My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Re: My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

Post by Battlegrinder » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Two more things:

Flash's crew helped Noxsec out in the space battle, he might be able to capitalize on that favor and strike some kind deal (ideally letting use tag along with the APC and try to rescue Vami and Dienekes22.

If we have to turn on lawmaster to keep Noxsec friendly, I suggest we do so, as we can afford to be short one party member more than we can afford to have another enemy. If we do have to kill him, no headshots. I've got a plan to bring him back later, but I'll his head in one piece for it to work.

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Right, I'll edit my orders then.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:43 pm

I think that we should do some long-term team planning, however, since this is a public board and we have some enemies actively trying to foil our plans, I suggest we do some long term planning in PM, like a little newsletter. Sound good?
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:52 pm

Scratch wrote:I think that we should do some long-term team planning, however, since this is a public board and we have some enemies actively trying to foil our plans, I suggest we do some long term planning in PM, like a little newsletter. Sound good?
I'm thinking that it might be easier to have our own planning thread, given that using PMs will get complicated, fast. I think that a simple gentleman's agreement not to peek from our opponents should be fine, and since we move before they do, any cheating on their part will be of limited use.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:01 pm

If Noxsec is not currently hostile to ME then I won't worry about Garth. Instead, start dealing with the pirates. That's of course only if we deal with the mexican standoff first. My first orders still stand if that fails.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Post by Dienekes22 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:50 pm

Excellent points! Good thing I hadn't sent orders. 3am is a terrible time to try and be strategic.

Orders:
Scrounge around for loot in the immediate area. Stash stuff in my inventory if it's any good.
Make towards the city with Daisuke without disturbing the Ancients.
Also I'd still like to try getting my spear on fire a little so it packs more of a punch. Hopefully it doesn't work any harm to me or the spear.
Last edited by Dienekes22 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:01 pm

I take a long look around and begin to grin maniacally. I couldn't be more pleased with the BDSMs teleportation "choice." Right in the thick of it, blood up.

I charge my fists with magikal power and attempt to spook the slow moving horses in front of me by super slapping the white one's flank.

Then I want to bolt for whatever ship is nearest so I can later hijack the controls. Unless I can construct controls from spare parts or something to lock into that hovercraft so I can fly it.

And I'd be more than happy to help out the Space Detective with bureaucracy.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:01 pm

After this first turn, we need to decide what our long term strategy should be. The way I see it, we have two choices:

A) Hijack one of the Noxsec or pirate vehicles and charge toward the extraction point, guns blazing.
Or
B) Dig in, fight off hostile attackers, gain some levels, than secure transportation (which should be easy enough, given the number of vehicles that will likely be destroyed or disabled in the coming fight), steal everything that isn't bolted down, and them mosey on down the extraction point. If go this route, we can't get into a fight with Noxsec right now, since we'll need their help to fend off the rest of the attackers.

Both options have plus sides and downsides, but we should decide quickly, since we have people behind the enemy lines and our overall decision will affect them greatly. I'm thinking that toughing it out is the best choice, even though it puts quantum, vami, and Dienekes22 at greater risk.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:I'm thinking that toughing it out is the best choice, even though it puts quantum, vami, and Dienekes22 at greater risk.
I'm fine with this, personally. I can't begin to imagine a situation where a WageMage would ever not want to be at risk. High risk, high reward. I play for keeps. And other business cliches.

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:54 pm

Slight change to my orders, if noxsec is hostile to me then execute previous orders, if not then Garth should smash mafia's heads (assuming that peace/cease fire fails) or he should start running towards terra's army.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:
Battlegrinder wrote:I'm thinking that toughing it out is the best choice, even though it puts quantum, vami, and Dienekes22 at greater risk.
I'm fine with this, personally. I can't begin to imagine a situation where a WageMage would ever not want to be at risk. High risk, high reward. I play for keeps. And other business cliches.
We're badasses, right?

We can do this.

Don't throw the stick at the Ancients. Instead, run with the Horselord through the Ancients and into the city.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:37 pm

I updated the last turn with detailled information about your character. Pay attention to your gears and abilities as some new players spent more than 8 cp and I had to make some adjustments.

