Roll To Dodge: Wyrmthax The Dreaded (Hero 2/5)

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Roll To Dodge: Wyrmthax The Dreaded (Hero 2/5)

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:30 am

Here is my second "roll to dodge". As you might have noticed, it has "(Hero 2/5)" in the title. That's because the main hero (chosen by me) will be offered a place in my grand RTD later. Anyone currently participating in any of my other RTDs, anyone who has been dubbed a "Hero", or anyone who has died in one of my RTDs in the past two weeks cannot enter this one or any other RTDs labled "(Hero x/5)".

EDIT: My Roll To Dodge games get updated every Saturday. Sometimes more than once.
EDIT: Nevermind that.
==============================================================================================
Quote:
Roll To Dodge Standard Rules

The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
[1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
[2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
[3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
[4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
[5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
[6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

If at any time something threatens a player, that player may make a roll to dodge the threat.

This game will use a few additional rules.

You and most other creatures have 6 HP, large creatures have more. If you lose all your HP, you die. Most weapons do D6 damage, large weapons do more. Unarmed combat does 1 damage.

CHANGE HERE \/\/\/

Every time you make an Overshot, you either get 1 maximum hit point, or a special bonus item (chosen randomly and in accordance with my name).

If you fail to post actions for three consecutive turns, your character dies from boredom.
==============================================================================================

Wyrmthax is an evil dragon who has been terrorizing the kingdom of Gransdale for quite a few years. Finally four knights have stepped up to end this menace. They are:

Sir Trisold == Rody
Longsword, Shield, remarkably good at rolling away from danger

Sir Thorg (half-orc) == Warhead
Battleaxe, remarkably sturdy

Sir Alex == Ross_Varn
Crossbow, Shortsword, remarkably good at scouting

Sir Loristrang (dark elf) == aoffan23
Appears to be unarmed but everyone knows this isn't so

These are up for grabs. To be Sir Loristrang, I would look at your profile, etc. to see if I want to give him to you. He won't be given to just anybody.
Last edited by Mr. FudgeDaRules on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:12 pm
Location: Closer to your gun than you yourself are.

Postby Warhead » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Me Thorg me do plenty bad things to da 'umies, I break 'um into one peice, make Thorg laugh.
Image
Image
Motherfucker!
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10908
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Postby aoffan23 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Sir Loristrang looks like a cool character, would I be allowed to have that spot?

If not, I'll go with Sir Trisold.

P.S. I appreciate the PM. :)
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.



I agree with Warhead.
User avatar
aoffan23
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: America's conjoined twin.

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Heh, I'm mature. Thanks! I call Alex.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Warhead » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Thorg punch all his new little friends in da' faces, make Thorg laugh.
Image
Image
Motherfucker!
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10908
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:27 am

Thorg is a master warrior, remarkably durable, incredibly intimidating, but also very nice! Just saying.
Image
User avatar
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:12 pm
Location: Closer to your gun than you yourself are.

Postby Warhead » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:31 am

I nicely punch you in da face, is joke, why no laughin'?

[Oh, aw-right!] :?

Hello fellows! It's me, Thorg Nice but dim, d'oh.

[Better?] :)
Image
Image
Motherfucker!
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10908
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Postby Rody » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:31 am

Is Sir Trisold still available?
if so, just count me in..
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
User avatar
Rody
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Below sea-level

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:30 am

@Warhead,
lol yes. Better.

All the spots have been taken. I will post the beginning sometime today. If orders come in fast enough, I'll be able to do another turn before the week. Again, I can only update turns on Saturdays.
Image
User avatar
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:12 pm
Location: Closer to your gun than you yourself are.

Beginning

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:35 pm

"You are gathered here today because you have accepted to end the menace known as Wyrmthax."

Each of you knights are in conference with an advisor to the king of Gransdale.

"We greatly appreciate your willingness to aid us. From our various scouts we believe we have determined where the dragon makes residence. This is confirmed by the fact that everyone we have sent there has dissappeared. Well, except for one. That one came back via one of our scouting birds. The only problem is that he lacked a head, a leg, and most of his vital organs."

"Enough talk, sir. Show me where it is, and me kill it," remarks Sir Thorg.

"Forgive my friend here, Master Sestripore. He is rash, and often has blood on his mind." Sir Trisold is often plays the role of the diplomat.

Indeed, the advisor's name is Sestripore, and his efforts and success in being the king's bodyguard as well as advisor have earned him the title of Master.

Master Sestripore replies, "No worries. I understand. Wyrmthax's supposed location is 2 miles North of the town of Keigswroth. To get to Keigswroth all one has to do is follow the path West of here for 20 miles to get to Machurro. From there, another 7 miles to Pollisberry. Then 9 miles South-West to Keigswroth. It would be simple enough if the roads were safe. But I suppose that that would be no matter for you four."

