Zombie Apocalypse: Eight Days Later

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Zombie Apocalypse: Eight Days Later

Postby Sloopofwar » Mon May 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Well, seeing all the interest in the Zombie Plan thread, I figured it would be pretty cool to do a sort of RPG for it. However, that doesn't mean go all statty on me, this game is for fun, nothing more.

Situation

Eight days ago the long awaited and long expected Zombie outbreak occurred in southern France. Within a day of the first sighting half of the French people were infected and massive Zombie hordes were spreading throughout Europe. If that weren't bad enough infected people had managed to infect the Paris International Airport, and smaller outbreaks occurred in almost every major city in the world. Within two days almost all of southern and eastern France and parts of Germany, Belgium, Italy, and Switzerland had become desolate regions where roving bands of zombies hunted down what few had survived the first infection. Three days ago all uninfected civilians were evacuated to the UK, and the French, British and Belgian armies waged a massive campaign to keep the Zs at bay. They were brought down by sheer numbers, the shattered remnants of the army falling back in what the press called a second Dunkirk. Early in the morning one day ago several thousand Zombies traveled through the Chunnel across to the UK. They established the beachhead and now the fighting is occurring in the fringes of London. Your party starts in a bombed out building near the river. You have plenty of options. You could either use this building as a fort for when the Zombies break through, you could board the Empress, a cruise ship packed full of refugees heading for the US, you could flee out of the city, or {insert your idea here}

Joining
I will have at most five people playing at a time. Those who wish to play after the five are filled will be put on a waiting list. When a player dies the next person on the list can join after one (in game no matter how long that may be in real time) day. When joining you need to choose what "class" you are. Classes just determine what stuff you start with and some minor other things (like bonuses in combat and such). The classes you can choose from change with time as certain events occur.

Winning and Losing

A group wins through one of three ways. (1) Surviving for 365 (In Game) Days. (2) Killing all zombies in a certain area and establishing a "Safe Zone" that is self-sufficient and can hold at least 1000 people. (3) Killing all zombies period. You lose if all members of your party are infected or dead.

Current Class Choices:
Civilian
Belongings: Pen Knife, Belt, Backpack (empty other than clothing), credit card (10,000 dollar limit)
Vehicle: Bley sedan, quite attractive....not.
Info: One of the many civilians affected by the conflict you have almost nothing useful, but have loads of cash.
Survivor
Belongings: Machete, Bandoleer (LED flashlight, two flares), .22 Magnum Revolver, 24 .22 bullets, K Rations (One week's worth), Credit Card (4,000 Dollar Limit)
Vehicle: Dirt Bike
Info: You've read the guide, you stocked up on supplies, now it's finally happened. You have lots of useful stuff, but not so much cash.

{See below post for Hillbilly}
Last edited by Sloopofwar on Mon May 17, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sloopofwar
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon May 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Add Soldier and Redneck, and we will be good to go. Odds are stacked, aren't they now?

I hereby reserve a spot.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby trebnos1 » Mon May 17, 2010 7:08 pm

If you do add Redneck, I want in :D
trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Postby Sloopofwar » Mon May 17, 2010 8:00 pm

That's odd, I honestly thought of adding a Hillbilly class, but decided against it. As for soldier, that's a class that will be unlocked in time.
Hillbilly
Possessions: Ten beer bottles, Double Barreled Shotgun, 20 Shotgun Shells, Plaid Shirt, Chainsaw (no fuel), $50
Vehicle: Rusty Old Pickup
Info: You came to town looking for some supplies for your country cabin, but got stuck when the Zombies attacked. The gun you brought to hunt coons is plenty powerful enough for some Zombie hunting. Best part? You don't need a permit.
Sloopofwar
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon May 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Ok. I'm in as Survivor Ross.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Sloopofwar » Mon May 17, 2010 8:07 pm

You're in. Now we just need four more people. Three if Trebnos was serious.
Sloopofwar
Cannon Fodder

Postby aoffan23 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:43 pm

I shall be Survivor Dave.

Aw great, now I got three RP's to keep up with. :roll:

Speaking of which, Ross' RP has died down. I guess everybody died.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Sloopofwar » Mon May 17, 2010 8:51 pm

You're in, but your name is Survivor Aoffan, because I have no desire to remember alternate names in addition to running this.
Sloopofwar
Cannon Fodder

Postby aoffan23 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Alright, fair enough.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Elmagnifico » Mon May 17, 2010 9:22 pm

Is there a spot available? I wantz.

*edit*

Just realized there's one spot left. Right, I'm in as Survivor Mag.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby naussica » Mon May 17, 2010 9:59 pm

I want in as survivor naussica.
naussica
Jaw-Jaw

Postby 501stCadians » Tue May 18, 2010 6:21 am

Imma Sign up as Survivor 501st.

Kill all son's a bitches. That's my official instructions.

*Straps a boombox to his bake playing metal*

*Runs off to shoot zombies*

EDIT: :fu: :no: No spots left. Oh well. :bye:
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue May 18, 2010 6:38 am

I'll enter as survivor epik the 9000th. Put me on the waiting list.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Sloopofwar » Tue May 18, 2010 9:36 am

Naussica is in because Trebnos didn't come back. As I am awesome, I also am joining in the sixth (shut up) spot as a civilian because we're going to need the cash. I need orders for the first day. I suggest we load up on supplies today and decide where to go or what to do tomorrow.

Note: Although I am running this, what happens is dependent on a chart I made up last night, so not even I know exactly what is going to happen.
Sloopofwar
Cannon Fodder

Postby trebnos1 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:57 am

Oops.
Oh well, I'll just watch then. Can you throw me on the waiting list?
trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Next

Return to Lesser Games