Fallout 3

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Nope, Xbox, my laptop is crap. That loadout of mods sounds awesome though.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Porphyrogenitus wrote:
Keldoclock wrote:Presuming you are playing on PC,

Play on Very Hard and Hardcore mode. Install Project Nevada, NMCs Texture Pack, WMX, Nevada Skies, EVE, but not in that order. Also maybe the weapons retexture mod

Start game, hack in sunglasses, President NCR guy's suit, Vault 13 canteen, that unique 10mm pistol, silencer for 10mm pistol, Broad Machete, one Purified Water, 5 Stimpacks.

Go forth my son.
Can't put mods on uniques, can you? Or does one of those above game mods change that?
Weathered 10mm is UNIQUE unique item.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:13 pm

The weathered 10mm comes from the vault dweller pre-order pack, but hey thats what the console commands are for. You can put mods on it in the default game, but WMX makes it so you can put mods on all uniques.

12.7mm is pretty win, but having that at the start of the game is just a little OP. With my loadout you have some decent weapons for the start of the game, and melee is now viable(trying to kill people with a damn razor blade :evil: )

You're kinda screwed when it comes to armor though, but the whole challenge of the first few levels is not getting your head blown off by some prick Powder Ganger with a 9mm.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Ahaha, straight razor melee. Goddammit guys, where do I find a decent blade? Do they even exist?

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Kill Legion guys. They often have machetes.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:06 pm

You can get a pretty sweet hatchet in a small town around Goodsprings, if you can handle Cadazores.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:44 am

Hmm... D'y know, in Nipton, I actually saved and attempted to kill the lead jackass at least three times just because. Didn't end well, no. *snrk*

Awright, either Legion or tarantula-hawk-wasps... looks like I'm hunting Roman Ripoffs tonight, boys!

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:16 pm

My advice is that you do a lot of anti-legion quests before confronting benny, so that you can then go neutral and learn that unarmed technique from the praetorian guy, and then use it to punch his face in.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:44 pm

I have no idea what you just said, and I'm rather glad that I don't, because I'm liable to go feral when people drop spoilers.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Non spoiler clarification: kill legionaries, then kill more legionaries, and then butcher their corpses.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 pm

This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Porphyrogenitus
Officer
Location: Aurora, Indiana, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Post by Porphyrogenitus » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:39 pm

I killed that Vulpa guy the first time I met him and have had Legion assassins on my tail ever since. They were super hard to deal with until I recruited the sniper, but after that have been trivial (other companions have been pretty decent v them too, and the plasma defender and 12.7mm guns are both win against high armor targets).

As for melee, the Thermic Lance is supposed to be pretty good, and rippers and the like radically reduce enemy DT (do they ignore it outright? I can't remember since I never do melee). I generally prefer high-damage ranged options though, since melee baddies rarely survive long enough to hit back (even Deathclaws go down to ranged weapons if you pick the right ones).
0 Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine Inheritance. To our Rulers grant victories over the barbarians, and by Thy Cross protect Thine own Estate.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:30 am

Well what do you know I've just found my copy of Fallout3 with all the expansions while I was checking out some things I had in storage. I used to play as a girl named Tishla using the Child mod along with FWE. She was a sneaky wee thing who liked big revolvers and she was a lot of fun to play.

Everything is very much hard work at the moment, - which I don't mind as that's what I signed up for, - but a little Fallout 3 and bad guy slap down might be fun before I say my prayers and go to bed.

Tishla with a friend.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Perhaps the most fun character to play was 'Jet' who along with being a zombie had cybernetic parts as well. And yes she did blow up Megaton.

Going for a swim. Radioactive water holds no fear for our girl

40k Death Corps gear suited Jet just fine.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Those are pretty awesome. Wish I had it on my computer so I could add some mods.