Nomopoly

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:22 pm

[Oop. I meant Giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Sorry.]

Wearing: A wig.

Modification: Dead and new players, in absence of a GO to respawn on, will create a GO space to land on in the former position of the last GO space.

I will respawn there and advance forward with my dice roll.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby kiemaster » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:09 am

[mean vertical lines (e.g., 2,7,12, etc.) this one]
kiemaster
Dimmy

Postby Rody » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:15 pm

as I believe GO will be reconstructed before my turn is up, I'm just gonna repost my last orders with minor changes, because I'm lazy like that.

Rody is wearing a bee costume, made out of random stuff.

He proposes that a rock band shows up, as they are touring around the board they need someone to drive their bus. this may be done by any Roadie. driving a bus doubles your movement, and also allows you to ram other players for an amount of damage equal to your speed. You cannot eat or hump other players while on the bus, unless they are on the same bus.

If possible he gets on the bus and tries to ram as much people as possible, while making some people explode. Otherwise he will simply try to eat the nearest brain, and then blow it up afterwards.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby stubby » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Stay Puft lays waste for Valentine's Day. He rolls a +5 and moves forward to square 7, where he defeats a creature and noms the space.

On Monday, he rolls a -6 and returns to square 1, "Happy Faces," owned by Kiemaster. He defeats a happy face and noms the square, along with $10. He has now eaten the entire neighborhood of Cupcake Valley.

On Tuesday, he rolls a 5 and moves forward to square 6, owned by booty bothered. He defeats a creature and noms square 6, along with booty bothered who is sitting in the square.

wingman wrote:
Tzan wrote:Tzan moves back one space, to space 20, He shouts "DIBS ON THE MONEY IN SQUARE 20" and collects a kraP ton of money. He now has $437.

Wingman is wearing: Tzan's mom as a hat.

Proposing: At the beginning of every turn, the bearer of the NecroNOMicon collects all the money in the Tzan's Treasure square, including any that's carried by a player in that square, as Mayor McCheese intended.

Approved as rule 101. I'm surprised Tzan didn't use his lue-powers to stop this one. Wingman attempts to be born once again, but there is still no GO space for his token to be born into.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Tzan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:19 pm

[ I wonder what "the beginning of every turn" means? ]

[ The thought had occurred to me. I wonder how much more booty bothered that would have caused :)

This game seems to have become a KingOfTheHill variant. Every konflict is instant death, or instant money drain.

The reason I put a $10 tax on GO was because too many people made one rule then couldnt be bothered to play anymore. So at $10 it was a gentle prodding to get in the game. Then due to mass marshmallow insta-death it resulted in a pile of money.

Directed at the general public:
A good game rule allows people to see a situation and make decisions about how to play. A rule that just insta-kills you, allows no decision making and is just boring. "Oh look I'm dead again, there was no way to prevent it, it was just random, no tension as it crept up on you, just boring." ]

Wearing: a Green hazard bandanna

Rule
Mayor McCheese realizes that not enough research is happening so he changes rule number 92.
Players are no longer taxed $10, they are taxed 80% of their money.
The money moves to Tzan's Treasure as normal.
The player's cash total cannot be taxed below $5.

Move forward
Heal a nom on victory
don't buy space
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Tzan wrote:This game seems to have become a KingOfTheHill variant. Every konflict is instant death, or instant money drain.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised you guys have let that continue for so long. It's one of the first things I would have proposed to modify, if I were a player instead of adminning.

Tzan wrote:Directed at the general public:
A good game rule allows people to see a situation and make decisions about how to play. A rule that just insta-kills you, allows no decision making and is just boring. "Oh look I'm dead again, there was no way to prevent it, it was just random, no tension as it crept up on you, just boring."

Why are you handing this out as advice instead of making game mechanics to encourage, reward, or enforce it? You're taking all the time to identify something you don't like, and then forgetting that the whole point of the game is that you're the one with the power to change it.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Tzan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:23 am

[I think some of us were trying to let people have their stupid rules and we would work around them, rather than directly or even indirectly negate them. But it seems that Stupid Rule is Stupid. ]

[ I may try the "rubbing their noses in it" first so it becomes incredibly obvious that it doesn't work, (which of course doesn't work). I guess I wouldnt make a very good high school teacher :) ]
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby OneEye589 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 am

[I've just been trying to find loopholes around the horrible rules.]
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Rody » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:44 am

[zombies don't die (anymore) damnit]
Rody is wearing a bee costume, made out of random stuff.

He proposes that a rock band shows up, but somehow they magically appear next to zombie roadie rody (I believe that is inside stay puft's stomach).
as they are touring around the board they need someone to drive their bus. this may be done by any Roadie.
driving a bus doubles your movement, and also allows you to ram other players for an amount of damage equal to your speed. You cannot eat or hump other players while on the bus, unless they are on the same bus.

If possible he will try to get in the bus and, using a combination of a lot of pyrotechnics and dangerous bus driving, will try to break out of stay puft's insides.
Otherwise he will simply try to eat the nearest brain, and then blow it up afterwards.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Warhead » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Warhead is wearing someone else's facial hair that he stole.

Warhead is Proposing: Food for Thought - Basically every time someone posts and uses [these] they generate Food for Thought. One item of Food is created and randomly placed on the board. These items of Food can be randomly beneficial or could be a food creature waiting to attack. Players that end their move on a tile with an item of Food on it get to find out. The beneficial aspect of the Food is also randomly rolled for.

Warhead moves unpredictably and will do everything a player is allowed to do in a turn without causing himself harm. (The coward).

Warhead has no fear of Blitzen reprisal, as it is a known fact that Warhead repels all things Blitzen. If she were here she would tell you so herself.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:35 pm

[Rule 51: Bracketed Text. Any text in a post by any poster that is in square brackets is not part of their turn or gameplay and is considered OOC (Out-of-context).]
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby OneEye589 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Wearing a tutu.

Rule: If a Poster makes a post in the thread that does not propose a new rule or is not in brackets, all rule proposals by them that have not been Approved or Nullified are automatically Nullified. The Poster's respective Player must also put half of their money on Tzan's treasure.

Orders: Stay put.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:15 am

OneEye589 wrote:[Rule 51: Bracketed Text. Any text in a post by any poster that is in square brackets is not part of their turn or gameplay and is considered OOC (Out-of-context).]

[Yeah, I read that and this new proposed rule would still apply even so. What's your point? That you can sometimes be the exact opposite of J+B, a reverse wank?]

7. Modification Scope. A proposed Modification can be large or small, altering as much or as little of the rules, materials, and status of the game as a player wishes, so long as it includes at least one substantive alteration (as decided by the Admin). The Modification can add, remove, change, or clarify any part or parts of the game.

[Fuckin' Get on that!!!]
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:03 am

[Oh, yea. I forget sometimes that you can change an existing rule. I was just trying to help, you don't have to be a jerk about it.]
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby kiemaster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:15 am

kiemaster is wearing:a pink flower
kiemaster proposes the rule:The kiemaster piece has the ability "I Like Trains" if the forum member kiemaster posts "I Like Trains" on the brikwars forum nomopoly this creates a train in the space were the piece kiemaster is.

kiemaster will:move forward possibly explode
kiemaster
Dimmy

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games