Mutant Chronicles

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Mutant Chronicles

Postby birdman » Mon May 31, 2010 11:23 am

This here's the start-up page for the Mutant Chronicles forum game I'll be running. For those of you not familiar with the Mutant Chronicles setting, imagine New York City of the 80's, multiply the size by three, put it on the moon, give everyone a gun, and add 4 gargantuan Megacorporations, and zombies.
The characters play Freelancers in this setting, a sort of combination between private eyes, guns-for-hire, and general hired muscle for anyone with a big enough bankroll.
For more info, I'd suggest going here and checking out the players section.
There's a total of 4 characters to choose from, first come first served, with my buddy Arkbrik having a reserved slot.
The characters are:
Arkbrik, the social wizard. Deadeye with a handgun, and sneaky as hell as well. Maybe not the best in combat, but an absolute whiz at social skills. If the team captures a victim, he's going to be the one to interrogate. Comes with ballistic nylon pants, and a lined trenchcoat for armor, and a single P60 Punisher handgun for a weapon. Has 20,000,000 credits to spend on equipment, and has contacts within the police force and Bauhaus, Mishima, and Imperial.

The second character, ShapeShifter, spent time as an officer before going into private security. He has a lot of combat-related skill picks and isn't too bad with a vehicle. He comes with ballistic nylon pants, a ballistic nylon jacket, and a bullet-proof composite facemask for protection. For weapons, he comes with a P60 Punisher handgun and a M516S shotgun, and has 50,000 credits to spend on equipment.

The third character, Ross_Varn, went right into military academy at age 16 and spent 8 years after that as an officer. He's got the highest Personality rating of the group, and is very good with a rifle. He's also a dab hand at Avoiding incoming fire and Perceiving threats and hidden objects. He also has experience with melee weapons, as opposed to the rest of the group. For protection, he comes with ballistic nylon pants, a ballistic nylon trench coat, and bullet-proof composite shoulder pads. For weapons, he comes with a P1000 service pistol and a CAW2000 close assault weapon. He has 20,000,000 credits to spend on equipment.

The final character, kiemaster, was an officer, but then he got picked up for drug-running and went to prison for a year. He's a good con-man, and he is a good shot with a rifle. Unfortunately, he has no experience with automatic weapons. He's a good medic, though, and will probably save the lives of some of our group members in the days to come. He comes with ballistic nylon pants, a ballistic nylon jacket, and, for shits and giggles, a studded cloth sombrero. He also comes with a MP-105 machine pistol, and a sawed-off HG-14 shotgun. He has 1,000 credits to spend on equipment.

After signing up, send me a PM detailing any equipment you want to buy with your funds. The sky's the limit - you can find pretty much anything in Luna City if you know where to look.

Once all spots have been taken and equipment bought, we'll get this show on the road.
Last edited by birdman on Mon May 31, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
birdman
Galidor

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon May 31, 2010 1:27 pm

I'm in as Ross, the third character- and thanks for the link. I get the feeling I can use this system. I'm working on the PM.

-EDIT: Wait, any equipment? Hrm. :twisted:
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Mon May 31, 2010 1:59 pm

"Any last words?"

"Shut the fuck up."
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon May 31, 2010 2:02 pm

...wait what.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby birdman » Mon May 31, 2010 2:09 pm

Oh, and you can pick any real-life equipment. It doesn't have to be listed on that web site. Near-future stuff, ask me first.
birdman
Galidor

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon May 31, 2010 2:10 pm

Ach, I guess you can ignore that PM then.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby birdman » Mon May 31, 2010 2:13 pm

Seemed fine to me.
birdman
Galidor

Postby Arkbrik » Mon May 31, 2010 3:29 pm

I'll take the first character. PM coming soon.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby birdman » Mon May 31, 2010 3:30 pm

Very well.
birdman
Galidor

Postby kiemaster » Mon May 31, 2010 3:47 pm

The final character, (Kiemaster) send PM soon
kiemaster
Dimmy

Postby birdman » Mon May 31, 2010 3:48 pm

Atta boy.
birdman
Galidor

Postby kiemaster » Mon May 31, 2010 3:51 pm

awwwh i just realise i get least amount of credits D: i was gunna spend that on useless junk.....
kiemaster
Dimmy

Postby birdman » Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

CRIME DOESN'T PAY, CITIZEN.
Anyways, your current weapons are all right. And you might be able to get something with a little more oomph at a cut price if you want to accept some ... defects.
birdman
Galidor

Postby kiemaster » Mon May 31, 2010 3:53 pm

well can i buy stuff that has a possibility to explode???? i like taking risks :twisted:
kiemaster
Dimmy

Postby birdman » Mon May 31, 2010 3:54 pm

Put it in your PM. We'll see.
birdman
Galidor

Next

Return to Lesser Games