LARPing

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:26 pm

k. anywho, im still trying to find ways to play HvZ around my area. when im un-suspended i might have to talk to the principal about allowing us to adopt the high school varient of the rules(no nerf guns, just socks and potentially marshmellows). i have 3 days to come up with an argument, which is good.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:26 pm

could be just my opinion, but you might want to wait a little bit before asking him, seeing as you just got suspended... I doubt he'll listen to much you say if that's fresh in his mind

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:26 pm

enders right, i should wait. guys a douche. even if i wait though, i have a problem(and i forgot this when i posted) he banned a game we call assassin where you mark opponents necks with markers because it "promotes violence". if i can talk to him, i need to clarify and make blatently clear that just about everything these days "promotes violence", so what is a harmless game going to do? the worst that could happen is accedentally scraping someone with an unusually sharp marker point. i don't know, any ideas are welcome.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 am

Hrm.

It appears that you may need to enlist the help of the HvZ boards for this situation. Political maneuvering is a piece of HvZ prep that seems to be always iffy.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:00 am

already joined. i'm trying to read as much diplomatic text for working with admins to get high school HvZ rolling.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:44 pm

I'm going to have to organize a game now. I spent most of yesterday afternoon chasing Darth around the backyard with my Barricade. Have you seen the clipmod for that blaster? Frigging insane.

This
to
This

Whoever's reading this, go watch the documentary on http://humansvszombies.org/.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:40 pm

lol yeah, did see that. It's a little too loud for my liking though, I was thinking of acquiring the spectre (http://sgnerf.blogspot.com/2010/08/nerf ... eview.html) which is pretty much a revamped maverick.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:34 pm

nah, don't go for the spectre. considering it has 1 round less than the mav, larger, louder, and heavier than the mav, i wouldnt do it.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:55 pm

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:nah, don't go for the spectre. considering it has 1 round less than the mav, larger, louder, and heavier than the mav, I wouldnt do it.
I swear by the Mav. That thing has gotten me out of so much shit during Nerf gun wars...

Has anyone tried a clipmodded Barricade with a drum mag from the Raider?

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:24 pm

from the youtube videos I've seen, it couldn't hold it, it was too weak. the clip is held in by very little, so the weight is the key factor. Also, I'd get the spectre b/c of the small silhouette reduction, seems much easier to put in a holster or summat. But another choice is the Alpha trooper... pump action shotgun with a nice foregrip, and the clip comes down instead of out the side! (I'm a lefty, so this is particularly frustrating on the raider)

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Eh, if the Specter was a 10-drum, I'd take it. Frankly, I like the Barricade's spinup noise. I use my modded Nitefinder for stealth. Maverick jams way too often for my liking.

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:
I swear by the Mav. That thing has gotten me out of so much shit during Nerf gun wars...
The Alpha Trooper is my baby. It's an often-overlooked Target exclusive. Shoots about as well as the Raider, has slam fire, but is shorter and a lot more maneuverable. I got the gun off Ebay, so I didn't get the 18 dart drum mag, but I have plenty of regular mags to go with it.

I also always, always, ALWAYS have my dual sawed-off buzzbee double barrel shotguns. Best side arms ever. They shoot well, have that awesome shell-eject thing going on, and just generall own face because they're double barrel shot guns.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:51 pm

But.. But.. Alpha drum so dinky! Barrel Break- nerf's official shotgun- just released, but with a two-shot max, I won't be taking it to HvZ.

Looks badass though. I'll probably end up with an Alpha one of these days.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Ross_Varn wrote: Maverick jams way too often for my liking.
Aah, thats the beauty of the spectre... the chamber revolves with the cocking mechanism, not the trigger, so a lot less jam is involved.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:05 pm

i swear by the buzz bee double shot. if you can't use it in a game as a primary, you shouldn't use it at all. it takes a suprising amount of skill to use it quickly and effectivly as well.