Starfringe RPG

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Starfringe RPG

Postby mgb519 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Outlands Industrial Works wrote:Do you seek adventure? Profit? Maybe a little danger? Outland Industrial Works is looking for able bodied men and women to staff a colony on Ares 5. Training will be included in your plan, and equipement, clothing, and housing will be provided. All it takes is a six month commitment, a short interview process, and a space flight to send you to a world you never imagined The Fringe awaits. Will you answer? Call now for a free consultation to find out if you're eligible to sign up!

https://www.mediafire.com/?ca4w7fyal01scum

Stats:
Spoiler: show
At start, every character receives 4 points, and can subtract from certain skills to add to others. Skills cannot be raised above 2 or dropped below -2 at character creation. They cannot be raised above 4. Characters start at level 0, and they generally level up after a successful mission or as the GM determines.

Vitality is your ability to push on like Bonn-o-Tron. At 0 vitality, taking a hit results in death. Maximum vitality is equal to the character’s level, and it is restored at a rate of 10% every hour spent resting. Points may be put into increasing maximum vitality at character creation, but not after. Note that putting points into vitality does not stack with level based vitality, so putting 2 points into vitality means that the character willl have 2 max vitality until they hit level 3. Vitality points can be spent to increase rolls by a degree of success.

Piloting is your ability to fly ships both in combat and in peacetime. Navigating difficult terrain, Flying combat vehicles, and evasive maneuvers are all piloting.

Combat is your ability as a foot soldier. Firearms, hand-to-hand combat, and gun emplacements are all examples of combat.

Technical is your skill with tools and technology. The Technical stat is used to operate and repair machinery and to engineer creative solutions to problems.

Medicine is your skill with treating injuries. This encompasses all types, from chemical burns to bullet wounds to downright amputations.

Reconnaissance is your ability to take in and process tactical information quickly, and to remain undetected while doing so.

Negotiation is your ability to deal with opposing companies in a more civil manner. It includes negotiating territory ownership, ceasefires, and the like.

Equipment:
Given:

Handgun: no penalty to combat when fighting enemies equipped with firearms

Rations (1 Week): will keep the character fed for a week.

Containment Suit: Protects from suffocation and other environmental hazards. Does not protect against firearms, fire, or corrosive agents.

Carry 2 at a time:

Submachinegun: +4 to remain undetected when firing

Combat Rifle: +1 bonus to hit at all times, inflicts a -2 to hit on targeted enemies

Shotgun: +2 bonus to hit when engaged in combat (fired upon in previous turn), bonus hit when engaged for two turns

Marksman Rifle: +2 bonus to hit when not directly engaged in combat (not under fire in previous turn) Bonus damage when not engaged for three turns

First Aid Kit: Necessary for effective treatment (-3 to medicine when not used)

Booster: Short distance jetpack, good for combat maneuvering (upon using jumpjets, enemies receive a -3 to hit. Jumpjets recharge every three turns)

Uplink: Advanced GPS, scanning, radar, and targeting for artillery

Tools: Necessary for effective repairs (-3 to technical when not used)

Rocket Launcher: double use disposable anti-tank weapon. Deals 3 hits of damage. -4 to hit against infantry.

Frag Grenade: Thrown explosives deals 2 hits of damage to clustered enemies. -3 to hit, targets each individually. Come in sets of 2.

Armor: reduces enemy chance to deal damage by 1, absorbs 2 points of damage before being destroyed.

This RPG system is mechanically similar to titan world, so it should be simple enough to pick up. If you're interested, just make a character and as soon as we have enough people we'll begin.

Characters:

Doctor Ramdeep Dundati

Nathan "Full-throttle" Franklin

Marcel Bouchard

Thomas Grant

X-707

James "King" Crimson
Last edited by mgb519 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Re: Starfringe RPG

Postby Silverdream » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:20 pm

Doctor Ramdeep Dundati

"I'm just another handsome medical Doctor. I'm hardly an engineer."

