Mythos - Ross's Campaign

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Postby thade » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Rushing past Thade, Thade spins around and draws his sword as well.


Whoa... I must be really fast to move past myself. :lol:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those'll be the mages then. A little late, but can't hurt.
I keep my guard up and watch for attackers.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Yeah, knew that felt stilted. Sorry.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby thade » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:19 pm

don't let this die guys!
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:10 am

Well... This game is being run by a procrastinator and being played by three people who have a notorious habit of disappearing for a month at a time. Delays are to be expected.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Olothontor » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:38 am

Ross_Varn wrote:...being played by three people who have a notorious habit of disappearing for a month at a time.


Oi!

Oh, nevermind. Carry on, then.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby thade » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:39 pm

now we just need naus.

*jeopardy theme*
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby naussica » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:08 pm

You rang? Sorry, things haven't quite gotten better. I now have walkinh pnemonia and a double ear infection.

Anyways...

I keep my guard up. One false move from any enemies and the baron's gonna lose his head. Literally.
User avatar
naussica
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:27 pm
Location: doing what you see in my avatar

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:24 pm

The mages walk forwards and meet with Dorse. After a moment's hurried discussion, Dorse walks towards Thade and Naussica, leaving Turgo with his axe ready and waiting at the head of the rebels.

Dorse comes up in front of the Baron, glancing at Naussica. Addressing the Baron directly, he says "It appears that we now have the advantage. We will let you live, provided you return to town immediately." The Baron nods, his adam's apple rising and falling against Naussica's knife as he swallows nervously. "Address your troops."

Naussica lets him stand as the Baron calls out, "Loyal soldiers of the Crown! Return to town immediately!"

The party watches as the soldiers collect their dead and begin to trek back towards town.

Dorse turns to the mages as the rebels remount onto the carts. "Master K'Do. Thank you for coming. I apologize that you were unable to aid us in combat." The reptilian firemage nods, and then motions towards you. "It appeared that these rebels had the situation well in hand," he says in a grave voice.

As the carts turn into the forest, you walk behind with Dorse and the mages as the rain suddenly ceases.

.............................

First encounter complete!

xp gained: 30

Level 2.

HP is now 22.

MP is now 11.

Naussica gains Ability: Ranger's Speed!

Turgo gains Ability: Turn Undead!

Thade gains Ability: Pickpocket!

Please add +2 to any dice or +1, +1 to any two dice.

Name: Naussica
Player: Naussica
Class: Ranger
Race: Elf
Level: 2
EXP: 30
HP: 22/22
MP: 11/11
Abilities: Piercing Blow [3mp, 1d8+2 damage], Ranger's Speed [3mp, x2 AGI one turn]
AGI: 1d10
STR: 1d4+1
CHA: 1d4 +1
DEX: 1d10+1
INT: 1d4
Weapons: Shortbow [1d4], 90 arrows, Shortsword [1d4]
Armor: Wooden Half-helm [1d4], Leather shirt [1d4-1], Leather pants [1d4-2]
Inventory:Rope, Flint and steel, Lockpicking kit, 10 small health potions

Name: Turgo
Player: Olly
Class: Paladin (Mihokmut) [+3 Str, +1 Int]
Race: Minotaur [+3 Str, -1 Int, -2 Cha, -2 Dex]
Level: 2
EXP: 30
HP: 22/22
MP: 11/11
Abilities: Restore [1d6+2 hp, 3 mp], Turn Undead [4mp, undead flee]
AGI: 1d4
STR: 1d10
CHA: 1d4
DEX: 1d4-2
INT: 1d4-1
Weapon: Axe [1d4+(STR/2)]
Armor: Leather Shirt [1d4-1], Wooden Shield [1d4], Wooden Half-Helm [1d4]
Equipment: 3 Torches [5 gp], 4 Healing Potions [40 gp], 2 Small Healing Potions [10 gp], 4 Potions of Rejuvenation [40 gp], Wooden Half-Helm [1d4]

NAME: Thade
PLAYER: Thade
Race: Kameli
CLASS: Rogue
Level: 2
EXP: 30
HP: 22/22
MP: 11/11
Abilities: Double Strike [3 MP, attack*2], Pickpocket [3MP, CHA+DEX>INT]
AGI: 1d8+1
STR: 1d6
DEX: 1d4+1
CHA: 1d4-2
INT: 1d4+1
Weapons: 2 knifes [1d4], Shortsword [1d4]
Armor: Leather shirt [1d4-1], Leather pants [1d4-2], Wooden half helm [1d4]
Inventory: 4 Small Healing potion, 2 Healing potion, Large Healing potion, Rope, Flint and steel, 3 torch, Lockpicking kit
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby thade » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:00 pm

I'll spend 1 point each on STR and DEX.

