Commodore 64

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:05 pm

I've always wanted a Commodore 64. It can sit next to my 1995 Compaq Presario, and kidko's insanely old laptop (nearly green-screen).

...Anyone selling theirs? I thought I might ask, just in case....
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:54 pm

100 C64 Games in 10 Minutes

Man that's a blast from the past. I'm ashamed to admit that it was several minutes into the video before I started seeing examples that I didn't remember playing completely to death back in the day.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:01 pm

Oh nice!

Barbarian was in there at about 7 min.
Not a great game, but you did get to cut a guys head off for the first time in a game.

The real game wasnt trying to cut the head off though. When you did cut it, it would bounce on the ground a random number of times,making a sound even if it bounced off screen. So we would see how many times we could make the head bounce. I don't exactly recall the max bounces, maybe 7.

I liked games where you could make up your own objectives like that.

Like Blue Max that WWI biplane game. I would get max altitude then just glide (which slowly lowers your altitude) and see how much I could kill before crashing.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:17 pm

Tzan wrote:I liked games where you could make up your own objectives like that.
i distinctly remember super mario 64, where i would pretend that mario had a job as a mailman. some levels had boxes that would be destroyed upon taking any damage, and you could carry very slowly. i would attempt to carry them from the beginning of levels and "deliver" the "package" to the boss, who i usually decided was angry that i was late or something, and had to "subdue a disgruntled customer".

being eight years old kicked so much ass.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:20 am

at similar low ages you could step into a cardboard box and pretend it was a fighter plane,

aah how many targets I destroyed in those times, good times, good times
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:27 am

IVhorseman wrote:
Tzan wrote:I liked games where you could make up your own objectives like that.
i distinctly remember super mario 64, where i would pretend that mario had a job as a mailman. some levels had boxes that would be destroyed upon taking any damage, and you could carry very slowly. i would attempt to carry them from the beginning of levels and "deliver" the "package" to the boss, who i usually decided was angry that i was late or something, and had to "subdue a disgruntled customer".

being eight years old kicked so much ass.
Wow. That's awesome.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:34 am

In Grand Theft Auto I would drive around for a while, obeying all traffic laws like a good citizen, but when someone would piss me off even in the slightest, (like honking their horn or talking to me on the street), I would hunt them down like an assassin, even if I had to follow them half way across the map. Once they were dead, it was time to pick another target.

An even more fun "minigame" was to get as many stars as possible and see how long you could survive. Simple as that, once you die or get busted, you pass the controller to your friend.

Now that I think of it, my favorite was to get in a helicopter and put the camera on "cinematic mode" and then fly around in random directions until you crash. It looks awesome and it's really hard to control. Also, the PS2 wasn't able to load some objects in the game fast enough, so you'd end up exploding in mid air just before a telephone pole appeared.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:56 am

Almighty Benny wrote: An even more fun "minigame" was to get as many stars as possible and see how long you could survive. Simple as that, once you die or get busted, you pass the controller to your friend.
Yeah I did that too. After a while I got so good I couldnt be killed. Capture a tank blow stuff up, lose it get another.

So I tried something harder. Get killed, reappear at a hospital with no weapons, then punch people, get police attention, punch them, get their guns and police cars. See how far you get with just captured weapons.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:53 pm

remarkably far actually, as you get more stars they will send in more and better vehicles for you to use, and bring in guys with increasingly better weapons..
now isn't the GTA police/military force thoughtfull or what
but then they ruin it by using YOUR weapons and vehicles to try and kill you.
how dare they? they must be punished.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:26 pm

please. the standard "survival" aspect of GTA is overdone and overplayed.

instead, i went the more assassin route. flying a fighter jet through the streets of san fierro at top speed, and actually surviving? better, but still only minimal. i think the best part of that game was the sandbox responses of people in their cars in different situations. people drive around with guys standing in the freeway like it's no big deal. punch a single car, and they all slam the gas in panic.

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:32 pm

They slam the <i>gas</i>? I don't know about you, but I don't think these people are allowed to have drivers licenses.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:06 am

yes, those gta guys are insane, as soon as you fire a single bullet they go nuts and drive around like idiots(maybe they think I'm cool and try to follow my example)