My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Re: My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

Post by Battlegrinder » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:31 pm

BrickSyd wrote:
Battlegrinder wrote:Can you swap the bastard launcher I have for an automatic pistol like in my original post [...]

Also, aren't heavy shields only 1 CP? I ask because the 2010 rulebooks says they are, and I could really use that extra CP for multitasking.
My mistake about the shield.. it shouldn't even be there at all! I checked the rulebook again and automatic weapons are two-handed which means you can't equip a shield at the same time.

Also, the grenadier ability is quite powerful compared to most 1cp abilities so it should be worth at least 2cp IMHO so:
- Body armor = 1 cp
- Bastard machinegun = 6 cp
- Heavy shield = 1 cp
- Grenadier = 2 cp
- Multitasking = 2 cp

I am a bit confused now so if you could confirm how you're spending your 8 cp, that would be great!

I don't recall all auto-weaponry being two handed. Let's go with:

-Grenadier = 2 cp
-Size 1 Machine gun (Use 3, Range 5, 1d6 damage) = 4 CP. This was what I meant by "automatic pistol", though I guess also calling it a SMG might've made things a bit confusing. Shoulda called a machine pistol, that's the more accurate term anyway. And I should be able to use a shield with this, since pistols are one-handed, I think (trying to get confirmation).
-Body armor = 1 cp
-Heavy shield = 1 cp

Sorry about the confusion. Also, multitasking is only 1 CP, IIRC.

EDIT: Ok, looks like deciding if automatic pistol + shield is ok is up to you. Odd that this hasn't come up until now.

Bad Wolf
Champion
Champion

Post by Bad Wolf » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:20 am

Alright time to get my orders in :) .

First off, deploy all the units in the APC (except for the pilot, of course). Have the units you need to do the investigation in the hospital take care of that, I'll leave that part completely up to you. The rest should run up along both sides of the APC (distributed along both sides of it as evenly as possible, with the riot officers in front ready to use their shields as necessary), and have them all hold position there for now. If my remaining 2 police officers are in range, have them combine fire on the rocketeer on the back of the Nox Cruiser. If not, have them save their actions for reaction fire along with the rest of the group for anyone that might approach with hostile intentions.

The APC should then fire rockets at the left engine of the Nox Cruiser, while the Nox Frigate comes in from the right blasting the other engine of the Cruiser with its lasers and/or rockets, whichever will be more effective.

I'm just going by the position of the Nox Cruiser as it is right now. If it moves before my turn, still try to take both of its engines, fudging as necessary.

That about wraps it up. Good luck and have fun everyone!
"You can't kill a dragon with four wizards!" -Random Guy on the Street

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:55 am

Yo Badwolf, you may want to send those orders by PM next time.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Bad Wolf
Champion
Champion

Post by Bad Wolf » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Silverdream wrote:Yo Badwolf, you may want to send those orders by PM next time.
Yeah I considered it. Then I realized I didn't really care, at least for this turn. Also it let you guys know I am prepared to defend myself should you choose to attack me :roll:

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:37 pm

Yo bad wolf you should totally not investigate that so we can be cool.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Bad Wolf
Champion
Champion

Post by Bad Wolf » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:49 pm

lawmaster wrote:Yo bad wolf you should totally not investigate that so we can be cool.
Haha I don't know if that's even up to me. I think BrickSyd will take the units for it no matter what. Of course, I would still do it regardless, as of course I'm in this to win (or at least cause as much carnage as possible :twisted: ).

M220
Minifig

Post by M220 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:45 pm

BrickSyd wrote:
M220 wrote:I know Bad Wolf was asked first, but I would appreciate if I could be considered for control of Nocsec.
I just sent a pm to Bad Wolf. If he change his mind, you'll get them otherwise you can have the next available faction (I SHOULD activate one more faction soon).
There's more? Honestly, I am impressed. :D
Oh cool, so I can have a faction after all.
Mnds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

Bad Wolf
Champion
Champion

Post by Bad Wolf » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:58 pm

M220 wrote:There's more? Honestly, I am impressed. :D
....Sewer Mutants incoming.......

M220
Minifig

Post by M220 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:04 pm

Bad Wolf wrote:
M220 wrote:There's more? Honestly, I am impressed. :D
....Sewer Mutants incoming.......
Meh. Truth is anyone could win.
Mnds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:35 pm

oh man.. wish I would have caught up on reading this a week ago instead of today! I totally missed out! haha build quality is impressive as always and so is literally everything else. :)

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:27 am

Thanks! :D
Battlegrinder wrote:-Size 1 Machine gun (Use 3, Range 5, 1d6 damage) = 4 CP.
Alright let's try that.

