Warhammer

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Re: Warhammer

Postby The Shadowscythe » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:38 am

DOOOOOOOOOOMRIDER!

NAANANANANANAAAAAA NANANA!!!!!

Back in the days when 40k was awesome, and space marines where half-eldar psyker-criminals and the Doctor would randomly show up mid-game. Basically it took the piss out of itself, rather than the grim-derpness of the far foocha that it is now.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Brikguy0410 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:37 pm

stubby wrote:I was trying to remember that guy's name for like an hour last night before I gave up and posted the noise marine instead.

Probably the most all known 40k character is guzkull tharka, the most powerful ork warboss in the galaxy! But such arguments about things with biomass are fruitless, after all, the Tyranids will probably eat it :D
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby Battlegrinder » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:32 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:Probably the most all known 40k character is guzkull tharka, the most powerful ork warboss in the galaxy! But such arguments about things with biomass are fruitless, after all, the Tyranids will probably eat it :D

Most well known ork, certainly (not that doing so is hard, given how many actually characters the orks have). Most well known character, hell no. I'd say the emperor would be the most well known, followed by the various primachs, chapter masters, and a few of the more notable Imperial Guardsmen.

Regarding the 'nids, that would require the storyline to advance. Which, given that GW seems to be in thrall to Nurgle, will never happen.

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Zahru II » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:guzkull tharka, the most powerful ork warboss in the galaxy

Dat's not how u spel Kaptin Bluddflagg ya git
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:28 pm

dilanski wrote:I like 40K, I just despise the average player, they just aren't my crowd. I wish I had of spent all the money on LEGO instead.

Quantumsurfer wrote:
dilanski wrote:I like 40K, I just despise the average player, they just aren't my crowd. I wish I had of spent all the money on LEGO instead.

Fucking Ditto. So fucking hard.

So it's a good thing I've never bought any models?

Battlegrinder wrote:He said he liked Ward. Of course it's sarcasm.

To be fair, Ward does make good crunch, he just sucks at actually describing the army in question.

The Shadowscythe wrote:Image

Naaah, 40k is all about this son of a bitch. Doomrider, he does cocaine. He's an awesome mother fucked.

Avatar of Rayhaw- Slaneesh, I mean Slaneesh.

...But his head is on a White Scar Trophy Pike...

...Constantly bugging them for Cocaine!
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:06 am

Space Marines wish they were this awesome.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Battlegrinder » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:04 pm

badagle wrote:
Battlegrinder wrote:He said he liked Ward. Of course it's sarcasm.

To be fair, Ward does make good crunch, he just sucks at actually describing the army in question.

-Grey Knights
-Necrons

You were saying?

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Brikguy0410 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:07 am

Zahru II wrote:
Brikguy0410 wrote:guzkull tharka, the most powerful ork warboss in the galaxy

Dat's not how u spel Kaptin Bluddflagg ya git

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ork ... ull-Thraka
Brikguy0410

Postby AZKAMAT » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:15 am

Can't really say much that hasn't already been said, aside from...

SKUB AHOY

Brikguy, Gee Dubs is LOVIN' you.

I got two boxes of guardsmen models for Saturnalia last year, and put 'em together. They'll make great army men for my kids someday.

If only the models were priced along their actual value, I might actually get into it. And if the rules didn't constantly beg to be exploited and broken (not in the brikwars way). If only Brikwars weren't so awesome and modular by comparison.

That's three "If's," 40K, you're out!
AZKAMAT
Hero

Postby Battlegrinder » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:35 pm

AZKAMAT wrote:
If only the models were priced along their actual value, I might actually get into it.

That's exactly why I've never been willing to get involved in the 40K tabletop, though I've considered doing some modeling and painting as a hobby. I'm most a fan of the video games and some of the novel series.

Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Nimja » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:21 am

The main point that I try to get across, when trying to convince people of why Brikwars is one of the best wargaming systems,is that it is the most balanced system, becuase everyone has access to exactly the same stuff, unlike W40K, where some armies are just better than others, because the codex writers cannot balance things properly.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Postby Brikguy0410 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:07 am

Battlegrinder wrote:
AZKAMAT wrote:
If only the models were priced along their actual value, I might actually get into it.

That's exactly why I've never been willing to get involved in the 40K tabletop, though I've considered doing some modeling and painting as a hobby. I'm most a fan of the video games and some of the novel series.

The prices are not unreasonable, do you have any idea how much it costs to make those kits? To pay salaries? There not a mega huge company like Lego, also, every army has its pros and cons, amd also, alit's just a matter of knowing what strategies work best for your army, and all the new units are heavily play tested before they are put up for sale.or maybe the reason is dice just really hate you, if that's the case I seggeust you give up wargaming as a whole. The reason war hammer has a bad rep is there are all these ignorant war gamers going around spreading rumors about how bad it is, kind of like cultists, he wait.. HERSEY BURN THE HERETICS, FOR THE EMPORER.
Last edited by Brikguy0410 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brikguy0410

Postby Maverick » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:14 am

Brikguy0410 wrote:
Battlegrinder wrote:
AZKAMAT wrote:

The prices are not unreasonable, do you have any idea how mush it costs to make those kits? To pay salaries? There not a mega huge company like Lego, also, every army has its pros and cons, amd also, alit's just a matter of knowing what strategies work best for your army, and all the new units are heavily play tested before they are put up for sale.or maybe the reason is dice just really hate you, if that's the case I seggeust you give up wargaming as a whole

Haven't they only got two people to pay?
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Postby Brikguy0410 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:15 am

Maverick wrote:
Brikguy0410 wrote:
Battlegrinder wrote:
AZKAMAT wrote:

The prices are not unreasonable, do you have any idea how mush it costs to make those kits? To pay salaries? There not a mega huge company like Lego, also, every army has its pros and cons, amd also, alit's just a matter of knowing what strategies work best for your army, and all the new units are heavily play tested before they are put up for sale.or maybe the reason is dice just really hate you, if that's the case I seggeust you give up wargaming as a whole

Haven't they only got two people to pay?

Try several hundred, possibly thousand
Brikguy0410

Postby Maverick » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:20 am

Brikguy0410 wrote:Try several hundred, possibly thousand

Their shit is still overpriced. 300 Krones for a plastic dude on a horse? I could get 20 Lego Danish soldiers for that.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games