Zee DnD Game Thread

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Zee DnD Game Thread

Postby feuer_faust » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:59 am

As this is the DnD game thread, please don't post in here unless you're in the game. :) For my players: once you've got at least a character conept down (I think you all do), you may post... most stats and stuff won't matter just yet (not until the first fight kinda thing).

It's Friday afternoon, and the Galloping Peacock's happy hour is in full swing! There's people single, dancing, and generally making fools of themselves with drunken glee. You are all here, conveniently, sitting at the same table you've sat at since you first met the mysteirous old man that pointed you at a dungeon full of riches a year ago.

Since then you've been on a few quests, rescued some maidens, slewn bandits, and made a name for yourselves as The Brikwarrriors (although nobody seems to get it). It's been dull lately, however, and you're starting to wonder when the Plot will come back and put your group in the spotlight again...
Last edited by feuer_faust on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's a secret to everybody.
User avatar
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:20 am

I roll for perception. 26.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby feuer_faust » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 am

You fail. And die.

Next!

EDIT: Also, You folks may begin posting.
It's a secret to everybody.
User avatar
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Postby Erasmas » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:10 am

*Dagen Stonesong sat quietly at the party's table, leaning with his back against the wall, his butt on his stool, and his feet on a nearby chair. As a halfling, he couldn't reach the height of the table, so it would have to do. His greataxe rested against the wall beside him, never more than a short leap away from his calloused hands. He looked down at them now, observing the dirt and the blood that had hidden itself in the recesses and creases in his palms. He sighed deeply. We need to return to the wilds. This city... disgusts me. The small barbarian swilled another gulp from the over-sized tankard that sat before him and slammed it back onto the table. He climbed onto his stool and then onto the table itself. He belched loudly, and then followed it with as booming a voice as he could muster. Perhaps he was bored, perhaps it was the dwarven ale he had ordered. It didn't matter... he needed the rush.*

"I'll take any man here! Five gold to any bastard who can best me in an honest fight!"
TROLOLO
Erasmas
Hero
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:57 pm
Location: Rostfin

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:56 pm

Kika placed her hand on her face, once again embarrassed of Dagen's behavior. she wasn't quite sure why he'd do things like this, but it at least offered a decent distraction. while burly goons and hairy men turned their eyes towards the midget of a brawler, kika combed her hair to cover her eye-socket, and kept her good eye on the lookout for something more... profitable.

I make a perception check to see if there's anyone who looks like they'd be reaaaaally easy to steal stuff from, or just someone who looks loaded and happens to just waltz around with astral diamonds. I rolled a 14 (actually, can i just use the 26 from earlier :D ?).
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Gorchek » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:38 am

Cyo looks up from his card game at Dagen's outburst. Of all the halflings in the world, why did he have to end up with one as boring as a dwarf? Trying his best to ignore him, he returns to his cards, wispering "For once that things are calm, why can't he just enjoys himself instead of looking for trouble".
User avatar
Gorchek
Officer
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:45 am
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:01 am

out of character stuff is in italics. Dagen, what class are you? i'm getting the impression of fighter, which coming froma halfling is... unusual...
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby feuer_faust » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:44 am

For a few moments there was a stunned silence. At length, a burly man swaggers up, hamf fists resting on his hips, sharp eyes peeking out under a jutting brow covered with greasy black hair. "Eh, what? The little child thinks he can best a fully-grown man? I could use the fiver, so you're on!"

Roll initiative... I assume you're all just rolling at your computers and being honest. :)

Bar Goon
Initiative Roll: 16
AC: 12 Fort: 16 Ref: 12 Will: 14


Kika, you don't notice any one that particularly stands out, but nobody looks particularly gaurded either.
It's a secret to everybody.
User avatar
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Postby Erasmas » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:52 pm

*Dagen looks the man eye to eye, since he's standing on the table already.*

"Pick yer battlefield, ox... cause ya be callin it a night; and ya might as well be comfortable where you fall!"

*The halfling cracks his knuckles and cranes his neck from side to side, widening his stance.*


{OOC: Yes, Dagen is a fighter (I was informed that barbarians don't exist), though he's pretty much barbaric in nature. And yeah, halflings make great fighters in 3.0 (+1 to hit and to AC), but not sure how it'll translate to 4th.

Initiative Roll: 19 (I'm pretty sure you said 4th level.)}
Last edited by Erasmas on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TROLOLO
Erasmas
Hero
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:57 pm
Location: Rostfin

Postby feuer_faust » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:22 pm

ooc: Initiative = D20+Dex Mod+1/2 Level rounding down+misc
It's a secret to everybody.
User avatar
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Postby Erasmas » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:23 pm

{OOC: Fixed... I hope. LOL}
TROLOLO
Erasmas
Hero
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:57 pm
Location: Rostfin

Postby feuer_faust » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:28 pm

Yep, so that'll add +2 to initiative. Your action... I assume the other are simply watching. If you wish to join in we'll need initiatives.
It's a secret to everybody.
User avatar
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:23 pm

hell yes, a 27!

Kika decides not to bother with looting anyone right now - it looks like dagen might actually put up a good fight. Not one to take action unless needed, she waits with her crossbow oh god, crit fail on that stealth check for concealed weapon, still got 14 though, and lets the fight commence. she'll help when she's needed

basically, i'm deferring this round. Dagen can make the first move, and if he needs it, i'll help
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Gorchek » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:44 am

Init: 8

Looking up, Cyo sees the challenger (a farmer, perhaps?). Shaking his head in resignation, he picks his cards back up, making no move to interfere.

I take a good look around the bar, trying to see if anyone else is planning on joining in uninvited. Insight roll is... 12. Ouch.
User avatar
Gorchek
Officer
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:45 am
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Postby feuer_faust » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:32 pm

Initiatives:

Kika - 27
Dagen - 19
Bar Goon - 16 | AC: 12 Fort: 16 Ref: 12 Will: 14
Cyo - 8


"Right here and now seems as good as any, unless you're afraid of being emabrassed in front of the town!" The man cracked a toothy, crook-toothed grin, rearin' to go.

OK, start of a new round now that we have inititiatives. Since Kika is forgoing the round (I assume) that makes Dagen's post.
It's a secret to everybody.
User avatar
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Next

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests