Of Games and Thrones - Forum RPG - LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

knolli
Dimmy

Re: Of Games and Thrones - Forum RPG

Post by knolli » Sat May 18, 2013 4:49 am

The Lion Guard are the highest ranking knights of the realm, each one a legendary fighter and famous throughout the lands. For the honor to be the king's personal bodyguards they renounce their right to own land or title.

"The protocol is there to protect the king's safety. What a guard would I be if I let a group of ten armed men rush through the door I am to protect? Even if you", he nods towards the other knights, "look like my brothers in arms you could still be assassins disguised my magic." Sir Roland tells you as if lecturing a child. "And what's this nonsense about black magic, huh? No necromancer has passed this door during my guard."
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat May 18, 2013 1:11 pm

"Are you trained in magical detection? If you don't believe me, look for yourself. Open the damned door and just LOOK." This is highly unusual behavior for men of the guard. I attempt to see if these men have somehow been magically manipulated - perhaps there are magical remnants of their being brainwashed, or even worse, they could be illusions. "What guard would you be to take your eyes off of the king when there is an intruder present?"

How are the other guards handling this? I can imagine at least some of them losing their shit.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Sat May 18, 2013 4:12 pm

The ones who came with you support your point and demand entrance. They are led by the old Sir Eduard, a veteran old enough to be your grandfather, bit still strong enough to hold the tile of the best knight. They start to get pretty annoyed at Sir Roland, the one stubborn muscle-for-brains bocking your path.

You take a closer look at the big tin of steel in front of you ("Perception roll:12*) and wonder how you could have missed the obvious signs of enchantments on him. To you, his aura is weak and tainted with something sinister. Maybe he is possessed?
"You dare to speak to me in such a manner?! Such incolence! I should punish you on the spot! Now it is clear that you are the intruder in disguise. No member of the court could be this unrefined!" The big noble oaf gets into battle stance and draws his sword. The four knights on your side also get ready while Quanire and the squires pull back.
Although they are four vs. one, a fight would be tough. Sir Roland is better equipted and the narrow corridor prevent your party from efficiently using their superior numbers. The squires would survive not a second against the experienced fighter and they know it. Also, attacking the king's bodyguard could be seen as an act of high treason.
Last edited by knolli on Sun May 19, 2013 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat May 18, 2013 6:58 pm

"Without a trial? In front of all these guards? This is a man posessed!" We might be here too late. Far, far too late. "Notice the way he walks, and the lack of reason! Eduard, I fear your title demands you subdue this man - but do try not to kill him. There's strong Necromancy behind that door, and it's commanding his body against his will!" Far, far too late.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Sun May 19, 2013 7:03 am

Well, it is universally accepted that a noble's honor and status are worth much more than any commoner's life, yours included, even if you are the apprentice of the court magician.

Sir Eduard raises an eyebrow at your breach of etiquette, but doesn't comment on it further. He sees that you must be right. "Sir Roland, I hereby free you of all your duties as a member of the Lion Guard. Step down now!"
The face a mask of wild rage Sir Roland attacks without further delay. What you whitness now is something only a few people have ever seen: A deadly fight between some of the most feared swordsmen of the realm. The blades whirl so fast that you can't follow them with your eyes. The bashing and clanging of steel is deafening. You want to assist the knights, but you have no chance to take proper aim and would risk to hurt your allies.
Suddenly you hear a tearing sound and a fountain of blood paints the white piles red. Quanire hurries to bestow first aid on the fallen knight who has just lost his right hand to Sir Roland's sword. A splitsecond later, the raging coloss hits his head hard on the wall. The fast footwork of Sir Eduard had made him stumble. You think you heard bone crack. Like a marionette with its strings cut he slumbs to the floor and stays still.
"Dustin, Gerald, guard the prisoner!" Sir Eduard commands the squires. "You, healer, stay with them. The rest with me! Mage, support from the back if you can."

With that he openes the door to the king's bedroom. The three knights still able to fight charge into the room and take batlle formation.
The king himself is standing in his dressing gown next to his bed, facing you. He looks pale and there are dark shadows below his eyes. You notice the same taint to him that surrounded Sir Roland. You also feel a powerful dark aura emitting from a group of armchairs next to he window. One of them has its back to you.
"Sir Eduard, I heard fighting. Are we under attack?" the king asks innocently.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun May 19, 2013 11:33 am

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Wait, did Roland or Eduard lose his sword-hand?

Okay, so the necromancer's sitting in that armchair. I can feel the darkness radiating from the armchair - warm, and sickly. It calls like the embrace of death, waiting for someone to step into its jaws. "I'm afraid so your highness. There isn't much time - you need to get to a defendable position. The guards will brief you along the way, but you need to get out of here before the intruder arrives!" I can only hope that by taking the king out of the Necromancer's immediate range of influence that someone can snap him out of the spell. If the necromancer does not will this, he'll make every attempt to keep the king here, but if I pretend to be oblivious to his presence, he might not reveal himself. I point out the chair and make hand gestures to tell the guards to keep their eyes trained on it for movement, just as I have my weapon pointed towards it. If he pops out, we'll all be ready.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Sun May 19, 2013 2:50 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Wait, did Roland or Eduard lose his sword-hand?
The one losing his hand was Sir Brandon, the youngest Lion you have met. He was the winner of the joust at the last spring's tournament and famous for his abilities on horseback.

"Yes, yes, of course. Lead the way." The king leaves the room, but not without glancing to the armchair first. He is accompanied by Sir Gardan, called Mace like his favorite weapon. Sir Eduard and the last knight, Sir Harrad, see your handsigns and nod. After the king has left, Sir Eduard motions you to stay near the door and the two of them circle the armchair, ready to jump any moment. You have your crossbow ready. When the knights are nearly a swords reach from the armchair, a calm male voice suddenly speaks.
"Oh my, and here I thought I would go unnoticed. I would never expect to find a mage with such keen senses here." A black clad figure arises. He turns around and immediatelly two swords are pointing at his face. His features are hidden behind a white mask - a necromancers ritual mask. But while yours shows a featureless face, his is shaped like a skull. "My my, such unneccessary violence. Too bad. But have it your way. It will not change anything, just fasten my plans." He doesn't show any signs of fear or nervousness. Far from it! He seems somethere between perfectly calm and mildly annoyed. He holds up his gloved, empty hands in a gesture of innocence.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun May 19, 2013 3:22 pm

"The violence ends here. Keep your hands right there where we can see them. Guards, arrest this man: Morten the Necromancer!" I hold my position by the door, crossbow still armed. "This is the man who has been possessing and felling our guards with black magic." This is surely the man I saw in the spirit realm. "I fear his crimes extend much deeper than our mortal plane, for he has also been stealing souls from beyond the grave for his own, evil purposes. I pray your trial is short and just." I wait for the guards to handcuff and lead this man to a cell and a diviner.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Mon May 20, 2013 4:56 am

Sir Harrad sheathes his sword and binds Mortens hand. The necromancer doesn't resist.
"Oh, so that was you who saw me there. I am quite impressed that you have seen through my plans this fast. You have much potential. Wouldn't you like to work for... no.. oh, what a pity. Anyway you are right - in all but one point: the violence. Just. BEGINNS. MUHAHAHAHA"
With that he raises his hands above his head. The air becomes much darker and colder. The shadows in the corners start to move on their own. With a flash the shackles crumble to dust. Sir Eduard's sword swings in a wide arc for the evil sorcerer's neck, but suddenly recoils as if it had hit an invisible barrier. Black sparks flash when your bolt stops a few inches in front of his chest in a similar way.
"Rise, my servants!" Four ghost-like hunched figures made of shadow rise from the dark corners. Sir Harrad is armed again and attacks the first shadow creature next to him, and nearly loses his balance when his hit passes right through it. In the next moment three of them jump at him. He screams in pain when the claws stab into his body without resistance. To your horror the creatures don't stop there. They go further and further INTO his body until they are swollowed completely. The knight is pale like death, coughs and spasms. Then all signs of struggle stop suddenly. With slow movements he turns to face you. An evil grin distorts his face.
"RETREAT!" Sir Eduards commands.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon May 20, 2013 11:01 am

I run like the tender child that I am.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Mon May 20, 2013 12:42 pm

I hope you have fun, because I do. :mrgreen:

