BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:18 am

Nimja wrote:I'd like in.But I probably can't play with you guys becuase timezones.
Brikguy0410 wrote:I really just fail to grasp how you can troll in civ

You want a list? OK, fine, have one.
6.pillaging tiles
7.backstabbing
8.allying with ghandi with AI personalities turned on
9.denying spaces with scouts
10.catching allies in nuclear blasts
11.allying with any douchebag AI
12.refusing reasonable trades

enough?


Thank you, also dominion conquest does not mean I won't do any diplomacy.
User avatar
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: In a pineapple under the sea

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby Vami IV » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:13 am

Brikguy0410 wrote:Thank you, also dominion conquest does not mean I won't do any diplomacy.

Every Civilization Single Player play through ever.
If your brikguy and fail to grasp what I'm saying, here's this:
"Oh, I want some Cotton for some Wine and Iron, with a pay of 15 Gold per turn. As an added bonus, here's a huge fucking army on your western border. You know, the one that you pulled all your troops out of to fight off Barbarians that makes all the gold? Your welcome."

Extra Civ 5 Tip:
Never trust the Aztecs or the French. Or Japan. Watch Japan.
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Image
User avatar
Vami IV
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby Zupponn » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Civ 5 Tip: If an AI asks you to go to war with another AI, do it. As long as you don't actually engage anything, nobody will hate you. Plus, the worst thing that can happen is that you negotiate a bad peace. If your ally is kicking their ass though, you could make some quick cash.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5627
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby Nimja » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:24 am

Brikguy0410 wrote:Thank you, also dominion conquest does not mean I won't do any diplomacy.

Lol noob. Believe me, in any civ or civ-esque game, diplomacy is a MUST, even if you are trying to be an psychopathic maniac. Civ 5 makes this more, because you aren't guaranteed to have vital iron in your borders, or horses, or coveted "we love the king" resources.You have to negotiate for them.through diplomacy.If it makes you feel any better, almost everyone makes that basic mistake when starting a game like civ.
Vami_IV wrote:Never trust the Aztecs or the French. Or Japan. Watch Japan.

and Ghandi.and England, although they're not especially douches, its just longbows are annoying to fight.don't forget rome.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
User avatar
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:48 pm
Location: Location,Location

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby dilanski » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Nimja wrote:
Brikguy0410 wrote:Thank you, also dominion conquest does not mean I won't do any diplomacy.

Lol noob. Believe me, in any civ or civ-esque game, diplomacy is a MUST, even if you are trying to be an psychopathic maniac. Civ 5 makes this more, because you aren't guaranteed to have vital iron in your borders, or horses, or coveted "we love the king" resources.You have to negotiate for them.through diplomacy.If it makes you feel any better, almost everyone makes that basic mistake when starting a game like civ.
Vami_IV wrote:Never trust the Aztecs or the French. Or Japan. Watch Japan.

and Ghandi.and England, although they're not especially douches, its just longbows are annoying to fight.don't forget rome.


And fucking Boadicea. Settled a bit too close to her borders, and she goes off the bloody deep end, and doesn't even remotely consider peace, even when the war got long and protracted. What feels like forever later, I just abandon the game. Although, I was playing Rome, so I guess it was in character.
ImageImage
o/
User avatar
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:41 am
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby Vami IV » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:02 pm

dilanski wrote:
And fucking Boadicea. Settled a bit too close to her borders, and she goes off the bloody deep end, and doesn't even remotely consider peace, even when the war got long and protracted. What feels like forever later, I just abandon the game. Although, I was playing Rome, so I guess it was in character.

Oh god, I gotta tell you about two of my Civ 5 experiences, and I you should ALWAYS watch Japan and Denmark. Or any militaristic Civ for that matter.

I started a world with about 6-8 Civs, and I was playing Denmark and my allies were the Aztec. I started on a peninsula that cut a major bay off from the Ocean, and gradually spread down the Peninsula, when I discovered Oda Nobunga to my South. (Note that my Aztec allies were to the Northeast of me, and were able to spread down towards me, when shit REALLY hit the fan. Anyways). Not having much room, I opted to spread around the bay. Big mistake. Nobunga had claimed a decent chunk of the coast, and were mighty upset when I settled upon a tiny river that flowed into the bay. Japan got their panties in a bunch, and started flinging armies of Samurai at my humble Ski Troopers.

Despite their epic Nordic badassery, the Japanese still overwhelmed my soldiers and took said city, forcing us to retreat North, and begin fighting on our own turf before my Aztec friends were able to settle a peace. I began preparing an army to storm the Japanese invaders and take back my home. Ten turns later, the Japanese, who had gained something of a technological advantage (In true Japanese fashion), and it took about three devastating wars until I was able to take back my lost homeland.
Fortunately, I was ALSO able to take A Japanese city, and I held that for the rest of that game. the Japanese eventually nuked the city we were fighting over into rubble, and the entire southern portion of my empire was always on fire and flooded with Japanese troops. In true BrikWars fashion, we trained all the world's wealth fighting eachother.

