Lego Universe Free!

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder
Location: Checking back in between animations for Warhead's follow up to ZZD

Re: Lego Universe Free!

Post by ForlornCreature » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:01 am

If only they released the source code, or someone rip it and set up their own servers.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:44 am

Nitewatchman wrote:
stubby wrote:But LEGO felt that a micropayments focus would cheapen the brand, and that was that. No amount of video game revenue will ever be worth risking threats to the core brand; it's not who LEGO is as a company.
I actually find that to be kind of admirable.

Don't get me wrong; I think it's stupid that they shut it down and I'm sure that it's no picnic for you, Mike, but the idea that they actually gave a crap about their reputation and recognized how much micro transactions cheapen the feel of a game is pretty impressive.
I... have to agree. If that's the reason, out of all the other possible ones that could have happened- well, I can respect that one.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Post by feuer_faust » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:15 pm

I still stand by my earlier assessment, although I've got a better understanding of what's up from Stubs.

That said "Call of Battle: Blokz" would be an epic game...
It's a secret to everybody.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:17 pm

feuer_faust wrote:I still stand by my earlier assessment, although I've got a better understanding of what's up from Stubs.
Sounds fishy. When did you play? It didn't have a huge amount of content when it first launched, but even I never managed to make it through all the content it has now.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Post by feuer_faust » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:31 am

I started playing right around the time they launched Ninjago. I had completed most of the Ninjago stuff (although it had gotten very tedious by then), and had completed at least a few of the other areas and had significantly made it through the others. I rolled a second guy as a member of a different faction (originally the knight-in-shining-armor guys, then did the turn-the-Maelstrom-against-itself guys), but didn't really feel too diverse for me.
It's a secret to everybody.