Fabletop Rules for GMs

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Fabletop Rules for GMs

Postby Vami IV » Sun May 11, 2014 4:53 am

Hey guys, made this thread for GMs like me who like creating a balanced set of rules that are easy-ish to follow and fairly balanced for max enjoyment of a game Session. Now, I've gone and used Google Documents for my Ruleset, and I would suggest that if post your ruleset here, that you use that program.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ML8 ... F9qYA/edit
NOTICE:
I am still working on this, so there probably be changes to it as your reading it.

This thread is here to help pave the way to a united Ruleset for our Fabletop sessions, and thus make playing the game with different GMs a more simple endeavor.
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
My Little Pony

Re: Fabletop Rules for GMs

Postby Vami IV » Sun May 11, 2014 4:58 am

As an added update, this is the rulebook I'll be using for my first GM Session on Monday.
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
My Little Pony

Re: Fabletop Rules for GMs

Postby Silverdream » Tue May 20, 2014 10:03 pm

I'll just say this, there's not really a need for rules for Fabletop, other than the ones implemented by the site. I think that all of this limits what the players can do too much, even if it only seems like you're not limiting much.

An example I can think of is that in one of my games, the players were helped by a Piltogg who had done horrible experiments. Once the players discovered the extent of how horrible the Piltogg was, they wanted him dead. However, they decided to give him a fair trial and simply imprison him for life so that they could use his knowledge to track down other war criminals.

If they weren't allowed to kill him in the first place, they would have never had to make their own decision. Part of the Scratchverse's appeal (to me anyway) is that it's not just shaped by the GM, but also the player's vision. You could become a King of a powerful country, or Emperor of the world and rule as you see fit. You could manage your subjects as cruelly or as good as you wanted.

I also think that players should be allowed to troll/do whatever they want as long as it doesn't ruin the fun of other players. If that happens, you just let the players take care of business, or send literal trolls to eat them (as your rules suggest).

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Return to Lesser Games