Finally, to piss on the ashes, after repeated nuking of my home cities, Japan won the game via Science victory.
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Image
User avatar
Vami IV
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby dilanski » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Vami IV wrote:
dilanski wrote:
And fucking Boadicea. Settled a bit too close to her borders, and she goes off the bloody deep end, and doesn't even remotely consider peace, even when the war got long and protracted. What feels like forever later, I just abandon the game. Although, I was playing Rome, so I guess it was in character.

Oh god, I gotta tell you about two of my Civ 5 experiences, and I you should ALWAYS watch Japan and Denmark. Or any militaristic Civ for that matter.

I started a world with about 6-8 Civs, and I was playing Denmark and my allies were the Aztec. I started on a peninsula that cut a major bay off from the Ocean, and gradually spread down the Peninsula, when I discovered Oda Nobunga to my South. (Note that my Aztec allies were to the Northeast of me, and were able to spread down towards me, when shit REALLY hit the fan. Anyways). Not having much room, I opted to spread around the bay. Big mistake. Nobunga had claimed a decent chunk of the coast, and were mighty upset when I settled upon a tiny river that flowed into the bay. Japan got their panties in a bunch, and started flinging armies of Samurai at my humble Ski Troopers.

Despite their epic Nordic badassery, the Japanese still overwhelmed my soldiers and took said city, forcing us to retreat North, and begin fighting on our own turf before my Aztec friends were able to settle a peace. I began preparing an army to storm the Japanese invaders and take back my home. Ten turns later, the Japanese, who had gained something of a technological advantage (In true Japanese fashion), and it took about three devastating wars until I was able to take back my lost homeland.
Fortunately, I was ALSO able to take A Japanese city, and I held that for the rest of that game. the Japanese eventually nuked the city we were fighting over into rubble, and the entire southern portion of my empire was always on fire and flooded with Japanese troops. In true BrikWars fashion, we trained all the world's wealth fighting eachother.

Finally, to piss on the ashes, after repeated nuking of my home cities, Japan won the game via Science victory.


You're just reminding me more why I always play on atoll style maps. That and I play as Elizabeth, obviously, and sun never sets makes Atoll maps fun for me, and hell for everyone else.
ImageImage
o/
User avatar
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:41 am
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:31 am

I have a story:

I was once playing archipelago and I got into war with Elizabeth. It sounds like it ends there, but she never attacked my homeland. It was funny because she would make peace with my and then declare war on me again repeatedly.
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
Image
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby Nimja » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:14 am

Vami IV wrote:
dilanski wrote:
And fucking Boadicea. Settled a bit too close to her borders, and she goes off the bloody deep end, and doesn't even remotely consider peace, even when the war got long and protracted. What feels like forever later, I just abandon the game. Although, I was playing Rome, so I guess it was in character.

Oh god, I gotta tell you about two of my Civ 5 experiences, and I you should ALWAYS watch Japan and Denmark. Or any militaristic Civ for that matter.

Don't forget the Volupkutans,or the Werewolves.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
User avatar
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:48 pm
Location: Location,Location

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby stubby » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:21 am

These stories are so dull that I'm in physical pain from having read them. Surely at least one of you must have had something interesting happen in a Civ game.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4801
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby dilanski » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:50 am

stubby wrote:These stories are so dull that I'm in physical pain from having read them. Surely at least one of you must have had something interesting happen in a Civ game.


> Implying interesting things happen in Civilisation.
ImageImage
o/
User avatar
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:41 am
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby Brikguy0410 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:48 am

stubby wrote:These stories are so dull that I'm in physical pain from having read them. Surely at least one of you must have had something interesting happen in a Civ game.

I saw a game on YouTube where gandhi built a huge army and killed everyone, how ironic, also my copy of civ game of the year edition will be shipping in Thursday or Friday
User avatar
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: In a pineapple under the sea

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby dilanski » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:17 am

Brikguy0410 wrote:my copy of civ game of the year edition will be shipping in Thursday or Friday


:wtf:

Image
ImageImage
o/
User avatar
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:41 am
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby Brikguy0410 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:41 am

I have an account, but no steam credit, also I need to work out some bugs I have been having with it,(aka I can't log in because the capatcha or whatever is to hard) i can't download because 3 years ago my mom put these stupid parental controls on my computer, and to boot my mom is also extremely paranoid about me downloading stuff on the computer, because I went on a downloading spree a few years back, trying to get dawn of war, (that warhammer 40k rts) because my parents wouldent let me buy it, and the computer got a virus.but i do want to start using steam.
User avatar
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: In a pineapple under the sea

Re: BrikWars! Civilization 5 Server

Postby Vami IV » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:55 am

Brikguy0410 wrote:I have an account, but no steam credit, also I need to work out some bugs I have been having with it,(aka I can't log in because the capatcha or whatever is to hard) i can't download because 3 years ago my mom put these stupid parental controls on my computer, and to boot my mom is also extremely paranoid about me downloading stuff on the computer, because I went on a downloading spree a few years back, trying to get dawn of war, (that warhammer 40k rts) because my parents wouldent let me buy it, and the computer got a virus.but i do want to start using steam.

Dude, tip for you. i got Steam by installing a copy of Skyrim that my mom bought at Wallmart. It'll work for Civ, too.

Also, if you have those kind of parents, I feel for you. But I guess that's what living in New England will get you Damn yankees
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Image
User avatar
Vami IV
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests