ARTD: The Dimensional Chaos

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Postby thade » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 am

Olothontor wrote:You can probably count me in, although I have no idea how helpful I'll be.


Awesome. As to not being helpful, I just like to think of what would happen if a standard rpg were created by this forum. That level of ridiculousness is a good standard to aim for.
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby solvess » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 am

Jim Darkmagic
I greet the robot and ask him what he knows of this place...while keeping my distance.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."
User avatar
solvess
Galidor
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Postby Robot Monkey » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:51 am

Alec

"This statement is false!"

>Tell robot paradox.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:10 pm

Reichart

Throw a grenade down stairs.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7788
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Postby thade » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:22 pm

[5] "The robot replies: What, this place? You must be new here. This, my friend, is the Dimensional Chaos."

[3] "This sentence is false!" Shouts Alec. The robot turns to face him, gives him a strange look, then says "Nice Try"

"...It's a repository of everything sucked in by the aetherstorm, a vast whirlwind that sits in chronospace, collecting debris from all times and places. You never know what'll happen next around here."

@Silverdream: You don't have grenades. You got the zweihander, but only one weapon to start.

@Olothontor: That'd be awesome! A PDF version would be extremely cool.

Notes: This was a good oppurtunity to test my NPC rules.
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Robot Monkey » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Alec

"Smart little bastard..."

>Shoot robot through the eye with bow & arrow.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Postby thade » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:09 pm

[2+ACC(1)=3] vs. [5+DO(0)=5]
Miss!

You fire an arrow past the robot, missing. He takes no notice of you.
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Robot Monkey » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Alec

>Stab robot in the eye with knife.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Postby thade » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Sigh...
[4+1=5] vs. [2]
Hit!

Knife=1 Damage
1-[Armor(3)+(3)]=0

No effect.
Combat Begins!
The Robot has 1 less armor this round.

Robot: Attack with greatsword.
[2+3=5] vs. [5+2=7]
Miss.

The robot recovers from its attack, and emits a high pitched whirring noise.

(You guys are all going to need to fight this guy if you want to win. He's level 6)
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby solvess » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Jim darkmagic
Send an electrical blast at the robot and try to overload it's circuits.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."
User avatar
solvess
Galidor
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Postby thade » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:24 pm

[2+ACC(2)+Magic Skill(1)=5] vs. [3]

1d6 damage=[3]
+
1d6 damage=[5] (weakness to electrical)
Total Damage=[8]-Remaining Armor[5]

The robot takes 3 damage!

Initial Round over.
Armor levels reset.
Initiative:
9 Robot
5 Lothorn
4 Alec
4 Jim
2 Thud
1 Reichart

Round 1 Begin:
The robot swings at Lothorn with his Greatsword!
[9+3=12] vs. [3]
Hit!
Damage: [3+3]-Armor=5
Lothorn is at 1 HP!

Next move: Lothorn
(You can post out of order, but actions will be resolved in initiative order. Or I'll skip people if they don't post soon enough.)
(You guys might be able to talk him down)
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby solvess » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Jim Darkmagic
I will try to talk him out of fighting.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."
User avatar
solvess
Galidor
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Postby thade » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:43 pm

Ehhh.... Screw the initiative.

[6] The robot stops swinging, but seems like it still distrusts you.
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Robot Monkey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:30 am

Alec

>Shoot robot in the back with arrows.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Postby Olothontor » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:51 am

Thade: He's missed three hints now. Just kill Alec and you won't have this problem anymore.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron