Roll To Dodge: Broken Jedi (Hero 3/5)

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

What is your opinion of my RTD games so far?

AWESOME!
20%
Pretty good.
No votes
Fun, but can be improved.
10%
OK I guess.
40%
Poor.
No votes
Absolutely terrible!
20%
You make RTDs?
10%

Total votes : 10

Roll To Dodge: Broken Jedi (Hero 3/5)

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:17 am

Note: this is my first anything that includes copyrighted material. The concept of "jedi" doesn't belong to me. It belongs to someone else.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is my third RTD. As always, it will be a little different than the others as I am trying out different ideas to see what works best. Feed back is always appreciated.

==============================================================================================
Quote:
Roll To Dodge Heroic Days Rules

The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum (or until the objective is reached).

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
[1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
[2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
[3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
[4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
[5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
[6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

If at any time something threatens a player, except for an honest attack, that player may make a roll to dodge the threat.

This game will use a few additional rules.

You and most other creatures have 6 HP, large creatures have more. If you lose all your HP, you die. Most weapons do D6 damage, large weapons do more. Unarmed combat does 1 damage.

Every time you make an Overshot, you either get 1 maximum hit point, or a special bonus item (chosen randomly and in accordance with my name).

If you fail to post actions for three consecutive turns, your character dies from boredom.

If you are currently in one of my Heroic Days RTD games, or have been eliminated from one of my RTD games in the past two weeks, you cannot join another one. Namely, one RTD per person at any given time, with a two week buffer before you can claim another spot.
==============================================================================================

You three are jedi, given the assignment to hold the outpost until more reinforcements arrive. You succeed in your task,... until about one hour before the troops are expected. What happened is still a blur, and yet the effect is as clear as day. A sith lord managed to come undetected, and attempted to take the outpost. Even though he was undetected, the jedi were aware that their lives were in danger, and managed to move just as the sith came out from the shadows. An epic battle commenced, but the element of surprise enabled the sith to have the upper hand. But still, he began to lose. Deciding to retreat, he threw a CP-B grenade-a grenade that entire nations will go to war for just to get one. This grenade limits a jedi's powers, and binds those powers to the one who threw the grenade. With their powers sufficiently doused, the sith was able to make an escape.

Indeed, this was very stressing for the three young jedi. They could still feel their powers, but they couldn't use them. They have heard about these rare, yet powerful grenades, and they know that to get back to normal they would need to kill the sith. But that will be much harder now that their powers are restricted. Every power except two was gone, and those two were:
1) Defect bullets
2) Effectively weild a lightsaber

When the troops arrived, the three jedi explained the situation to the jedi master that led the troops. The jedi master expressed his great sorrow over their loss, and encouraged them that now that the outpost had been refortified, that they can go retrive their powers if they wish. The three jedi agree enthusiastically, and set out to the nearest town to gather information on where the sith may be. The sith may try to hide, but these jedi know people who still have the more secret gossip. Two regular troops and a special unit decide to go with them to aid where possible.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Objectives:
Find out where the sith lord is
Go get to the sith lord
Kill the sith lord
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spots open:

Jedi Knight 1 (insert your desired name)
Jedi Knight 2 Ascalus
Jedi Knight 3 (insert your desired name)

===These orders come in through PM. If you want a trooper slot, message me===
Trooper 1 Trigger
Trooper 2 (insert code name)
Spec. Trooper THY 803/2
======================
Jedi have a lightsaber.

Troopers have a blaster rifle with 5 clips, 6 shots per clip. At most you can fire two shots per turn, with epic moves and feats allowing three to four shots. Or sometimes the entire clip.

Spec. Trooper's inventory will be PM'd to the user.
First come, first serve.
Last edited by Mr. FudgeDaRules on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Current list:

[Jedi Knight 1] Available
Damage: 1d5+1 |Lightsaber|
Inventory: Lightsaber

Ascalus

[Jedi Knight 1] Available

Trigger
Damage: 1d6 |Blaster Rifle|
Inventory: Blaster Rifle, 5 clips {current_6/6}

[Trooper 2] Available
Damage: 1d6 |Blaster Rifle|
Inventory: Blaster Rifle, 5 clips {current_6/6}

THY 803/2
Damage: 2d4 |Chain Launcher|, 1d4+1 |Laser Pistol, [Other unknowns]
Inventory: Chain Launcher, 4 shells, Laser Pistol

Will be updated and re-formatted as other players join.
Last edited by Mr. FudgeDaRules on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Postby Warhead » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:13 pm

...so, we are expected to take part in something that you are doing slowly in two other threads with the knowledge that this will make the process even slower. H'mmmm... it's very tempting.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:04 am

I'm just putting it out there. I refuse to start any more until at least two of these three are finished. This one probably won't start for a while.
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Postby Warhead » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:20 am

Look, this place is regularly infested by frenzied mercurial teens who have ever changing flashes of inspiration but lack any sort of stamina or discipline to see their ideas through. I've seen it here plenty of times. Constantly making threads for more or less the same thing before completing what you have started is a glaring warning sign and people will lose interest in anything you have to post if it happens too often.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:48 am

K, I understand. Don't worry; these RTDs WILL be finished. The only way for that to be prevented would be to lock my computer. If I have active participation, Wyrmthax might be finished by the new year.
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Postby Princess Lollipop » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Can I have a Jedi, please?

-Princess of Lollipops! ♥
TROLOLO
Princess Lollipop
Demi-God of BrikWars

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Princess Lollipop wrote:Can I have a Jedi, please?

No. No, no, no. My siblings are NOT allowed on my RTDs, or at least the Heroic Days ones. Sorry,...sorta. Go join a forum battle or something instead.
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Postby Princess Lollipop » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:53 pm

Grrr. Fine. :x

-Princess of Lollipops! ♥
TROLOLO
Princess Lollipop
Demi-God of BrikWars

Postby RedShirt » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:05 am

Can I have Jedi 2? He will be Ascalus.
Brik-Hed will rule you all!!!!!!!
RedShirt
Officer

Postby Mr. FudgeDaRules » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:48 am

RedShirt wrote:Can I have Jedi 2? He will be Ascalus.

Done. Three slots open. As soon as the people from "Wyrmthax The Dreaded" have left this current city, this RTD will start when we have enough people.
Mr. FudgeDaRules
Minifig

Return to Lesser Games