Yenga and Don't Fuck Up

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Yenga and Don't Fuck Up

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Bored with playing traditional Jenga, Yenga and Don't Fuck Up are the two games my group of friends and I have discovered a trivial Jenga set can be used for (besides for making fortifications in Brikwars, of course). Everyone I've introduced to the games absolutely love them, and the resulting towers that come from either game are really something to marvel at. So, I give these games to you.

Yenga

Set up like a traditional Jenga tower, Yenga is played very similarly. Players gather around the tower in a circle, and take turns removing bricks from the tower and placing them on top. However, UNLIKE Jenga, in Yenga, one may place the piece on top in any way that they'd like. As long as the pieces remain on the tower, it is considered a legal move. In the incredibly likely event that three or four or even just one piece is knocked off of the tower by a player, simply declare it a "partial yenga." Allow the player that knocked the pieces over to reconstruct the tower by placing the dislodged pieces however they see fit. Technically, one could even declare a partial yenga after the entire tower has fallen over, as long as the pieces are stacked back into a tower by the player who caused it. Of course, at this point it's usually much easier to play don't fuck up. Should a player partially yenga three times in a row however, one should immediately kick down the tower and shout "Yenga, bitch!"

Don't Fuck Up

Don't Fuck up is a game for two players. Each of them takes turn stacking blocks from the tower on top of the original base block, and if a single piece anywhere on the tower falls off after a piece is placed, they are considered to have "fucked up" and lost. Repeat until brain dead, or you decide to play Yenga again.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Re: Yenga and Don't Fuck Up

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:27 pm

I got Jenga for Manly Santa Day. My friends are lame and cheat by touching more than one block when pulling one out.

To me, half the battle is finding one that's loose enough to pull out without having to yank on it, or finding one that you need to shimmy out without tipping.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:24 am

See, when you arrange pieces on top however the fuck you want, that whole dynamic changes. Uneven weight distribution will free up pieces as you keep building, and eventually just finding somewhere to put the brick becomes much harder than getting one out of the tower.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:44 am

Yea, that sounds awesome.