2 servers. A few days ago I was browsing Moddb and stumbled across a mod called Project Reality. Now, I wasn't really into milsims, like Arma and such, but this mod has something special to it. It takes your typical Battlefield experience to a whole new degree of realism, without being too complicated or difficult to learn.

The mod is extremely well done with the exception of two or three major bugs (but hey, it's a free mod). The installation and guides recall those of a professional-made product and includes a VOIP program called Mumble which you can use to easily communicate with your team in-game using the Num Pad. All for free of course.

It gives the game more guns, vehicles, maps (which are FAR larger), the element of realism, 4 scenarios of historical warfare (WW2, Vietnam, Falklands and Contemporary/Modern Warfare) but most of all, teamwork. I'm yet to see ANY game to achieve this level of comradeship and dependency on your mates and on the way you and the others communicate with each other. Asking for supplies, back-up, medic, fire support, evac, etc... all in coordinated unison. Not even TF2, SW:BF, LoL, or the rest of the EA BF franchise could achieve this, IMO.

Plus, it has a pretty good and active community that arranges huge 200-player tournaments and events, and ultimately, great patches fixing many lesser issues and bringing new stuff to the mod.

Overall, I'm fascinated by the way the PR team upgraded EA's FPS to such a level and I'll be playing <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> more of it! I'm spreading the word to my friends and here to see if I can recruit any brikwarrior to join me. Although be advised, this mod is targeted for a more mature public. So if you're hoping for a CoD-experience you might as well forget it.

Useful links on top.

BFenix
Pooplord

Re: Project Reality BF2 mod

Post by BFenix » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:32 pm

:necro:

PR is now in v1.3 and is standalone, which means that it no longer requires BF2 to play. This has made the mod available for everyone and as such, the servers have been flooded with players. Disregarding all the n00bs that don't read the beginners PDF, this is great news to the PR community.

Myself and some friends have been playing again and, like always, it's a blast!

Koberaptor
Hero

Post by Koberaptor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:54 pm

BFenix wrote::necro:

PR is now in v1.3 and is standalone, which means that it no longer requires BF2 to play. This has made the mod available for everyone and as such, the servers have been flooded with players. Disregarding all the n00bs that don't read the beginners PDF, this is great news to the PR community.

Myself and some friends have been playing again and, like always, it's a blast!
:)

Look up "Squad kickstarter"
There making an actual game :D

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:47 pm

The video game "Squad" is due to come out sometime in 2016 or 2017, isn't it?

Koberaptor
Hero

Post by Koberaptor » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:03 pm

Valiant wrote:The video game "Squad" is due to come out sometime in 2016 or 2017, isn't it?
The hope is late 2015, but alpha keys go out to the mid level supporters in a few weeks (can't WAIT!). It was my first kickstart :D