Mythos - Ross's Campaign

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Gah. Stand by.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Olothontor » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Uhm.... I nod sagely and brandish my axe?

:?
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:59 pm

After I post the map, you guys will get to Mage's Retreat. Just give me a bit.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby thade » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:17 pm

I try to pickpocket myself.
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:22 pm

That's your own developmental problem, Thade. :wink:

What?

Ok, ok, I'll go work on the map!
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby thade » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:24 pm

:x walked into that one.

:twisted: I try to pickpocket the DM
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Ahrm.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

As the soldier talks, he stops suddenly, and says "Here, I'll just show you." He hands a map to Turgo.
Image
"Mage's Retreat is in the Forest of Vostor."

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Derp, just realized that "recent battle" shouldn't be on the map yet. Perhaps you encountered the party's cartographer?
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby thade » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:09 pm

shiny!

wait... is it the republic of hire or here? It says here in the text, but hire on the map.

anyway, I try to pickpocket the map.
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Olothontor » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:24 pm

"Good. Your motivations are shit, but you mean well. I suppose you'll continue to have my aid, so long as you wish to keep it." Turgo will say to the Guard.

He'll spend most of the rest of the trip making sure all of his equipment is in proper shape, and make his daily morning sacrifices to Mihokmut (usually a rabbit or other small animal, but if he can get away with anything larger (like a deer or elk), he will.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:30 pm

The caravan continues it's way along the muddy path [as Turgo chases bunny rabbits through the woods apparently...], eventually coming up to a wooden fort set in a meadow valley of the woods. You didn't notice it until the carts were right next to it's walls. Magic, you suppose.

The gates swing open and the carts pass through, trundling towards a storage area. Once through, you look about on a scene of camp. It looks like an entire squadron of the Rebels are camping in the commons of the fort. Tall three story wooden building rise on all sides of the compound, with well-defensible walkways tracing their way among the myriad doors.

Dorse winds his way back through the dispersing soldiers and stands in front of you three. "So! I saw your conduct back there," he says, obviously meaning with the baron. "Myself and Master K'Do can offer you temporary employment with the Republic if you so wish, I think you are quite capable of it. We can pay well, or provide you transportation out of here. We seem to owe it to you after that." The Salzar Firemage K'Do nods sagely.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby thade » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:42 pm

I think we should take the job, what about you guys?
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Olothontor » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:11 am

"As I've said. I'm at your side, provided I benefit in some way. I would ask a favor of you, should we win this, but that's for a discussion at a much later time." This was more directed at K'Do than it was anyone else in the room, and Turgo makes it clear by making direct eye contact with the Salzaar.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby naussica » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Let's take the job. I finally got time to be back on here. Mid-terms are coming up, you probably know how that feels.
User avatar
naussica
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:27 pm
Location: doing what you see in my avatar

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:46 pm

Bah, midterms are no match for my epic homeschool skillz! Glad you could make it back mate.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

K'Do meets Oloth's eyes and blinks slowly in agreement. Dorse, obviously miffed, huffs impatiently and says "Well! That's settled. If you three could meet me in the guardhouse later, I can send you on a reconnaissance mission to prep for our next strike."

He motions towards the stables, armory, and various other shops and buildings around the square. "Get refreshed and come back."

[Mage's Retreat looks like it holds enough supplies for you to find a good amount of stuff that you might need for reconnaissance missions alone. Take your time in town, figure out where you need to visit.]
Last edited by Ross_Varn on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Also:

Name: Naussica
AGI: 1d10
STR: 1d6
CHA: 1d6
DEX: 1d10+1
INT: 1d4

Turgo
AGI: 1d4
STR: 1d10+1
CHA: 1d4+1
DEX: 1d4-2
INT: 1d4-1

Thade

AGI: 1d8+1
STR: 1d6+1
DEX: 1d6
CHA: 1d4-2
INT: 1d4+1
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 2 guests