Online games' stories

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Online games' stories

Postby pesgores » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:44 am

So I was playing Roblox that day. I choosed the Heli Wars in the Desert map and I played a lot of rounds. The best result I could achieve was:

1-I hopped into an helicopter and flew to the enemy rooftop.

2-I tried to stop the helicopter, but the brake button wasn't working! So I had to jump. A second later, the heli exploded in middair. I survived.

3-At the rooftop, I saw the enemy flag. Great!

4-I called one of my teammates to get me back and fly me to our base so I could score a capture.

5-He came immediately, I was under heavy fire. He said "Hop on" and then his helicopter exploded, shot by a rocket.

6-I then decided to grab the enemy jeep so I could come back to my base. At the exit, I had a bad feeling and I jumped off of the jeep. A second later, it exploded, victim of another rocket.

7-SO I had to do the 2 minute walk to my base, dodging incoming rockets and automatic fire bullets from my enemies. I reach the entrance! I'm almost there!

8-...A stupid asshole teamkills me.

CONCLUSION: Teamkillers are that annoying.

Have you got any stories to share?
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Re: Online games' stories

Postby ahp77 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:43 am

pesgores wrote:So I was playing Roblox that day. I choosed the Heli Wars in the Desert map and I played a lot of rounds. The best result I could achieve was:

2-I tried to stop the helicopter, but the brake button wasn't working! So I had to jump. A second later, the heli exploded in middair. I survived.

4-I called one of my teammates to get me back and fly me to our base so I could score a capture.

5-He came immediately, I was under heavy fire. He said "Hop on" and then his helicopter exploded, shot by a rocket.

6-I then decided to grab the enemy jeep so I could come back to my base. At the exit, I had a bad feeling and I jumped off of the jeep. A second later, it exploded, victim of another rocket.

7-SO I had to do the 2 minute walk to my base, dodging incoming rockets and automatic fire bullets from my enemies. I reach the entrance! I'm almost there!

I got 31 KOs/10 WOs on that map, only teamkilling when others that are on my team start shooting me. (HINT FTM: Rockets don't hit people, only the ground)
ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Re: Online games' stories

Postby pesgores » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:26 am

ahp77 wrote:
pesgores wrote:So I was playing Roblox that day. I choosed the Heli Wars in the Desert map and I played a lot of rounds. The best result I could achieve was:

I got 31 KOs/10 WOs on that map, only teamkilling when others that are on my team start shooting me. (HINT FTM: Rockets don't hit people, only the ground)

In the same map I hit almost 80 KOs/50 WOs the other day.

I do just the same as you do, untill I get inside an heli and get the hell outta there.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:47 am

I once scored a flag on that map by walking.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby pesgores » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:47 am

Moving to another games, I heard a story of a friend of mine that was plaing Metal Gear Online and then stripped a sticky grenade to an enemy's ass.

Ouch.
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby OneEye589 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:38 pm

Kind of an online experience, it was over LAN.

My friend and I were playing Halo 2, just us. Two TVs with two XBoxes because it's more fun that way if you can do it.

Earlier in the game I had taken a rocket launcher and locked on to a jeep that my friend was driving. This was at the very beginning. He dodged it and it exploded on the ground. We didn't lock on with any rockets after that.

About ten minutes later my friend is driving a jeep around the outside of the map, neither of us even had a rocket launcher on our bodies. I was about to snipe him and all of a sudden a rocket flew out of the sky and blew the jeep up.

Neither of us had rockets and we were the only ones playing. It was quite strange to just see a rocket come flying down out of the sky.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:18 pm

I have one about SW: Empire at War.

I was playing the online part, and i had teamed up with another random player to attack the empire on the "Endor Training Grounds" map. That map has 3 command points that can be captured. So, the other guy and me figured that he would go out, scout around, and alert me to enemy troops, while i would build up the base defenses, so i could bring in the heavy firepower.

So, he got out to about halfway across the map, and then he quit. Without capturing the command point or anything. I send out a couple of tanks to figure out what happened, and they run across a freaking army of imperial troops, three AT-ATs, enough tanks to take out a city of buildings, and he bombed my tanks that engaged him. Plus he had Darth Vader. So i retreated and attempted to build up my troops, but once he got the AT-STs though the shield, all he had to do was wipe up my troops.

Needlessly to say, i lost badly.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Shaeph » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:27 pm

I love the space battles in that game
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin
Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Postby pesgores » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:31 pm

I hate the unit limit in that game.
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Yeah, really. It could look so cool if you could get all your troops on the board.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby ahp77 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:18 pm

AmmoMan wrote:Yeah, really. It could look so cool if you could get all your troops on the board.

Imagine the lag though.
ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:05 pm

True. But, if you had a cool enough computer, it would awesome.

I guess that's there to make the battles "fair". Pah. My troopers know nothing of this thing called "Fair"!
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Shaeph » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:11 pm

I really don't see how you can like the land battles when there is space to battle in.

This is the only game i've ever seen that allows you to target individual parts like: different guns, shield genorators, and hangers.

Seriously thats the only reason I bought the game
(besides it being starwars, which i love.)
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin
Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:18 pm

I wanted to get this game a while ago, but never got around to it.

From your guy's reviews, would you say I should go ahead and get it or not?
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:31 pm

Get it. The tactics are worth it, along with the troops.

The viewing system is cool too, it gives you an angle on the battle where it looks like a movie.

All in all, it is a good SW game.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Next

Return to Lesser Games