Roll To Dodge: Barroom Brawl

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Roll To Dodge: Barroom Brawl

Postby SnakeMittens » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Roll To Dodge Standard Rules

The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
[1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
[2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
[3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
[4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
[5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
[6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

If at any time something threatens a player, that player may make a roll to dodge the threat.

Okay, so as you can see, I decided to get in on the whole Roll To Dodge thing.

Now, to business. There are 3 slots, with 3 more to come at later times. Post if you want to be in the first three slots or if you want to be in the waiting list. If you are in the waiting list, which I will update daily, you will get the next slot available, be it by player death or new character.

Edit:
Slot 1: naussica
Slot 2:
Slot 3:

Edit: Edit: Screw the waiting list. When there's an available spot, first person to ask for it gets it.

Edit: Edit: Edit: You start with a wallet with 10 credits and one item of your choosing.
Last edited by SnakeMittens on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby naussica » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:26 pm

I'll play. Can we make custom inventory?
naussica
Jaw-Jaw

Postby SnakeMittens » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:22 am

You can choose one thing to bring into the game, but you'll have to run it past me.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby Warhead » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:01 pm

:twisted: ...Ok, I'll give you a try. If you'll accept.

I would like a barrel of Maniac Beer please. Each drink (Max of one per turn) brings random effects and possible bonuses or negative effects. With the exception of the roll of a 6 the normal orders are ignored. You can limit this object by only allowing so many uses, remember it is a barrel of Maniac Beer though.

1) Bad reaction: Total intoxication. You are a gibbering heap, a shivering ball of pain. Lose all actions and the ability to Dodge.
2) Arrogance of the Gods: Go on punch my stomach, I can take it *HooooF!* attacks this turn always take off one HP even if they don't exceed the armour value.
3) Puke Fountain: You randomly throw up D6 times in random directions. People don't want to risk getting covered in puke and wont attack you in melee on a D6 roll of 4+
4) C'mon then! Aggressively rowdy bar brawling and uncouth behaviour, gain +1 to hit and to damage.
5) See YOU Jimmy! Mega-Violence resulting in a massive Headbutt attack, doing double damage.
6) I AM a drunken GOD!!! Overshoot, Maniac Frenzy! Friend/Foe/buildings. There is nothing you can not do or will not do it with. Random violence to a random target. No damage or to hit bonus here, your too far gone, however your armour is doubled, and you gain a HP? (Not sure of +HP) You can do just what the orders where only MOAR!
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby SnakeMittens » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:43 pm

That works, but I'll make it a 6 use thing, or you can chug it and only get a 1, 5, or 6, which would be 2 uses.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby SnakeMittens » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:50 pm

OVERHAUL:
ArkBrik wrote:
Roll To Dodge Standard Rules

The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
[1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
[2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
[3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
[4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
[5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
[6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

If at any time something threatens a player, that player may make a roll to dodge the threat.

This game will use a few additional rules.

You and most other creatures have 6 HP, large creatures have more. If you lose all your HP, you die. Most weapons do D6 damage, large weapons do more. Unarmed combat does 1 damage.

Every time you make an Overshot, you are more experienced, and either your maximum HP or combat damage (chosen randomly) is increased by 1.

If you fail to post actions for three consecutive turns, your character dies from boredom.

Now on the game.

Signup

There are six spots available. If a character dies, that spot becomes available for another player. You can't reserve spots, though.

You will receive equipment and your starting situation when three persons have claimed spots.

I am going to have three slots at first, with three more to come. You can choose one item to have besides your usual inventory.

naussica
HP: 6/6
Combat Damage: 1 (unarmed)
Inventory: Wallet with 10 credits

Warhead
Inventory: Bottle of Maniac Beer(6/6 uses), Wallet with 10 credits
Last edited by SnakeMittens on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby naussica » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:32 pm

I'll use the Scotsman's skullcutter. (if you know Team Fortress 2, then you'll know this weapon. Google it if you don't.) It's the perfect tool for decapitating enemies!
naussica
Jaw-Jaw

Postby SnakeMittens » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:55 pm

Sorry, but no. Find something better suited to a bar.

Edit: You might be able to get it later, though.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby SnakeMittens » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:07 am

Since I'm bored, let's get this game started!

Two men wake up at a booth in a bar, with a case of amnesia. They look around and see a guy drowned in his own vomit at the other side of the booth's table, four tables in the middle of the room, and two doors. They search their pockets and find wallets containing 10 credits each, with ID's identifying them as Warhead and naussica. Warhead also picks up a bottle of Maniac Beer that is in front of him. In a booth across the room, two men are bickering.

naussica

Warhead
Inventory: Maniac Beer (6/6 uses), Wallet with 10 credits

The following items are in the room:
Drowned Corpse (has Wallet with 10 credits)
16 Chairs

There is one spot available!
Last edited by SnakeMittens on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby ikensall » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:53 am

Hmn can i join? Can i have a steel rimmed bowler hat like Odd Job from goldfinger?
ikensall
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Warhead » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:49 pm

[Hey, Oddjob! You should ditch Goldfinger and work for Blofeld, then you'd be called Blowjob... :D ]

I blearily scowl at the guy next to me and figure he must be a drinking buddy so give him the friendly greeting of all drunks, *mumble* Ger'rah'fuk'yah'pissfacedwazzuk!" *mumble* I shakily schlep over to the unmoving guy and while avoiding the vomit I try to wake him up by banging his head off the table, until my interest is diverted by the arguing pair in the corner... oh, my head, I request them to desist in their loud discussion by throwing a chair at the fuckers, lets get this party started. :twisted:
Last edited by Warhead on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby SnakeMittens » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:48 pm

@ikensall: You can join, but no bowler hat.
@Warhead: It was going to escalate into a near-riot anyways, but thanks for speeding it up!
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby SnakeMittens » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Warhead: I blearily scowl at the guy next to me and figure he must be a drinking buddy so give him the friendly greeting of all drunks, *mumble* Ger'rah'fuk'yah'pissfacedwazzuk!" *mumble* I shakily schlep over to the unmoving guy and while avoiding the vomit I try to wake him up by banging his head off the table (3), until my interest is diverted by the arguing pair in the corner... oh, my head, I request them to desist in their loud discussion by throwing a Chair at the fuckers (5), lets get this party started. :twisted:

Warhead tries to wake up the Drowned Corpse but gets himself covered in vomit. He then throws a Chair at the arguing guys, dealing 4 damage to both of them.

naussica stares blankly across the table.

Darshino wakes up at the next booth over with a splitting headache and another case of amnesia.

naussica

Warhead
Inventory: Bottle of Maniac Beer(6/6 uses), Wallet with 10 credits

Edit:
Darshino
Combat Damage: 1d6 (Rusty Pocketknife)
Inventory: Rusty Pocketknife (6/6), 6 ft Rope, Wallet with 10 credits

Brawler 1
HP: 2/6
Inventory: N/A

Brawler 2
HP: 2/6
Inventory: N/A

Brawler 3
Inventory: Knife

Brawler 4
Inventory: Knife

The following items are in the room:
Drowned Corpse (has Wallet with 10 credits)
1 Smashed Chair
15 Chairs
Last edited by SnakeMittens on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby Darshino » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:38 pm

I dunno how to start this, but I'll play. My starting item will be either a rusted dagger or some rope. Lol I have no originality.
TROLOLO
Darshino
Champion

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, on a planet called Mand'alor...

Postby SnakeMittens » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:57 pm

I'll give you both, just to be nice. :twisted:
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Next

Return to Lesser Games