Vitality: 1
Piloting: 0
Combat: 1
Technical: -2
Medicine: 2
Reconaissance: 0
Negotiating: 2

Equipment:
-First Aid Kit
-Uplink
-Enfield-L 100 revolver (freebie)

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Scratch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:36 pm

James "King" Crimson

Vitality 1

Piloting 2

Combat 2

Technical 1

Medicine -2

Reconnaissance 1

Negotiation -1

Armor
Shotgun
Last edited by Scratch on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Postby mgb519 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:53 am

You only used 3 points. You can use 1 more freely.
Also you forgot to list vitality.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Maverick » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:05 am

Nathan "Full-throttle" Franklin
"I'm a famous smuggler. Don't look it up."

Piloting: 2
Vitality: 2
Technical: 2
Reconnaissance: -1
Medicine: -2
Negotiation: 0

Also gadgets: Submachine gun, Tools.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Postby Tzan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:53 am

Vulgarity : is your ability to incorporate swear word catch phrases into sentences during combat.

Piltoging : is your ability to imitate Piltogg both in combat and in peacetime. Navigating difficult political situations, Flying combat vehicles, and evasive statements are all Piltoging.

Comb-at : is your ability to always know where your comb is at.

Technic Al : You know a guy named Al who has a lot of Technic

Medicine : is your skill with treating injuns with alcohol.

Reconnaissance : is your ability to take in and process tactical renaissance fair information quickly, and to remain undetected while doing so.

Negrotiation : is your ability to deal with opposing Jewish African Americans in a more civil manner. It includes negrotiating West Bank territory ownership, ceasefires in Chicago neighborhoods, and the like.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Marcel Bouchard

"I don't want to kill you...but I will."

Piloting: -2
Combat: 2
Technical: 0
Medicine: -2
Reconnaissance: 2
Negotiation: 2

Equipment
  • Booster
  • Desert Eagle .50
  • Armor
  • Rations (1 Week)
  • Containment Suit
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby lawmaster » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Thomas Grant
"Let me help you out there"

Piloting: 0
Technical: 0
Medicine: 0
Reconnaissance: 1
Negotiation: 0

Futuregun-10 space machine pistol
Tools
First Aid Kit
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*
lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Postby mgb519 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:39 am

Adjusted equipment table to be clearer.

Outlands Industrial Works wrote:Planet: Ares 5
Branch ID: 04A59
Temperature: 50 C to -12 C
Estimated resource value: 1.4 Billion
Ares 5 has undergone basic terraforming. Moisture is nonexistant. Atmosphere is breathable in emergencies but contains higher levels of oxygen and is generally considered dangerous. Planet lacks native life.

Base camp has been established 3.3 kilometers from a valley containing rich Iron deposits. Few other groups have established a presence on the planet yet. However, be advised that the Wyverlund Colonization Front has set up an outpost 112.5 kilometers away from basecamp. Conflict is anticipated but at the moment they have asked for a ceasefire. Hostile actions in case of self-defense will be evaluated, but are authorized.

Welcome to Ares 5. Upon landing, check in with the field director for your responsibilities.
Tzan wrote:

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby mgb519 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:06 pm

can everyone hop in chat sometime tomorrow for the first session?
Tzan wrote:

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:22 am

I think Silver was out this week on Sat (or we'd be doing Titan). Sat is the only day this weekend that I could do anything extended.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Silverdream » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:28 am

I can do early Saturday, which is what mgb was talking about (I think)

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Maverick » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:18 am

I'm going to my grandparents, but luckily they have internet-connection.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
Maverick

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:34 am

Is it to late to sign up?
Well, here us my character

X-707

"Hello, I am an experimental artificial intelligence placed in a robot body that will be assisting you"

Vitality:1

Combat:1
Technical skill:1
Negotiation :1

Everything else zero

Equipment: handgun, uplink, tools
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby mgb519 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:57 am

Not at all. Welcome aboard.

Maybe it would be simpler to run this the old fashioned way instead of as a chat thing. Anyone have strong opinions one way or another?
Tzan wrote:

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Next

Return to Lesser Games