I invented a card game

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

I invented a card game

Postby mgb519 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:42 pm

I was writing things and I decided to create a fictional card game. I came up with:
Turncoat
This game is played in rounds. The players are dealt a set of six cards. They will select four of these cards to act as their hand for the duration of the round, organize them in whatever order they wish, and set their hand face down on the table. They will then take turns starting at the dealer's right hand and cycling all the way to the right, selecting a single card (without revealing it) from a hand other than their own. No more than two players may select a card from the same player's hand. When everyone has chosen a card they may compare them.
To determine the winner of the first draw, scoring goes as follows:
-Cards are either considered a number card or a face card. The value doesn't matter beyond that.
-Suite superiorty: cards of the same color suites are considered equal, while clubs have an advantage over diamonds, diamonds have an advantage over spades, and so on like Bonn-o-Tron. In this fashion, a face card of diamonds is considered equal to a number card of clubs.
From this selection, the players will keep track of how many cards their own choice beat.

If there is a tie, there will be a second drawing for the same round. The rules are much simpler, and are inverted from the first draw. The players will choose a card from their own hand, and they are only concerned with the specific number on the card. Suite does not matter for the second draw.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Clown-Face Bologna

Re: I invented a card game

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:19 am

So are face cards or number cards the better ones? Or is it just suit that matters?
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: I invented a card game

Postby mgb519 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:23 am

mgb519 wrote:In this fashion, a face card of diamonds is considered equal to a number card of clubs.

So a face card is worth more than a number card, so if you have a face card of one suite and it's being compared to a number card of the suite which is worth more, the numbers basically cancel out.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Clown-Face Bologna

Return to Lesser Games