Killzone 2

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Killzone 2

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:21 pm

For you non-Europeans who don't know, you can download the Killzone 2 demo by creating a Playstation Network account set to a European country, and then accessing the Playstation Store with said account.

I just finished playing the Killzone 2 demo which is, unfortunately, very short (about 10 minutes of playing). Despite being so short, it was still jam-packed full of Helghast shooting, grenade cooking, and pretty visuals (not to mention the rediculous explosions) that all left me wanting more.
I hope the next 10 days go by quickly.
Image
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
User avatar
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Brodmann area 17

Re: Killzone 2

Postby pesgores » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:15 am

Bonn-o-Tron wrote:For you non-Europeans who don't know, you can download the Killzone 2 demo by creating a Playstation Network account set to a European country, and then accessing the Playstation Store with said account.



Why the explanation? I visited the PS Store the day the demo came out and I could download it with no problems.

(maybe you're explaining to those who don't have a PSN account)
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
Image
User avatar
pesgores
The Dear Leader
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 am
Location: Looking for baseplates

Re: Killzone 2

Postby ahp77 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:22 am

pesgores wrote:
Bonn-o-Tron wrote:For you non-Europeans who don't know, you can download the Killzone 2 demo by creating a Playstation Network account set to a European country, and then accessing the Playstation Store with said account.



Why the explanation? I visited the PS Store the day the demo came out and I could download it with no problems.

(maybe you're explaining to those who don't have a PSN account)


You live in Europe, yes?
User avatar
ahp77
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:29 pm

Re: Killzone 2

Postby pesgores » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:24 am

ahp77 wrote:
pesgores wrote:
Bonn-o-Tron wrote:For you non-Europeans who don't know, you can download the Killzone 2 demo by creating a Playstation Network account set to a European country, and then accessing the Playstation Store with said account.



Why the explanation? I visited the PS Store the day the demo came out and I could download it with no problems.

(maybe you're explaining to those who don't have a PSN account)


You live in Europe, yes?


Yes.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
Image
User avatar
pesgores
The Dear Leader
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 am
Location: Looking for baseplates

Re: Killzone 2

Postby ahp77 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:45 am

pesgores wrote:
ahp77 wrote:
pesgores wrote:
Bonn-o-Tron wrote:For you non-Europeans who don't know, you can download the Killzone 2 demo by creating a Playstation Network account set to a European country, and then accessing the Playstation Store with said account.



Why the explanation? I visited the PS Store the day the demo came out and I could download it with no problems.

(maybe you're explaining to those who don't have a PSN account)


You live in Europe, yes?


Yes.


For you non-Europeans who don't know...creating a Playstation Network account set to a European country.
User avatar
ahp77
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:29 pm

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:06 pm

I'm not gonna cheat on Lady Guerrilla, so I won't be downloading.

But hot fucking damn am I pumped for this game. I just hope that the sound design is as good as or better than the first game. That and the color scheme for the levels I think was what really solidified that game as terrifying as war can be (or could be for 2003).
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6506
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: Killzone 2

Postby pesgores » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:36 pm

ahp77 wrote:
pesgores wrote:
ahp77 wrote:
pesgores wrote:
Bonn-o-Tron wrote:For you non-Europeans who don't know, you can download the Killzone 2 demo by creating a Playstation Network account set to a European country, and then accessing the Playstation Store with said account.



Why the explanation? I visited the PS Store the day the demo came out and I could download it with no problems.

(maybe you're explaining to those who don't have a PSN account)


You live in Europe, yes?


Yes.


For you non-Europeans who don't know...creating a Playstation Network account set to a European country.


Oh, I read the sentence too fast. :?
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
Image
User avatar
pesgores
The Dear Leader
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 am
Location: Looking for baseplates

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:39 pm

I found this awesome review of it.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6506
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:44 pm

It looks like it is gonna be a really good game.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:34 pm

Did you know "Guerilla" is A Dutch company. They are stationed in Amsterdam, It's a 5 minute bike ride away from me :D I can look through the windows there.

PS: I'm so going to buy this game I played the demo about 23 times already.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1758
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:29 am

So uh, I was going to post here excitedly around noon today telling everyone that I bought Killzone 2, played the first level, and was astounded. Instead, I accidentally played the entire campaign and beat it the day it was released.

Holy christ that is a good game.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6506
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:17 am

God dammit!
I have work all weekend...
Image
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
User avatar
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Brodmann area 17

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:37 pm

I bought it to but I'm playing it on veteran (hard mode).
I could play the first level on trooper with out dieing but when I played it on veteran I died 14 times!!!!
Possible little spoiler: I'm now stuck at the part where you try to take down visari and have to fight his men in a big hall with a statue in the middle I think it's on 57% of the game but do you guys have any tips for that part I keep dieing over and over again.

Also post your fastest time to kill a heavy if you don't know what your time is you can look it up at the statistics section. My best time is 38 sec.

it sure is one hell of an amazing game! :]
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1758
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:12 pm

crazyhorse, just keep plowing through guys over and over again. after a certain amount of kills, parts of the level will open up and you'll eventually get through. takes forever though.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6506
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:13 pm

I finally got it. IV already said it best, so I'll just quote him.

IVhorseman wrote:Holy christ that is a good game.
Image
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
User avatar
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Brodmann area 17

Next

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron