Olothontor! To War!

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Postby Bleep » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:04 pm

IVhorseman wrote:not if you're bending space-time.


Which is theoretically possible, but highly improbable. We don't have moon colonies yet, let alone space time warping devices.
TROLOLO
Bleep
Champion
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:30 pm

Postby Rody » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:44 pm

so what, the theory is there, now all we need is a practical means to test that theory.

besides moon colonies are unrelated, it is like saying that we couldn't have had machineguns in the dark ages because the paperclip wasn't invented yet.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
User avatar
Rody
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Below sea-level

Postby Bleep » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:10 pm

Actually, a moon colony is necessary before space time warping devices, simply because we can warp, we also need the ability to make colonies where we end up.

Paper clips and machine guns are unrelated though.
TROLOLO
Bleep
Champion
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:30 pm

Postby Rody » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:37 pm

no no, the colonies would be necessary to have any practical use of spacetime warping.


the warping itself does not need any colonies whatsoever.
besides we can already make moon colonies, it is just too expens en not all that practical yet to do so. and we can't make permanent ones yet.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
User avatar
Rody
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Below sea-level

Postby Bleep » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:54 pm

Rody wrote:no no, the colonies would be necessary to have any practical use of spacetime warping.


the warping itself does not need any colonies whatsoever.
besides we can already make moon colonies, it is just too expensive, and not all that practical yet to do so, and we can't make permanent ones yet.


Moon colonies need to be practical and permanent, otherwise they are merely outposts.
TROLOLO
Bleep
Champion
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:30 pm

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:06 pm

what practicality could a moonbase serve? other than "LOLZ OVERPOPULATION OF EARTH", i don't really see any reason as to why any government would spend the amount of money it would take to get a moon base.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6561
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Almighty Benny » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:23 pm

The Earth's supply of natural cheese is running thin, we will soon need to send expeditions to the moon to harvest more. This is where permanent moon-cheese mining colonies come in.
Image
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
User avatar
Almighty Benny
Galidor
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:40 pm
Location: Connecticut

Postby Tzan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:08 pm

A moonbase serves as a practice base for sending bases to other planets.

We would be able to accidently kill many more moonbasites faster on our moon, than having to send them to other planets first, because out moon is closer.
User avatar
Tzan
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5046
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Postby Carrnevil9 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:28 am

Practicality of a moon base-
Pros
-No weather issues
-No birds to crash through
-lower gravity, more efficient launching center
-If the cloudbursts thunder in your ear, you shout and no one seems to hear, and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, Pink Floyd will see you on the dark side of the moon

Cons
-Not many resources other than rocks and dust
-Atmosphere contains less traces of breathable gases than would be considered useful in an emergency
-Zombies do not need oxygen to survive, therefore the moon may be a zombie rich environment where it is not superheated or freezing: I.E. Moon Base environs.

It is my feelings that zombies in low gravity may be the scariest thing I have ever heard of. Therefore I feel the moon base should be stopped before it is given the chance to begin.
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS
User avatar
Carrnevil9
Officer
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Scene 24

Postby Boomer » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:13 am

Carrnevil9 wrote:Practicality of a moon base-
Pros
-No weather issues
-No birds to crash through
-lower gravity, more efficient launching center
-If the cloudbursts thunder in your ear, you shout and no one seems to hear, and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, Pink Floyd will see you on the dark side of the moon

Cons
-Not many resources other than rocks and dust
-Atmosphere contains less traces of breathable gases than would be considered useful in an emergency
-Zombies do not need oxygen to survive, therefore the moon may be a zombie rich environment where it is not superheated or freezing: I.E. Moon Base environs.

It is my feelings that zombies in low gravity may be the scariest thing I have ever heard of. Therefore I feel the moon base should be stopped before it is given the chance to begin.


All space marine pulse rifles will be loaded with shrapnel burst rounds and have an underslung incinerator unit. That's like having a full auto shotgun with a flamethrower hooked on like Bonn-o-Tron. You'd only need one space marine to heroically defeat all the zombies in that case, and we will be sure to dispatch a squad of eight.
TROLOLO
Boomer
Hero
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:50 am

Postby Rayhawk » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:47 am

I raised these points with my co-worker and he has the following commentary.

Duane wrote:[09:42] Duane: pussy talk
[09:42] Duane: if you want to rassle the cosmos
[09:42] Duane: you've gotta be willing to throw down with zombies

Also:
[09:42] Duane: space is fucking metal


However I'd like to point out that flamethrowers won't be much use in an oxygen-free environment.
User avatar
Rayhawk
Overlord
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: BrikWars HQ, USA

Postby Tzan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:57 am

I was trying to come up with a response to Duane's comments, but I'm just stunned. :)
User avatar
Tzan
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5046
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Postby Rody » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:07 pm

wouldn't the shitload of microcomets kill any zombie that stands outside for too long (especially on the "dark" side, the side that always faces away from the earth)

also the moon doesn't have a side that is permanently dark, just a side that permanently faces the earth.

and bleep moonbases do not necesarily need to be permanent, they just need to work long enough to justify the investment.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
User avatar
Rody
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Below sea-level

Postby Boomer » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:39 pm

Rayhawk wrote:I raised these points with my co-worker and he has the following commentary.

Duane wrote:[09:42] Duane: pussy talk
[09:42] Duane: if you want to rassle the cosmos
[09:42] Duane: you've gotta be willing to throw down with zombies

Also:
[09:42] Duane: space is fucking metal


However I'd like to point out that flamethrowers won't be much use in an oxygen-free environment.


The fuel for incinerator units carries its own oxygen. They will burn anything, anywhere, unless its a fire suppressant atmosphere.
TROLOLO
Boomer
Hero
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:50 am

Postby Boomer » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Rody wrote:wouldn't the shitload of microcomets kill any zombie that stands outside for too long (especially on the "dark" side, the side that always faces away from the earth)

also the moon doesn't have a side that is permanently dark, just a side that permanently faces the earth.

and bleep moonbases do not necesarily need to be permanent, they just need to work long enough to justify the investment.


Nah, micrometeorites aren't that big of a deal. Easy to shield against, not many of them, and a zombie would be practically immune. Biggest thing to stop a zombie may be a switch from direct sunlight to shadow, or vice versa. The shock could destroy it, breaking it in some way like being suddenly struck by a flame thrower or liquid nitrogen, or one then the other very fast. But this is unlikely to be a huge problem for the zombie unless you are lucky, for the same reasons it is unlikely to be a problem for you unless you are unlucky.
TROLOLO
Boomer
Hero
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Quadruple.Digits and 1 guest