I also added a summary of the objectives for each faction involved:
Spoiler
Show
The Heroes
- Find escape vehicles and get to the evacuation point.
* It is not mandatory for the heroes to stick together or to evacuate the map at the same time.

Tera's Army (Alex)
- Primary objective: Revive Bock
- Bonus objective: Revenge! You will receive bonus points for every hero you kill!

The Ancients (Lordintype)
:mystery:

Space Pirates (Theblackdog)
- Objective: Hijack as many ships as possible.
* Final score will be based on the cp value of all the ships under your command *

SCS Avoidance Mark 2 (Lord Mercat)
- Primary objective: Make sure Captain Maxwell safely evacuates from the battlefield.
- Bonus objective: Get Spacebeard and Pierro Mimsey.

Pierro Mimsey the sad clown (Zupponn)
- Create chaos and silliness

Noxarian Security (Bad Wolf?)
- Maintain order in the city by terminating anyone disrupting the peace.
- Eliminate the Ancients
- Eliminate the Space Pirates
- Keep the Savages away from the city
- Send two unit from the APC at the hospital to investigate the murder of the surgeon.
- Take the Noxarian cruiser back ot take it down!
* Bonus point for taking it from the pirates without destroying it *
Note: Noxarian Security cannot attack the Local Space Mafia
Dienekes22 wrote:Also, can I light my spear on fire in the burning forest to make it hit harder? Preferably without making me lose the spear or my own limbs...
Sure! (as long as you do not fail your dice roll)
Scratch wrote:This is something Law brought up in chat, is the APC hostile to Lawmaster? If it is, is it hostile to the rest of us because of his stupid action? Will his action make them hostile to us if he does attack them? Will MGB attacking him make them unhostile to us? I think we need to take these into account.
Noxsec's targets will be marked on an individual basis. Right now, everyone is fine because Noxsec wasn't there so they need to investigate what happened at the hospital first. At the end of the investigation, they will mark Garth and all his accomplices (if they find any) as target to be terminated.

Note that if a minifig that is marked decides to surrender by himself, he will not be harmed and instead be taken into custody (out of the game).
Bad Wolf wrote:Just finished reading through all of this, and I gotta say, it's pretty dam cool. If there are any spots available (hero, faction, whatever), I'll gladly take one.
Thank you! Would you like control of Noxsec?

M220
Minifig

Post by M220 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:53 am

BrickSyd wrote:If a marked minifig decides to surrender itself, it will not be harmed but instead taken into custody.
Thereby surviving the encounter (At least so it seems. But then that just makes it a brikwarsian moral failure.)

I know Bad Wolf was asked first, but I would appreciate if I could be considered for control of Nocsec.
Mnds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:47 pm

Can you swap the bastard launcher I have for an automatic pistol like in my original post (I apologize for any confusion regarding the original wording)? I'm fine with just throwing the grenades I get from grenadier rather than launching them, and the SMG will provide some options if I don't want to blow everything up.

Also, aren't heavy shields only 1 CP? I ask because the 2010 rulebooks says they are, and I could really use that extra CP for multitasking.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:12 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:Can you swap the bastard launcher I have for an automatic pistol like in my original post [...]

Also, aren't heavy shields only 1 CP? I ask because the 2010 rulebooks says they are, and I could really use that extra CP for multitasking.
My mistake about the shield.. it shouldn't even be there at all! I checked the rulebook again and automatic weapons are two-handed which means you can't equip a shield at the same time.

Also, the grenadier ability is quite powerful compared to most 1cp abilities so it should be worth at least 2cp IMHO so:
- Body armor = 1 cp
- Bastard machinegun = 6 cp
- Heavy shield = 1 cp
- Grenadier = 2 cp
- Multitasking = 2 cp

I am a bit confused now so if you could confirm how you're spending your 8 cp, that would be great!

M220 wrote:I know Bad Wolf was asked first, but I would appreciate if I could be considered for control of Nocsec.
I just sent a pm to Bad Wolf. If he change his mind, you'll get them otherwise you can have the next available faction (I SHOULD activate one more faction soon).