I guess I'll follow along, and try to pick up on any conversations nearby.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Olothontor » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:10 am

1 point each on Strength and Charisma.

I attempt to chat up whatever Guard/foot soldier/whoever I end up walking with for any significant amount of time, asking questions like
"What are you rebelling against. Why? How well equipped are your forces? What purpose does this serve in the grander scheme? Who are you planning to put on the throne, given that you succeed?"

Etc.

P.S. ^ That's why I tend to dislike forum RP. All conversation has to be condensed fairly significantly, which I think kinda ruins the mood.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby naussica » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:30 pm

+1 on STR and CHA.

Follow everyone else, maybe stir up some conversation.
User avatar
naussica
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:27 pm
Location: doing what you see in my avatar

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:03 pm

So we really need a IRC channel for RPs. Bah. My short attention span is drifting.

Um.

xxxxxxx

The trooper that Turgo is talking to starts to ramble as the others listen in. He recaps on the "mad king" of the Crown that's fumbling along in his ill-advised attempt to gain soverginity over the mainland's empire, as this crowded territory across the seas is packed with natives. The rebels don't seem to believe that the Crown can stand up to the Salzar forces invading from the north, and have taken precautions against units building up. The "rebels" themselves control a colony to the south and have enough wartime clout to prevent the Crown from attacking them. The forefront of the army, however, have negotiated with the outlying Crown towns on the northern edge of the territory- where you are currently- and the towns supply them with food, recruits, and weapons, while the barons of the towns attempt to drive the rebels out. He calls the rebels the "Free Republic of Here", a rather confusing name in your opinion. Questioning him further, apparently all people of all races are represented equally in the Republic.

The raid you just witnessed was a faction of the Crown's forces being led by the baron of this area attempting to stop the rebels from resupplying their army, using food that the baron claims is his by right and ownership.

The Mages, the society of magic-wielding creatures, claim to be neutral in this political shakedown of the human lands, but they are sympathetic to not being overrun and killed in the night by the Salzar conquerers. As such, Mage's Retreat is a forest compound that the Rebels mount their attacks on the Salzar Front from.

xxxxx

This isn't the only front of this war though, but it's probably the only one we're going to get into. Off in the West, Talon Toothmage resides in his self-styled Toothmount in the middle of the Enchanted Desert, lording it over the Spice Mines of Door.

The withdrawn Dwarven Empire controls the massive forces of the Woodrun River on the enormous Lordu Dam to the southwest, beyond the rebel's claimed territory. They also hold a constant war with the Orks in the Westmount Mountain range.

In the south, the rebels hold an uneasy peace with the barons on the edge of the Crown's influence. Both territories are fully-developed colonial towns, their just isn't enough Imperial support to attempt to move farther west, away from the Eastern Sea.

Even farther south, the Dark Woods hold the Dark Elves.

Northwest, the reaches of Woodrun claim to hold the worlds largest, most organised civilization of Elvenkind, who are currently embroiled in a civil war of their own- alberiet of the political kind, over whether or not to to support the rebels against the Salzar.

Farther north, near the Spit where the Salzar forces have claimed soverginity and are preparing to march south to the human-lands, are the lands of Hobbit, currently under an uneasy equilibrum as rebel forces attempt to keep them from being wiped out.

Oh hey- I can worldbuild. And ramble.

Give me a day and I'll give you a map.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby thade » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Yes! Map!

"Even farther south, the Dark Woods hold the Dark Elves. "

*Cough* Kameli *Cough*

"are the lands of Hobbit"

*Cough* Halflings *Cough*

Just sayin'
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:37 am

You know me. I can't be arsed to look stuff up when I'm rambling.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby thade » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:27 pm

anyone? *crickets*
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest