Project: Heroic Days == Heroes & Hall Of Fame

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Project: Heroic Days == Heroes & Hall Of Fame

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:55 pm

Hello fellow BrikWars users! My name (as far as you know) is Mr. FudgeDaRules. I am putting together a huge Roll To Dodge game, but to do so I'll need heroes. Not noobs. Not your average player. Heroes. But I cannot trust people simply coming up to me saying "I'm a hero. Can I play?" No, I'll be conducting tests, some of which are already in place. These tests come in two forms. The main one is 5 lesser Roll To Dodge games. The lesser is my observation of your behavior in various forums. To become a hero, all you need to do is show impressive gameplay in my other RTDs. The most impressive becomes a hero. Now, the one who strikes the final blow or "wins" the RTD isn't guaranteed a hero.

Example: Sir Thorg and Sir Alex are fighting Wyrmthax. Wyrmthax is about to kill Sir Alex, but Sir Thorg sacrifices himself to get Sir Alex both to safety and in a position to kill Wyrmthax. Sir Alex takes the opportunity, of course. I would dub Sir Thorg a hero. But since Sir Alex killed the evil beast, he makes it into my Hall Of Fame.

The Hall Of Fame is for those who "win" my RTDs. 5 RTDs. 5 heroes. 5 people entering the Hall Of Fame. Unless the hero is also the one entering the Hall Of Fame, there will be 10 users in my huge RTD. There is a chance of there being less.

Rules for Hero/Hall Of Fame:
By following the thread, you enter an RTD by the normal process. However, there are restrictions.

You can only be in 1 of my RTDs at a time.
If you become a Hero, you cannot enter any more RTDs.
Same with entering my Hall Of Fame. No more entries.
If you die in one of my RTDs, you have to wait two weeks before you can enter another one.
Those a Hero and in my Hall Of Fame are the only ones who will have a position in my final RTD, Heroic Days.

Have Fun!!!!

EDIT: On choosing who to be a hero, I also look to who plays wisely.
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:51 am

These will be updated when possible.
The RTD rules will vary slightly for Heroic Days.

Heroic Days Rules

You start with 6 HP, and in whatever curcumstance the GM puts you in.

The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again until the RTD is finished.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
[1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
[2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
[3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
[4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
[5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
[6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

Every time you make an Overshot, you either get 1 maximum hit point, or a special bonus item (chosen randomly and in accordance with my name).

If at any time something threatens a player, except for an honest attack, that player may make a roll to dodge the threat.

Armor

Also, if a character has armor, there will be an armor roll for that character if said character is attacked. If a piece of armor goes down to 50%, then it is "damaged" and works at decreased efficiency (-1 to the effects of all armor rolls). If it drops to 20% then it is "critical" and works at -2 to the effects of all armor rolls. If it drops to 10%, then it works at -3 to the effects of all armor rolls, -1 to all damage rolls, decreased movement, and it takes an entire turn to remove and takes a roll to do so. If it drops to 0% then it is shredded, removed, and the wearer gets hurt an extra HP.

A shield has three statuses instead of the body armor's five; full, damaged, and destroyed. "Damaged" makes the shield work at 50%.

Armor rolls:
1 = Failure + armor damage
2 = Failure + armor damage
3 = Block weak attacks + armor damage
4 = Lessen most attacks + armor damage against strong attacks
5 = Block everything but very strong attacks
6 = Block everything

Shield rolls:
1 = Failure + damaged vs. strong attacks
2 = -1 damage + damaged vs. strong attacks
3 = -2 damage + damaged vs. strong attacks (50%)
4 = -3 or -4 damage + damaged vs. very strong attacks
5 = -4 or -5 damage
6 = Block everything

Weapons

Most weapons do 1d6. Special weapons will be different. Shields, for example, to 1d3 if you try to use them for combat. Assume that all weapons are the same, unless stated otherwise. Two-handed weapons allow some manuevers that one-handed weapons cannot do.

Heroic Feats

Your character may attempt one heroic feat per every 5 turns if you so desire. A heroic feat is classified as anything other than a normal action (attacking, defending, picking up items, etc.). Most heroic feats are simply attacking multiple enemies or something along those lines. However, there are some feats that are special to any one character. If you would like to know what the feats are for your character, please PM me.

All heroic feats are made in a different scale of successes:
[1]: Epically failed feat. Greatly backfires on you.
[2]: Failed feat. Backfires on you.
[3]: Failed but salvagable. Failed feat, but doesn't backfire. Instead you take an action somewhat related to the attempted feat, or you defend if this is not possible.
[4]: Barely made feat. You do the feat, but not as well as you intended.
[5]: Succeeded feat. You manage to pull off your feat.
[6]: Wonderfully executed feat. You go above and beyond.

Note: a [6] for an attempted feat does not count as an "overshot".

Creatures

Most creatures have 6 HP. Special creatures have more. Creatures will make actions to conform to their situation. If I post in the "On the ground" section that there are dead bodies, then those bodies are probably able to be looted. However, this is not always the case. Creatures like goblins have nothing on them. Creatures like bandits, however, do.

Other stuff

If you fail to post actions for three consecutive turns, your character dies from boredom.

If a "minion" character is at 1 HP, and their max is at least 2 HP, then you may attempt to knock them out for whatever purpose. This is done with an unarmed attack, and you must mention that you are attempting to knock out the character. You may knock out either friend or foe.

If you are currently in one of my Heroic Days RTD games, or have been eliminated from one of my RTD games in the past two weeks, you cannot join another one. Namely, one RTD per person at any given time, with a two week buffer before you can claim another spot. Also, if you have been dubbed a Hero or have been accepted into the Hall Of Fame, you may not enter any more Heroic Days RTDs except for the one labled "Heroic Days".
Last edited by Mr. FudgeDaRules on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:51 am

Isolated World:

Hero: chaplin-austin
Name: "Mad Jack" Churchill
Race: Human
Class: Bio-Warrior
HP = 6
Equipment: Claymore (1d8), Crossbow (1d6), Heavy Leather armor, Armor repairing Kit
Bio-Chip: Green
+1 to armor rolls

Hall Of Fame: naussica
Name: Ezio
Race: Human
Class: Bio-Warrior
HP = 7
Equipment: Longsword (1d6), Shield (1d3), Long Dagger (1d6), Shealthed Combat Knife (1d6), Healing Kit
Bio-Chip: Green
+1 to damage rolls
Last edited by Mr. FudgeDaRules on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:52 am

Wyrmthax The Dreaded

Hero:

Hall Of Fame:
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:52 am

Broken Jedi:

Hero:

Hall Of Fame:
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:53 am

4 vs. 400

Hero:

Hall Of Fame:
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Magyck

Hero:

Hall Of Fame:
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Heroic Days Lineup:

1) Ezio

2) "Mad Jack" Churchill

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

(there might be fewer)
Last edited by Mr. FudgeDaRules on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:01 am

Current notifications & updates:

Sign-ups for Broken Jedi are available.
Changed rules for Armor, and added in "knocking out people".
Am currently updating weapon stats. Will be updated in 4 vs. 400, my 4th RTD.
Last edited by Mr. FudgeDaRules on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Isolated World has finished!! Now accepting slots for Broken Jedi!
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Return to Lesser Games