Roll to Dodge: Roll to Dodge: Cyberpunk Razor Gang Battle

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

jmatthew
Minifig

Roll to Dodge: Roll to Dodge: Cyberpunk Razor Gang Battle

Post by jmatthew » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:07 am

Roll To Dodge Standard Rules

The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
[1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
[2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
[3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
[4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
[5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
[6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

If at any time something threatens a player, that player may make a roll to dodge the threat.
Yes, this is a Roll to Dodge about a group of people playing a Roll to Dodge game.

Signup
There are five slots available.

The first person to sign up will be the runner of the Roll to Dodge within this Roll to Dodge. He or she will need to make up a believable name for him or herself. The first action of this person in the game will be attempting to set a theme for the game in the game.

The next four people will need to give me a believable name for themselves. The first action of their fictional personae in the game will be attempting to come up with names for their own fictional personae in the game in the game. This attempt will have to be rolled for to see how successful the naming goes.

Everyone starts with 6 HP, and everyone's character's character also starts with 6 HP.
Everything else will be made up as we go.
Last edited by jmatthew on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:44 am

My brain has just melted.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

OREMAWESOME1234
Cannon Fodder

Post by OREMAWESOME1234 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:46 am

Phillip is my characters name and his character's name is private jones(pronounced JOE-ENES)

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:05 am

Miss Randy Diphthong, please. :wink:

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:51 am

Timmy halfafal and Doctor Inferno Ph.D..

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Alright, so it looks like OREO gave two names, so he won't be running the game within the game, and that role falls to Warhead, who I like better anyway ;)

Miss Randy Dipthong will be running the game. Warhead, you need to attempt to make a theme for the game in the game, so go for it.

Phillip is trying to play as Private Jones, and rolled a 3, so he made a couple spelling errors and is actually playing as Privet Joannes
Timmy Half-a-Fail is trying to play as Doctor Inferno Ph.D, rolls a 4, and plays as exactly that.

Two slots open still....

OREMAWESOME1234
Cannon Fodder

Post by OREMAWESOME1234 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:34 pm

perfect with what I was trying to do

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:15 pm

I will be Karl von Streisenheisendeisenberg. He will be playing as Paveene-Prashad-Hussain-Abdul-Jabar.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Alright aoffann, I rolled a 4 for you as well, which isn't that interesting, but Karl von Streisenheiendeisenberg will successfully be playing as Paveene-Prashad-Hussain-Abdul-Jabar.

Warhead, make your action, sir.

One slot open....

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Buwuh!.. :shock: Fuck me! What the hell do I do now... Fuck it, press on I guess...

Ok, hopefully setting the theme for the game in the game: A struggle for survival in the mixed high and low tech setting of a Cyberpunk Razor Gang turf war. Urban Combat, Seedy City Streets, Weapons, Drugs and Chrome and dirty dealing with the spectre of death always looming. Life on the edge.

I do hope I understood what you wanted.

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:31 pm

@Warhead: You done well indeed, sir. So well, in fact, that you overshot (rolled a 6), and while furiously imagining the intense cyberpunk setting, overworked your brain and burst a couple blood vessels on your head, dealing yourself 1 damage.

The setting is now Roll to Dodge: Roll to Dodge: Cyberpunk Razor Gang Battle

In Roll to Dodge: Roll to Dodge, Timmy, Phillip and Karl are all sitting around a table, waiting for the fourth and final party member to join them. Miss Randy Dipthong, who called the gang here this fateful night for some good ol' fashioned roll to dodgeness, however, has grown too anxious too hold things up any longer, and is afraid the other members may soon be too drunk to play, so she decided to get the game rolling (pun intended), and see if their other party member eventually shows up, hopefully with a case of beers and some women.
It is night, and it is starting to rain. A crumpled, half empty bag of Cheetos lies near the table. There is Dr. Pibb and a 24 pack of PBR in the fridge in the kitchen. Several over-filled containers of Legos jut from an open closet. There are scratch marks on the wall behind a bookshelf where it looks like the shelf may have been moved sometime in the past.