"Do we perhaps get some, oh, I don't know, maybe equipment to actually keep us alive?" Sir Alex asks, being a little sarcastic.

"Ah, yes. I forgot you have been robbed recently. No matter. You'll recieve equipment similar to that which you had previously. Just what did you have?"

In turn, everyone describes their equipment. However, when it gets to Sir Loristrang, he remarks:
"My equipment is still safe. However, I thank you for the offer.

"Very well. Once you have been outfitted, you may proceed when ready."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your party recieves their equipment. Your purses have also been emptied, but no doubt that they will fill up once a few bandits try to rob you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You walk out the Western gate. About a mile out, as expected you are ambushed by 3 bandits.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orders.
===============================================
|E| = equiped

Sir Trisold
HP = 6/6
Equipment:Longsword|E|, Shield|E| Chain Mail armor 100%|E|, Empty purse


Sir Thorg
HP = 9/9
Eqiuipment: Battleaxe|E|, Chain Mail armor 100%|E|, Empty purse


Sir Alex
HP = 6/6
Equipment: Crossbow|E|, Shortsword, Crossbow Bolts (20), Chain Mail armor 100%|E|, Empty purse


Sir Loristrang
HP = 6/6
Equipment: Unknown to all but himself.
But he does have boots that glow an interesting color, and a leather tunic that seems...off

===============================================
All have a shortsword and no armor.

Bandit 1
HP = 6/6

Bandit 2
HP = 6/6

Bandit 3
HP = 6/6
===============================================
DM note: Yes, none of you have helmets. You'll get those soon enough.
Last edited by Mr. FudgeDaRules on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:12 pm
Location: Closer to your gun than you yourself are.

Postby Warhead » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:31 pm

HELLO WIKKLE PEOPLE, I AM THORG, I WILL BE KICKING YOUR ARSE THIS EVENING!

I wish to charge in and smite one of the Bandits from top to tail with my Battleaxe, which I call Brainbitter.
Image
Image
Motherfucker!
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10908
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:51 am

I drop to one knee and shoot one of the bandits in the throat. If they get too close for comfort, draw the shortsword and evade damage.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Rody » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:52 pm

I lunge forward and try to stab one of the bandits in the chest with my longsword.
at the same time raising my shield.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
User avatar
Rody
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Below sea-level

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:23 pm

aoffan has failed to post. How dissapointing.

Sir Thorg
Warhead wrote:I wish to charge in and smite one of the Bandits from top to tail with my Battleaxe, which I call Brainbitter.
|3|
You charge in, and hit one of the bandits for
3(+1 stength modifier) = 4
damage.


Sir Alex
Ross_Varn wrote:drop to one knee and shoot one of the bandits in the throat. If they get too close for comfort, draw the shortsword and evade damage.
|4|
You sucessfully shoot a bandit, hitting him in the cavity betwen the chest and neck, thus killing him instantly.


Sir Trisold
Rody wrote:I lunge forward and try to stab one of the bandits in the chest with my longsword.
at the same time raising my shield.
|5|
You lunge at the last bandit that remains untouched. You manage to decapitate him, and you then hit his head with your shield. I can't recall a time that a head has flown so far.


Sir Loristrang
Pass

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The last remaining bandit attacks Sir Thorg. |6|
He swings at Sir Thorg, hitting his armor...

Amor Roll = |2|
The chain mail does nothing but recieve a decent-sized scratch.

Damage Roll |1|
He barely hurts Sir Thorg.
However, due to the bandit's enthusiastic swing, Sir Thorg doubled over. Such an action dropped the Brainbiter onto the bandit's head, and it did indeed bite his brain. He's dead.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the ground:
3 Dead Bandits
3 Shortswords
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sir Trisold
HP = 6/6
Equipment:Longsword|E|, Shield|E| Chain Mail armor 100%|E|, Empty purse

Sir Thorg
HP = 8/9
Eqiuipment: Brainbiter(battleaxe)|E|, Chain Mail armor 96%|E|, Empty purse

Sir Alex
HP = 6/6
Equipment: Crossbow|E|, Shortsword, Crossbow Bolts (19), Chain Mail armor 100%|E|, Empty purse

Sir Loristrang [pass = 1]
HP = 6/6
Equipment: Unknown to all but himself.
But he does have boots that glow an interesting color, and a leather tunic that seems...off
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orders.
Image
User avatar
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:12 pm
Location: Closer to your gun than you yourself are.

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:30 pm

Holster my crossbow and continue down the path, motioning the others forward.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Next

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest