LARPing

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:39 am

The problem with the doubleshot is it's sucky range. Two shots with awesome shells that go about 10ft...

Give me a nite-finder with a maverick spring and no AR...no, not 1 but 2, and I'm set.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:14 am

god, I fucking hate the cocking mechanism on the NF... sure, you can get great ranges and everything w/ it, but the pullback mechanism is ridiculous.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:57 pm

i have a nightfinder as well, you know. for my longer distances. when i get more money i'll crack it open for AR removal. i want more money cause if i fuck up, i can buy another, with fresh darts, so it would work.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the Longshot has better range that the Longstrike? Whereas the Longstrike has better accuracy than the Longshot?

I'm half tempted to give my Longstrike my Longshot's spring.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:33 pm

I tried that string trick with my Maverick the other day with my bandoleer to reload it on the run by swinging it out to the side. I had to disassemble the damn thing to get the slide from breaking off. Ack. I'm agreed, a better loading mechanism would be cool.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:37 pm

I once had that 3-piece blaster from Toys R Us, the one that was a pistol and shotgun and RPG, that combined. I think I gave it away to charity or something a year or so back. 'S a shame I'm still 3 years away from college, would be pretty freakin sweet to do some HvZ. Asked the school adminz about it, but they balked at the idea of toy guns, and the students were too busy being pretentious teenage douches to see the awesomeness that is shooting the shit out of your friends with nerf guns. Lol, one of the teachers has a Maverick in his desk, and since he heard of it he's been pegging me in the back with it whenever I'm not looking :lol: .
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the Longshot has better range that the Longstrike? Whereas the Longstrike has better accuracy than the Longshot?

I'm half tempted to give my Longstrike my Longshot's spring.
yes, because the longstrike has a reverse-plunger sytem, like the recon and raider, whereas the longshot does not. as for the accuracy though, Idk why that is.

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder
Location: Checking back in between animations for Warhead's follow up to ZZD

Post by ForlornCreature » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:46 pm

I have a trusty longshot that I use with a recon barrel and a underslung red dot (more like red splotch) torch thing when I feel like shooting stuff.
Anyway, in my street there's a guy who makes swords out of tightly rolled up newspaper, and so all the kids on our side of the street get together and do some fighting every few days. He recently made the biggest frikken newspaper tower shield ever made recently, it'll drag your arms especially when combined with one of his giant heavy swords. I tend to use dual daggers.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:55 pm

hmm... when I fight melee, I prefer a two-handed sword, shields are of no use at me as I dodge most attacks, rarely blocking any, and it gives me a longer reach.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:42 am

You guys heard of Belgarth? They're the fantasy foam-sword group that's nationwide.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:01 am

Bah! Swords? Daggers?

I prefer axes and maces.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:47 am

guys, have you heard of strongblade? great retailer, has almost everything. you should go check it out if you're into medieval larp (or want movie props, real swords, etc.)

http://www.strongblade.com/

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Damn, only 2 university/colleges in the UK run the games, though with 3 years too go It might spread.
Gun laws are likely the most problematic, Half the humans would be arrested by the end of the first day!
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:11 pm

only thing i suggest is know the law, know your rights. as an airsofter, thats more of importance to me than most people. i once had someone tell me i had to have the orange tip on ym gun, and said no, i don't, and brutallized them with legal jargon. same goes for nerf blasters. it can be all black if you want, but if you get arrested, your fault. the law is an important thing to know, mostly when you play a controversial game.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:13 pm

More important than knowing the law, know your local law enforcement. I've lived in more than a few places where they shoot first and ask questions later, although that probably won't be as big an issue on campus. But regardless of whether or not it goes that far, if you piss off the local law then they'll find a way to make you regret it, legal rights or not. This may mean making friends with a local cop and getting his take on the situation.