Games with the spirit of Brikwars

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Games with the spirit of Brikwars

Postby DarkWolf » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:03 pm

I remembered this from when I was sneaking around the Frapper Forums, before these forums were created. Title says it all, name the games that you feel have the spirit of Brikwars.

I'm going to take all the fun out of it, and say that I believe that any game can have the spirit of Brikwars, if the community has the spirit. Causing random carnage, failing the mission on purpose just so you have something to laugh at, or coming up with snappy one-liners in the heat of sweet, sweet revenge.
(I only created this thread so I could post a rather amusing moment from Battlefield 2142 last night, on the map Highway Tampa. basically, the battle had just started, I was playing on the PAC (Russian) team, doing my heavy armor combat thing. Then, I get slagged by an EU (Brits and Americans) walker. I respawn, the guy spawn camps me. I spawn again, he camps me again. I spawn yet again, and so has a fellow clan member. The walker opens fire on my clan mate, and while it's distracted, I run up, throw on three RDX Demo Packs, run to the minimum safe distance, shout "AIDOUS, EH MU F**K-O!!!" (I was pissed at this point) and hit the detonator)
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Postby Moronstudios » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:20 pm

1000 blank white cards carries the random feel to it.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby Boomer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Yeah, most games can capture the feel of brikwars when you go in with the brikwars attitude...

Halo 3. King of the hill. I just want kill achievements. I get on a turret and use the hill as my bait for those sitting ducks... results were more hilarious then I thought they'd be.

Armored Core... tweaking the hell out of those mechs to pull weird crap for the sake of weird crap. Nothing says love more then a high flying, heavy armored bomber mech that does nothing but jump high and drop little bomblets.

Any RTS game where the mission parameters involve the word "Stomp". Ok, So I have unlimited forces against you 8 armies... kickass. It can go either way, win or lose, but the concert of carnage is gorgeous while you do it.

Cardgames... are anti-brikwars until you bring a lighter. :lol:
TROLOLO
Boomer
Hero

Postby Rody » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:41 pm

Well, during pe we played some sort of a cross between dodgeball and capure the flag, which was quite funny. I just ended up running towards the enemy base going RROAARRRR!! wile they attempted to hit me. it never came to my mind that the enemy flags(well cones really) were already taken.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Captain Nomouth » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:48 am

Well in Star Wars Battlefront II for PC someone made this map titled "Pepperland" I can't really describe how completely insane and chaotic it is. I'll just stick with the fact that everyone in the level can fly, some units have unlimited rapid fire homing missiles, Chuckles the Ewok throws trees, and when trees or missiles hit something they usually leave a rather large cartoony "POW!" instead of an explosion.
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
Captain Nomouth
Officer

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:09 pm

halo 3, with just about every freaking god skull on legendary, at my friends online with 2 people I don't really care about.
"Die Mo****er DIE!" was all I said, as alien hoardes snuggles my teammates corpse while I went psycho with the flamethrower, yeah... he said the skulls were on anyway, I still don't believe him.

Marvel Ultimate alliance, Deadpool, all alone, with spider-man, oh the happy lame onliners, yeah!

Warhammer 40K Game, everyone puts on everything they have (663 pts of nids, 800pts of space marines for me) and we all just try to slaughter eachother, no rules lawyering. just playing to the end. I had the only surviving model, a scout who's had to much to drink and a whole lot of bullets in his belly. can't remember howw big, something like 10000+ pts

and last but not least: School dodgeball, everyone else is all serious, but not me, I just yell out random things while throwing the balls "SPARTA!" "WAAAGH!" "Say hello to my little friend!"
btw, we got slaughtered, but it was fun.
Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby blackwing77 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:14 pm

We can't play dodge ball at my school due to everyone one year "aimed for the weak point".
TROLOLO
blackwing77
Officer

Postby Foggy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:07 pm

Armed and Dangerous: Lots of wierd guns, gunning, funny lines, and blowing up buildings.

Soldier of Fortune: One word. Blood.

Dead Rising: Amount of..."weapons"...available.

Crackdown: A great inspiration for Heroes.

Ultimate Showdown: Of Ultimate Destiny.

Kitten Cannon: Shut up and kill the kitty.

A joke to play on a close friend:*
Step one: Do the "Interrupting Cow" joke.
Step two: Do the "Interrupting Sloth" joke. (slowly poke the target)
XXXStep threeXXX
You: Knock knock
Him: Who's there?
You: Interrupting completely uncalled for.
Him: Interru-
SLAP HIM AS HARD AS YOU CAN AND RUN LIKE YOU STOLE SOMETHING!!

*WARNING: Side effects may include, and are not limited to, loss of friend, getting your ass jumped, beatings, sneezing, addiction to socks, the clamp, and even worse pranks played on you.
"We're not here for story time people, lets talk about all the sexy violence!"
-Yahtzee
TROLOLO
Foggy
Officer

Postby Carrnevil9 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:06 am

blackwing77 wrote:We can't play dodge ball at my school due to everyone one year "aimed for the weak point".

This begs the questions:
1.) were there giant enemy crabs?
2.) did hitting the weak point do massive damage?
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS
Carrnevil9
Officer

Postby Rody » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:37 am

blackwing77 wrote:We can't play dodge ball at my school due to everyone one year "aimed for the weak point".

that weak point better not be What I think it is...
no we don't hit that during dodgeball, we hit that during baseball :shock:
And because I always get to be the catcher and they naturally aim too low ...

anyways, Better not forget about Worms,
you can't beat their explosive granny...
or their supersheep, banana grenades, homing pidgeons, etc.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:01 am

Carrnevil9 wrote:

This begs the questions:

regardless, they hit Z or R to do a barrel roll
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby DarkWolf » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:13 am

Dodge ball at my school doesn't have many problems, aside from the fact that when one team gets reduced to one guy, everyone grabs as many balls as they can hold and volley fire at the poor SOB.

Floor hockey, now that's dangerous. I'm the goalie, and these bastards hit the puck at 50+ MPH. I've been hit in the groin, shins, gut, face (nearly lost my left eye) and pretty much walk away bruised whenever we play it.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Postby Carrnevil9 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:27 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Carrnevil9 wrote:

This begs the questions:

regardless, they hit Z or R to do a barrel roll

E3, 2006, Sony Press Conf.
The following, up to about 41 seconds, should make my point.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tCD95Fg3nGY&feature=related
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS
Carrnevil9
Officer

Postby blackwing77 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:37 pm

That's one historical game they got there.
TROLOLO
blackwing77
Officer

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:44 pm

really? i could have SWORN that starfox had the giant enemy crab thing...
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Next

Return to Lesser Games