Any Pokemon fans here?

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Postby OneEye589 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:07 pm

I didn't recognize ANY of the Pokemon names either of you said. That means they suck and you need to play only with the first 251 Pokemon.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:29 pm

I felt really good about having at least one pokemon from all four generations in my standard party, as well as at least one of every attack (except normal might have gotten left out).

Also, Fighting and Ice are two awesome types when it comes to offense. Defensively they're kindof meh, but a lot of pokemon of different, better types can learn these type of moves anyways (like psychic, dear christ is that a good typing).
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby MasterEcabob » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:49 pm

I do agree that the first 251 are way better than the others (Mew>>>>>>>>Arceus), we were talking about dragons and the first two generations only have Kingdra and the Dragonite line, while the later games have a a good seven or eight different dragons.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:03 pm

dude, i had both the games AND the cards. those were better days...... and yes generation 3 SUCKED i only used to play red
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

Postby MasterEcabob » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:33 pm

So is anyone planning on getting Platinum on Sunday?
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:17 pm

MasterEcabob wrote:So is anyone planning on getting Platinum on Sunday?

Wait it's THIS sunday? huh. I'll grab it next week or so.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby stubby » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Why is this topic dead? Everybody started playing Platinum and stopped posting for like a year. Well enough of that. It's time to stop playing that and start watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brk7UH3R5u8
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Lordofdragonss » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:24 am

WTF, why I didn't saw this thread earlier?! Thanks for bumping it Stubby!

I still do love Pokemon. And I'm playing B/W currently, and I must say I am impressed. Animated sprites, the amazing world graphics (as for Pokemon game) and great generation of Pokemon at all. I can't find a bad Pokemon in this gen, even the Icecream one is very creative idea.
My Favorites of newest gen?
ImageImage
Image Image
Image I DEMAND SOULS! (Click to give soul)
Lordofdragonss
Officer

Postby Rody » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:36 am

stubby wrote:Why is this topic dead? Everybody started playing Platinum and stopped posting for like a year. Well enough of that. It's time to stop playing that and start watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brk7UH3R5u8

wait... I didn't notice a threads existence for more than a year? daamn...
In any case, I never actually played a pokemon game beyond RBY.
but I still play that game every now and then just so I can have the satisfaction of catching them all. (damned tauros only being in the fucking safari zone...)
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Lizzrd » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:09 am

None of the newer games can really match the first, second and to an extent the third gen...
It's sort of sad to see that they aren't really coming with any new things, just making more games with the same old formula.

I'm telling ya, if they made a pokemon game with the complexity of dwarf fortress but still very newbie friendly, they could make loads of cash.
TROLOLO
Lizzrd
Champion

Postby stubby » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Nah, the trick is that none of the games can make you eight years old again if you're not eight years old anymore.

For most business models, your best return on investment is to gather a customer base and design your products to keep them coming back. You can keep ten old customers for the same effort as grabbing one new one.

In kids' markets though, it's the opposite. If you've got a formula that works for eight-year-olds, you only get diminishing returns if you try to update your design to keep satisfying the existing customer base as they get older. Maximum return comes from keeping the existing design and targeting the next generations of eight-year-olds. I've read the marketing reports, the numbers don't even compare.

(Which is not to say that I wouldn't LOVE pokefortress. I would love it the way that guy in the video above loves it.)
stubby

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:04 pm

stubby wrote:Nah, the trick is that none of the games can make you eight years old again if you're not eight years old anymore.

For most business models, your best return on investment is to gather a customer base and design your products to keep them coming back. You can keep ten old customers for the same effort as grabbing one new one.

In kids' markets though, it's the opposite. If you've got a formula that works for eight-year-olds, you only get diminishing returns if you try to update your design to keep satisfying the existing customer base as they get older. Maximum return comes from keeping the existing design and targeting the next generations of eight-year-olds. I've read the marketing reports, the numbers don't even compare.

(Which is not to say that I wouldn't LOVE pokefortress. I would love it the way that guy in the video above loves it.)

And that kids, is reason they bring out the lego City theme again every year.
Really think about it lego uses allot of those tactics.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby naussica » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 pm

I love these games. I grew up with the Johto games. Got them both. Man, those were good times.
naussica
Jaw-Jaw

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:15 pm

Your link doesn't work anymore Stubby.

I bought Crystal and Gold over the summer. Been working on Crystal, but trying to catch all of the Pokemon as I come to them. I've never done it that way before, just usually went back and tried to catch them all after I finished the game. It takes forever this way and it's really hard.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:15 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Your link doesn't work anymore Stubby.

What!!! That is a god damned crime. It's mirrored on break.com, catch it before they take it down: http://www.break.com/game-trailers/game ... es-pokemon
stubby

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games