Atomic Highway!

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Atomic Highway!

Postby Keldoclock » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Hey gringo, what brings you here?

The day is May 16, 2053. It's been forty two years since El Hoy De Juicio, the Day of Judgement, where the world was plunged into nuclear winter for forty years. Cuba has become a place of solace for the rest of the world, one of the few places where one can still walk outside and bask in the dying rays of the sun, a place where, while life is hard but not cruel, and there is hope. That hope lies in the children of Cuba, the tiny little optimistic beacons of joy that have never known the greed and squalor of the past nor the life-sucking desolation of the Judgement.

But that hope is threatened. It is threatened by the immigrants that have come to Cuba since the Judgment, with their drugs and their whores and their guns, it is threatened by the mutants that lurk in the old bunkers, their pale skin and wide, gaping eyes full of an evil hunger.

Food is scarce and oil is even scarcer. Bartertowns are the closest thing to civilization that still exist, shambles formed among the ruins of what once were great cities and towns. Fishermen ply their trade next to scavengers, selling four-eyed cod and ragged clothes. Crossbows have become more common then guns, donkeys more common than automobiles.

The skies, once full of tourists in their great metal planes, are now empty but for the ocassional mutant or aviador, flying on their rickety powered hang gliders and autogyros. Those few machines that still exist are almost always relics from the already-aging armories of the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces.

Yet hope remains. Little Rauls help Papi keep his boat running, some muties are not quite as hostile as one would imagine, and the influx of Americans, French, and Russians provides cheap labor for rebuilding the shattered remains of Cuba, and perhaps later, the world.

Post here if interested, the rules are a free downloadable pdf.

Once we have at least four players, I'll tell you just where in Cuba you are and what you are doing.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby mgb519 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:43 pm

I'm interested, but RIGHT now I'm busy. I'll look at it tomorrow.f
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:47 pm

I'm interested.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Re: Atomic Highway!

Postby Keldoclock » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Aaaanybody else? C'mon!
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby lawmaster » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:06 pm

why not I'm in
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*
lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Postby knolli » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Ok, count me in. I'll read the rules later.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby Keldoclock » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:53 am

Low on sleep and high on adrenaline, the intro I shall write.

You wake to the sound of whistles and foghorns. With a groan, you hoist yourself up to sit on your bed and look through the window. You gaze beyond cracked plexiglass and a bustling port unfolds. There are perhaps fifteen ships in the harbor now, most are ancient cargo ships, their colorful cargo containers filled to the brim with rich earth and green sprouts. Three are new vessels, wildly different- The nearest is nearly the size of the cargo ships, white-washed wood pulled along by an enormous paddle, plumes of steam rising from two tall chimneys on either end of the ship. The furthest is a rich foreigner's speedboat, painted a brilliant red and boasting two machine guns and a missile rack, along with a crew of armed men. Almost squarely in the center of the bay is the jerife's corvette, an almost pristine (You laugh inwardly at the thought. It's nearly seventy years old and covered in rust!) Soviet relic, bristling with weapons to keep Cayo Mambi independent and safe.

You turn your eyes from the window, for as much as you love gazing at the sea, even it's blue-grey wonders can do nothing to help the ache in your belly. A lawn chair rests in the other side of the room, in front of a wooden coffee table, upon which lies a veritable feast!

A few minutes later, you pick the last of the rice and rats from your teeth,swallow the last drop of your rum, and walk out of your room to enter the lobby of the inn.

Submit your characters now, please!
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby knolli » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Ok, I just read through half of the rules and I narrowed it down to either Bartertowner Healer called Doc Brown, who has white hair, a long brown coat and a long gun, or a young 'Steader Outrider, who has spent all his youth tinkering on Great-Granpa's motorcycle and is now trying to find his fortune far from home.

Can you give us any specifications on what kinds of characters would be fitting best and which inappropriate. What about mutations? Will it be Brikwarrisy Hack'n'Slash or rather delicate diplomacy?
knolli
Dimmy

Postby Keldoclock » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:22 pm

I was planning on seeing the characters first and developing an adventure around them, but I think I'll have this campaign go like most of the others, with a mix of roleplaying/rollplaying, slightly favoring rollplaying.

Feel free to have your character use guns, be a mutant, or be a foreigner, just remember that all of those things will affect how Cuba sees you.
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby knolli » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Another character concept would be the 'Steader farmboy. He and his loyal (mutant) dog are the only survivers of a raid. Although he is only 13 he is an adult, and he tells so everyone who dares to call him boy.

I halfway expect Silver to create a either a steelskin mutant pitfighter or an egoistic raider with german accent.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby Silverdream » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:53 pm

Adder, Nomad Brave

Description: 6'1 with sun damaged skin and long greasy brown hair as well as a beard. There are scars all over his body from the many trials he has faced.

