Warhammer Rules?

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Foggy
Officer

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:15 pm

G2: Yeah, then it would be good.
So long as every little thing you have is represented as closely to its counterpart as it can.
That and everybody knows what everything is.

If its WHFB, that should be easy.
If its WH40k, eeehhhh I wouldn't try it.
"We're not here for story time people, lets talk about all the sexy violence!"
-Yahtzee

G2
Nice

Post by G2 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:19 am

Foggy wrote:So long as every little thing you have is represented as closely to its counterpart as it can.
That and everybody knows what everything is.
I am certainly going to work on creating Lego versions of as many Warhammer Fantasy items as I can. I will start with the Empire, then maybe the Dwarves and then from there....I am not sure.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:49 am

I don't know how any one can play warhammer have you see how much it costs man its not cheap very cool but not cheap.
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Foggy
Officer

Post by Foggy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:08 pm

james+burgundy wrote:I don't know how any one can play warhammer have you see how much it costs man its not cheap very cool but not cheap.
Warhammer Players.
Having more expendable income than you since 1971.
"We're not here for story time people, lets talk about all the sexy violence!"
-Yahtzee

ninkybob
Champion
Champion

Post by ninkybob » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:30 pm

Or maybe I just don't spend as much on Legos as you guys. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just that I don't.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:59 pm

hey i need a money source other then not $10 a month it just does not cut it.
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:00 pm

one time i made scenery out of lego and played warhamer on it.
it turned out prety well

G2
Nice

Post by G2 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:52 pm

piltogg wrote:one time i made scenery out of lego and played warhamer on it.
it turned out prety well
Did you use 28mm metal figures, or did you use Lego minifigs?

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Post by feuer_faust » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:01 pm

Warhammer's expensive. So is lego, to be honest. Prettymuch any given hobby is expensive... the real difference is if it's expensive immeadiately but you stop buying things eventually... or if it's expensive in the long. Warhammer could be the first, lego the latter. If you only have $10 bucks a month in free income, time to make more money or do something else. I rarely buy minis stuff myself (say once a month or so).

At any rate, I enjoy Dawn of War and the tabletop about the same, and I have to say giving Dawn of War to the masses really brought a ton of new blood into the game. Mark of Chaos... less so, and even though it's a good game, it really lacks the "pop" of DoW. I'm biased against the huge spurge of Whatever-Clix (Mage Knight Dungeons ftw tho), but I don't see how it can hurt their franchise.

Welllp, there's my semi-indignant semi-defensive post. :)

----------------

EDIT: Aha, to the original topic! I've used entirely lego armies for a small skirmish once. It works fine as consistency in models is more important than the distances between them.

Joetrillion
Officer

Post by Joetrillion » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:06 pm

Ill try a game of warhammer with lego when i get battle of maccrage.(even though I've got the rule's in pdf format and the space marine codex).

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:01 am

I think allot in warhammer is unbalanced like the set you buy: when you spend €13 on space marines you get about 5-7 miniatures but when you spend €13 on tyranids you get about 10 miniatures this is because a space marines is way stronger then a tyranid so they cost more. This causes that allot of people go with tyranids and stuff so that they can get a big army with little money. And you spend €2 on a little bit of paint, It's nice paint still but very little amount. at the market you can get the same paint in the same colors In a 1 litre bucket for €2. but have to say that those miniatures do look really cool.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:17 pm

Yeah but playing tyranids is like whatching some sort of first word war charge agains a German machine gun emplacement,.. cheap yes,... Soft too,,... ahhh can't bear to look. just play space hulk and count the dead.

And the crew that I used to know went from "armies" to playing insanely tought gropups of 3-4 heros with expensive races like the eldar,...

Too many rules if ya ask me,...

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:25 pm

FUN FACT: The tyranid were modeled after the Bugs from Starship Troopers (novel, not movie). Starcraft modeled their Zerg species after the tyranid. Starcraft became so popular that the warhammer makers decided to model their next generation of tyranid to have Zerg influences. and now starcraft 2 is coming out...

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:42 pm

IVhorseman wrote:FUN FACT: Starship Troopers (novel,
I played the board game by Avalon Hill.

A5runner
God of BrikWars

Post by A5runner » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:43 am

Hey guys! The second I found out someone had created a game based on lego I started thinking how much better it would be than Warhammer 40k. I love the miniatures and the theme but you need some serious money, time, talent and more money. Also if you get bored of your army... well your stuck.

If you played based on a space marine army there are enough rules to build anything you could want; troops, heavy troops, fast movers like bikes, tanks, walkers, leaders. Also be the best part with marines is you don't a 100s minis.

A slender set of rules would rule! But in all fairness i should at least skim through the bricwars guide again. :)

By the way great forum :D