"Yes, flee, you fools! It won't do you any good. i have already won."
You catch up to the squires who already obey their superior's command. Quanire has patched up Sir Brandon's wounds so far that he his able to run on his own. The group of younglings and the wounded knight run outside and towards the front gate. Sir Eduard is covering your retreat. In a moment of bravery you look back over your shoulder. Good, neither the necromancer nor his shadows are following you. The possessed Sir Harrad on the other hand does. When you pass the library the Old Lion, Sir Eduard turns over a table to block the door and buy you some time. Seconds that feel like eteraty later you reach the font yard and the gates. At the horizon you see the first light of the new day.
To your surprise the palace guards are standing on their posts as if nothing had ever happened.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon May 20, 2013 1:39 pm

"Ohhhh that's not good." I can't risk them seeing me. I have no idea what fell magic had been cast on these guards, but if they suffer the same enchantments, they won't let me escape. And where did Sir Gardan and The King steal away to? I must make his safety a priority, or at least see how deep the magic is set within his veins. Looks like I'll have to head to the keep, or at least the Lions' quarters to spread word of the infection.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Mon May 20, 2013 3:27 pm

You know the Lion's quarters are empty now. The Lions are only a dozen knights strong to begin with. Half of them are outside the palace, some on missions far away. Sir Gardan is with the king, the sirs Roland and Harrad are possessed and the sirs Brandon and Eduard as well as the group of squires are with you.
Sir Gardan was ordered to bring the king to safety. For security reasons only the Lions know where that is. You will have to trust in the Mace, because you can't help him now. Besides, you have some serious trouble of your own.

You figure that there is a good chance that the palace guards are controled by the enemy as well. But neither of the two knights in your company knows that.
"To the gate and then into the city. We have to reorganize," Sir Eduard commands.
"You, apprentice, how... *cough*... how can we stop these shadow demons?" Sir Brandon asks through clenched teeth.
Behind you the library door bursts open and the possessed Sir Harrad shouts: "Alarm! Treason! Close the gate! Secure Sir Eduard and those with him!"

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon May 20, 2013 4:30 pm

"We won't be stopping anything if we're arrested. Move!" The library might just contain tomes on how to defeat such an evil, but we won't be able to get in with such security measures. And I need time to read and pour over these texts to do my research, I need... Laurence! I take the lead and duck behind some cover as I formulate an escape plan. We'll have to track him down, but he'll know what to do... I'm sure of it.

I don't have a very good mental image of the layout of where we are right now, but I guess we're in between the front gates and the library. the walls are probably too high to climb directly, but they might be short enough to where the combined effort of the group can form a human ladder and pull everyone (or at least some of us) over. Either that, or we'll be able to ditch the chase and calmly leave before word gets out on which lions are "good" and take advantage of the confusion. I guess the third option would be finding an easy exit, but who am I kidding?

And where's the rest of my gear stored?

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Mon May 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Your stuff is in your own chamber at the top floor if the tower at the far end of the palace grounds. Don't fret, that's all part of the story.

Yes, you are between the front gates and the library. The other buildings flanking the yard are the stables and the great hall that leads to the throne room that is connected to the king's chambers again. I will draw you a map tomorrow. Climbing the walls would be suicide. Likewise would be attempting to simply walk through the front gate.
When the knight realizes the situation, Sir Eduard commands: "Change of plans. This way!"
He leads you through the great hall and some of the reception rooms. Some of the servants are already at work cleaning. Many are surprised to see your group comming through. You hear shouts outside and in your back. The hunt has started.
You pass several other rooms until Sir Eduard stops near a grand fireplace. He pulls a hidden lever and with a silent *click* the backside or the stonework swings open. "In there, fast! "
He is the last one to enter the hidden passage. It's dark but surprisingly clean. You are guided through a labyrinth of narrow corridors and down many stairs. In a hidden chamber far underground, you pause. "So this is the plan, just in case we get separated: Sir Brandon will lead them to the safehouse. You will stay hidden while you contact the other members of the lion guard before this warlock feeds them false information. Then we will make plans how to fight him. Got it? Good. Onward!"

Some sneaking, many hardships and an epic "You shall not pass!"-moment by Sir Eduard later, you reach the safehouse dirty and exhausted.
You wanted an easy exit, did you not?