In RtD: RtD: CpRGB, Paveene-Prashad-Hussain-Abdul-Jabar is driving a taxi whilst trying to overhear the conversation of his occupants. The taxi moves at a leisurely pace down dark, rain-slicked roads with steam issuing forth from grates in the side-walk. The road may as well be the bottom of a dark canyon, with cliff-walls on either side forged in grey metal. Bright neon and LED displays advertise products overhead, and laud the latest innovations in Deck-technology, the IntroDyne-CybroSystems Cybrodyne4000, a Deck which (if the adverts are to be believed) offers its user superior speed in surfing the Matrix that is cyberspace while giving him freedom to still perceive the world around him.
Various vendors sell all manner of tech products, microchips, used decks, and cybernetic implants from street carts as the taxi passes through the underclass merchant district of Neo-Noir City.
In the back of the taxi-hovercab sits Dr. Inferno (he has a Ph.D, you know), wearing a slick black tux and mirrored sunglasses, with a distinctive scar running down his left cheek, and a barely visible tattoo under the cuff of his right sleeve, possibly indicating affiliation with the Yakuza. He has just picked up his mark, a young hacker who goes by the pseudonym Privet Joannes. Privet is a very reclusive young man. He has lived on the streets his whole life, and is a high-ranking member of the Technoshark gang. He came to the good doctor's attention when he tried to hack into the security database of IntroDyne-CybroSystems just for fun, and made it past every firewall but one.
IntroDyne-CybroSystems has something the Doctor wants, and he thinks he can use Privet to attain it, so he is attempting to make him a deal. He is armed with a hidden dart gun in his sleeve, as well as wearing full body armor. Privet is unarmed, but for a vibro-switchblade in his sock.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, everyone post your actions.
Warhead, you can post an action that Miss Randy is attempting as well as a plot twist or element for RtD: RtD: CpRGB.
Everyone else, you may post an action for your characters to attempt in RtD: RtD as well as one for their character's characters in RtD: RtD: CpRGB.
I will roll for your character's actions. As for their character's actions, however, I will have to roll for Miss Randy's rolling for them. The roll she makes for how well she rolls for everyone's character's characters will positively or negatively affect the outcome, as well as potentially have hilarious results in the metagame.

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:08 pm

RtD: RtD:

Suddenly, a rap at the door!
"It's about fucking time!" exclaims Miss Randy. "Get your fucking arse in here McDreamy, you fuckin' bag of dicks!"
The door opens, and in walks Girlface, soaked from head to toe, but not wearing a white shirt, much to the dismay of everyone else.
"Sorry I'm late guys. the FBI wouldn't let me leave until I finished my homework.... Because I am 15 and shouldn't be here, where there is obviously alcohol consumption taking place."
"Don't be a dildo," chimes Karl von S.
Halfafal pulls out a chair for Girlface, but pulls it out too far, too fast (6) and nuts himself, losing 1/2 HP and 1/2 his balls, which, if he's lucky, haven't dropped yet anyway. In a more high-pitched voice than usual: "Here you go, m'lady."
Girlface thinks for a minute, trying to come up with a good character name. After what seems like ages to the impatient Miss Randy, she finally announces, "Alright guys, I want to be.... (rolls a 6) KAREN CURTIS CYBERDETECTIVE CYBERDENAIRE!" The unnecessary overkill of the shouting wears out her vocal chords for the rest of the evening, forcing her to sound like she just smoked 18 packs of menthol cigarettes in a row.
in RtD: RtD: CpRGB wrote: Karen Curtis, cyberdetective cyberdenaire leans against a building in a dark alley, ash glowing on the end of a cigarette dangling from her mouth, and smoke pouring from its tip like milk into water. She narrows her eyes and examines the monitor for the tracking device she previously affixed to Dr. Inferno's brief case. She's not quite sure what the doc is up to or what his interest is in the kid she just saw him pick up, but she's being paid good credits by a mysterious Japanese man to find out.
"God," she quietly mutters, contemplating the adolescent riding in the taxi with Inferno, "I hope he's not a pedo...."
The monitor blinks, indicating the taxi is approaching her position.
current stats wrote: Karen=6HP
Inferno=6HP
Paveene-Prashad-Hussain-Abdul-Jabar=6HP
Pivet=6HP
current stats wrote: Miss Randy Dipthong=5HP and drunk
Timmy Half-a-fail=5 1/2HP and only 1 nut (of questionable droppage)
Phillip=6HP
Karl von Streisenheisendeisenberg=6HP
Girlface McDreamy= soaking wet, hoarse voiced and 6HP
PBR count=24

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:41 pm

Damn, this is brilliant. It also reminds me of an old PvP arc... Excellent work.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Girlface informs Miss Randy of the action she wants her character to take.
Miss Randy attempts to roll and (6) in a drunken rage at Girlface joining the game so late, hurls the die across the room, knocking over a can of PBR that Karl had just opened, before ricocheting into a cult that had been lounging on the floor and finally landing a roll of 5.

There is now an angry cult in the room.

PBR count=23

"For fuck's sake!" cries Miss Randy.
in RtD: RtD: CpRGB wrote:Karen decides to tail the cab from a different cab (5), but then remembers how fucking awesome a cyberdective she is and that she just had both an agility-enhancing and a temporary cloaking implant installed, so instead leaps like a stealthy ninja puma onto the back of the very cab carrying her prey, and initiates the cloak field generator. She presses her sexy ear to the rear windshield to get a better listen to what's going on inside.
"What the hell was that?" inquires Privet Joannes in the most nonchalant and simultaneously angsty way he can muster.
"Probably just a bump in the road," replies Inferno, "Now, about my proposition--do we have a deal?"
Paveene-Prashad-Hussain-Abdul-Jabar knows it wasn't a bump in the road. He moves his hand uneasily to the standard issue cab driver stun gun/ pepper spray/ walkie talkie/ grenade at his side....

OREMAWESOME1234
Cannon Fodder

Post by OREMAWESOME1234 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:16 pm

I warn the good doctor that we're being watched. I ready my knife.
And in the real world I lure the cult to some catnip and close the door to the room I lured it to.
Last edited by OREMAWESOME1234 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.