Predator of the Empire - Pocket Dungeon Online

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Predator of the Empire - Pocket Dungeon Online

Postby BFenix » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:13 am

Greetings heroes and welcome to PD Online!
(I will try to use the same method of organization as Olothontor did, this way no one gets confused)

This game's players are as follows:
--- Robotmonkey
--- forlorncreature
--- Olothontor (might exit mid-game if anyone else wants to join)
--- ... and I (BFenix)

To determine professions, I used the same method Oloth did in his game, random lottery, and the results are the following:

--- Robotmonkey - Ranger
--- forlorncreature - Wizard
--- Olothontor - Warrior
--- And I - Thief

Now, for a little atmosphere:

In the wide and fertile plains of Terlas lies a small town called Evenfall. Evenfalls population is mostly composed of farmers do the great expansion of terrain around them. Everyone used to live peacefully there, until a few months ago... People of importance, including the towns governor, were found brutally murdered and the few guard towers were constantly being raided by Kobolds. Evenfalls Marshal knew someone bolder was commanding these creatures and attacks. All four of you were recruited as the Marshals Dungeon Unit, to venture into the Kobolds lair to the North and kill whoever was raining havoc over Evenfall!

(A World Map of Aenora [World] is being made so you can locate yourself better in the future)

Character creation time! Feel free to add any details you want but follow the Code that follows. I will correct you if you do something wrong (forgive me if I state something that's not clear in the rules as-written; there are a few things that are not well-explained, so I may correct you with an unstated house rule or something). Your characters should conform to the following template (feel free to copy+paste):

Code:
Character Name:

Strength:
Dexterity:
Wisdom:

AP:
HP:
Move:

Weapon/Spell:

Potions/Armor:

C'mon people, lets do this thing!

HOUSE RULE INDEX:
(NOTE: Ill be keeping this updated if we find anything else worthy of notifying here. Feel free to adapt you Index for I will do the same Oloth)

This is for keeping track of all the House Rules that I fail to remember and invariably am forced to correct as we progress through the game. Again, apologies for this.

- #1 - Fudge Points can not be used as a Die Adjustment in PDOnline; however, they can still be used as an experience system (I.e. Spend 3 Fudge pts. increase an attribute by 1, or gain 3 permanent HP). Just let me know somewhere in your turn post that you'd like to use your Fudge points and it shall be done.

- #2 - Any character that is permitted the use of a Spellbook may spend one Fudge point and two turns copying a spell from a Scroll in your inventory into your Spellbook permanently. This burns the Scroll.

-#3 - If a room is empty (no monsters), a player may use one turn to skip straight to a door of his choosing in the same room, regardless of distance.

-#4 - Weapon's H are hit bonuses. You roll d6 + Attribute + Weapon's H. So a sword (R1 D2 H0) would involve: 1d6 + Strength + 0. Monsters, on the other hand, do damage on those rolls. So a Kobold has H1-2; if the 1d6 falls in that range, then it does D damage.
Last edited by BFenix on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Olothontor » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:46 am

Character Name: Sygon

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 2
Wisdom: 2

AP: 4
HP: 16 (10 + [6])
Move: 1

Weapon: Hand Axe

Potions: Healing and Growth*

Sygon fumbles to put on his Marshal Dungeon Unit badge, his slightly oversized axe clinking against his half empty potion belt.

*(from Potions list in the Tome)
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:43 am

Character name: Alec (Human Ranger)

Str: 5
Dex: 2
Wis: 4

AP:3
Hp: 13 (8+[5])

Weapon: Bow

Potions: Healing and firebreath

Alec checks his bow one last time, and mutters to himself: "This'll be fun"
Last edited by Robot Monkey on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby Olothontor » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:45 pm

Robot Monkey, you misGen'd your stats. You've assigned two more points than you should have.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby BFenix » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Character Name: Chinook (Human Thief)

Strength:3
Dexterity:4
Wisdom:2

AP:4
HP:14 (8+[6])
Move:2

Weapon/Spell: Dagger

Potions/Armor: 1 Potion HP; 1 Potion AP

Chinook tosses a round stone he was using to sharpen his dagger, he then follows the group into the dark entrance of the dungeon...

EDIT: Robot, you forgot you M(ove) stat
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Olothontor wrote:Robot Monkey, you misGen'd your stats. You've assigned two more points than you should have.

My bad...

Fixed stats.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby BFenix » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:07 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:
Olothontor wrote:Robot Monkey, you misGen'd your stats. You've assigned two more points than you should have.

My bad...

Fixed stats.

They are still wrong...
Your AP is half you Wisdom and for the Ranger you get 8+d6 HP, so that would be 14, not 15
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:10 pm

BFenix wrote:
Robot Monkey wrote:

My bad...

Fixed stats.

They are still wrong...
Your AP is half you Wisdom and for the Ranger you get 8+d6 HP, so that would be 14, not 15

Shit.

re-fixing...

EDIT: now does it work?
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby Olothontor » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Your HPs are still too high. You should have 13 with that roll, since it should've been (8 + [5]), not (10 + [5]).
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Olothontor wrote:Your HPs are still too high. You should have 13 with that roll, since it should've been (8 + [5]), not (10 + [5]).

Ok....

now it should be good.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby BFenix » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:
Olothontor wrote:Your HPs are still too high. You should have 13 with that roll, since it should've been (8 + [5]), not (10 + [5]).

Ok....

Robot, try to pay a bit more attention to this and use the PDF or copy as a direct guide. This way we will have much less interruptions of our game
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:48 pm

BFenix wrote:
Robot Monkey wrote:

Ok....

Robot, try to pay a bit more attention to this and use the PDF or copy as a direct guide. This way we will have much less interruptions of our game

'K.

Alec looks around, wondering where everybody else is.

For fun, he launches an arrow into the gaping entrance of the dungeon, and after a while, hears a loud *thwack* and an inhuman scream. He chuckles to himself.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby ForlornCreature » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Awcrap, sorry, I don't know how I missed this thread, ignore my PM, I'll post my Wizard stats when I have more time in a bit.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby ForlornCreature » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:46 pm

Character Name: Soontir Fel

Strength: 4
Dexterity: 1
Wisdom: 5

AP: 10
HP: 10 (6 + [4])
Move: 1

Weapon/Spell: The ever-popular Magic Missile

Potions/Armor: Potion of fire breath, potion of healing.

Soontir Fel is a crazy hermit known for his apparent mental isolation from the real world, for he was trapped in a dungeon before for God knows how many years. He often mutters under his breath about killing and roasting people, or inflicting gruesome and graphic revenge on those who 'dared to cross him'. His ragged grey hair, tattered clothes, sunken fatigued eyes and pale tranparent skin from years without sunlight only add to the air of insanity that he carries around him. If he learned anything from those years spent wandering in a dark cave, it was how to survive on wits and magic, the only reason the team took him along. But beware: he can turn on you at any time, his mind works in mysterious and inexplicable ways.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby BFenix » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Nice character description forlorn, very dramatic... now onto the real deal! Ill be posting Turn 1 soon, for now, Ill be using Oloths tiles and pixel art with slight mods
BFenix
Pooplord

Next

Return to Lesser Games