Personality: Silver is an experienced fighter with a great desire for glory and establishment of his tribe. It is only through making his name known that he can honour his family and forebears.

Background: Silver was raised by a great warrior known as Kaizrahg. Through great training and many trials Silver established himself as a man and left to pursue great things.

Attributes: Muscle 2, Understanding 2, Tenacity 3, Appeal 2, Nimbleness 3, Toughness 3, Senses 3

Skills: Athletics 2, Brawl 2 / Ride 2 / Melee 2, Notice 2, Shoot 2, Stealth 2, Survive 3, Zoofinity 1, Persuade 2, Scavenge 1,

Weapons: Chain, Medium Rifle,

Clothing: Leather vest, headband with tribe's symbol, Hide pants, leather boots

Gear: Swiss Army Knife, Portable grill, Sleeping Bag, Arctic Gear Set,

Health: 16

Armour: None

Steed: Bicycle
Last edited by Silverdream on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Keldoclock » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Stats are correct, you should have 1 rank of either drive, pilot, or boat skill, 1 more rank of either Intimidate or Persuade, one more Athletics, one more Brawl, one more Notice,and one more Stealth.

Here are the stats for your weapons:

Chain, Heavy
Damage: M+4L (That is, your Muscle stat plus four lethal damage)
Hands: 2
A somewhat rusted length of iron chain.

Rifle, Medium
Damage: 10L
Max Range: Distant
Capacity: 5 Rounds , 7.62x54mmR
Reload time: 1 Action
Hands: 2
An old Mosin Nagant, this bolt-action rifle has served you well. And the guy who came before you. And the guy who came before him.

The internal magazine of the Mosin is full, but you possess no spare rounds for it. Perhaps that is part of the reason you are in Cayo Mambi. Perhaps you can barter your grill for a few bullets?

Stats for your Bicycle:
Muscle: 0
Toughness: 0
Speed: as Rider's Muscle +2
Passengers: Rider
Health: 10
Customizations: Off-Road Capable
Flaws: No Cover
Ye Olde Mountain Bike. It looks like a new coat of paint has been put on it recently. It's a shame all they had was brown.

EDIT:

Does this forum have spoiler tags? Those would be *great* for inventories.
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby lawmaster » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:23 pm

Lucas white
Race: mutie (1 mutation for now and if I get a 6 make it a psychic power)
mutations: Night vision, Toxic spit
Flaw: speech impediment
Rearing: Feral
Pursuit: Beastmaster
Description: Lucas is small and light and has dark brown hair, his skin is tan from being outside a lot and his eyes are brown. He wears a black shirt that is a bit worn but good and ripped cargo pants. He has hiking boots and usually wears a black cloak that can surround him making him disappear in the night.He has a leather tunic and matching gloves. From the animals he has had he has a tooth or claw.
Personality: Lucas is relatively shy to people but daring when it comes to action. He is rather clever for being a feral because in the woods he found a cabinet of books. He loves animals so he is a beastmaster.
Background:He was left in the woods and was raised by wolves. When he was 7 he found the books and he leanered and became human. After reading and reading he learned many things like he wasn't normal but he was mutant and that is why wolves accepted him. Soon enough he went back and found his "litter mate" He brought him back and they started a life in the woods. Eventually he gained a horse by stealing and lives happily enough in the woods in his house that is build on the side of a rock wall with logs and rocks.
Attributes: Muscle 3, Understanding 4, Tenacity 2, Appeal 2, Nimbleness 3, Toughness 2, Senses 2
Skills: Athletics 2, Brawl 2, Melee 2, Notice 3, Persuade 1, Shoot 2, Stealth 2, Survive 1, Zoofinity 3, Heal 2, Persuade 1, Ride 2
Health: 14
Armor: None
Weapon: Large bow, light axe
Clothing: Necklace of teeth and claws, leather tunic, Gloves, boots, pants, shirt, cloak
Gear: 6 stones, 6 strips of dried meat, bundles of fodder, small leather bag, vet tools, saddle blanket, harness
Transport: Horse
Pet: Large canine
Last edited by lawmaster on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*
lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Postby knolli » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:05 am

In my opinion you make it needlessly difficult for yourself, Keldoclock. It would be easier for you and for us if we decided on a rough setting or character background beforehand. If I were to play a Hauler or Outrider with my own vehicle and the group decides to go to the sea or to wild off-road territory, my character would be useless the same way a Muti or Native will face hard times whenever we stay near bartertowns or 'Steads. Mistrust and prejudice are the most common attitudes of the post-apocalyptiv society.
Last edited by knolli on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby Keldoclock » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:40 am

If the campaign took a twist like that, why wouldn't I just let you swap your car out for a boat or a horse?

Make your characters, leave the rest to me.
EDIT: To that end, CHARACTER BACKGROUNDS- who do you know, who are you related to, where are you from? How did you get the gear you started with?
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Next

Return to Lesser Games