Staff Sargent Vance Dawes (Battlegrinder)
Staff Sargent Vance Dawes creates a grenade and puts it in his inventory.

Moving behind the plant to avoid attracting too much attention on himself, Vance Dawes enters the city and look at the mexican standoff:
"By the Great Dragon's scales, this look messy. Best stay out of it, tensions with ISM are high enough as it is."

Looking at the APC that just arrived in the city, he comment to himself:
"Now that's some quality armor. Wish our IFV's were that good."

But it's the stolen cruiser that really catch his attention:
"Oh, fancy ship. Wonder if we could get it away from the pirates before the locals blast it apart?"

The Space Detective (Scratch)
The Post-Apoc Survivor (alphafalcon541)
Jaras Kyfi (Falk)
Carlos Indiana Devine (mgb519)
Kapitan Bomba (Duerer)

A bit irritated by Tony's last comment, the Space Detective replies:

"Forgive my misstep? You know the code, if a Vendetta is in conflict with a Police State mission, the Mission has priority until its completion, so until my shit is done, you have to sit by the side, but afterwards I don't give a fuck, so wait your fucking turn, and step off. Bitch."

Taking a deep breath, the Space Detective put down his coffee..

Then he quickly draws his SMG at the leader of the local space mafia:

Space Detective: "However, if you don't want to spend another 5 years working your way up the rank ladder back to where you were yesterday, there's two ways we can do this. Either you and your Made Men step off and we co-operate against the Pirates until my mission is done, as the agreement between the Mafia and Police State states, or we settle this outside court, in the ancient tradition of a Ceremonial Mafia Rap Battle. Until you decide, however, there seems to be an angry clown and his group of balloon animals directly behind you, a huge angry ship to the left, and an army of Orks ETA 3 turns, so I'd suggest dealing with them first or you're going to die before you can fulfill your vendetta."

The Space Detective was about to contact HQ when Tony lowered his gun.

Tony: “I'm actually inclined to agree with you. Looks like the vendetta will have to wait. Normally, we would gladly stay and help you but not this time. I'm very sorry but your skill roll was a bit.. disappointing.”

One of the mafia car lands on the roof of the store after being signaled by Tony.

Tony: “But, as a sign of good faith and in order to perpetuate our good relations, we will leave you one car.”

Space Mafia Car:
Spoiler
Show
Size: 5 inches
Structure level: 3
Speed: 15 inches (VTOL)
Capacity: 1 driver + 3 passengers
2 x size 2 gun (forward fire)
2 x size 2 rocket (forward fire)
2 x size 1 gun (trunk)
4 x size 1 rocket (truck)
Tony turns to Carlos: “Congratulation Carlos. You just added a few more turns to your miserable life. We'll catch you later!”

The Local Space Mafia turn around and begin to walk away.

Now that the situation has been resolved with the Local Space Mafia, Kapitan Bomba, The Warg and Carlos decide to support Noxsec and attack the pirate trying to hijack the small blue frigate while Jaras take a defensive position.

Unfortunately, Carlos misses, the Warg is out of range and Kapitan Bomba doesn't deal enough damage to kill the pirate.

Realizing that messing with the civilian or Noxsec might get him in trouble, Garth switch target and decides to attack Tera's army instead.

He sprints an impressive distance of 16 inches but that's insufficient to reach the army.

R-90 (Brikguy0410)
R-90 takes advantage of the fact that Spacebeard is isolated to attack him but the damage is too low to take him down.

Spacebeard counterattack but the same thing happens (low damage).

Vera Zhrkvsk (Silverdream)
Vera gets out of the backstore wearing reinforced underwears.

Vera gains +1 armor!

The clerk, who looks very very happy and satisfied, follows her.

Clerk: “Hey sweetie! Don't forget your jacket!”

Vera puts on her jacket and exits the store. It is unclear how she paid for the armor as she still has all her money..

Outside, she notices the black car left by the mafia and comment:

Vera: “if you guys wanna take that vehicle, I am a pilot.”

Letholdus the Horselord (Dienekes22)
Daisuke (Vami IV)

Letholdus take a look around for loot but there's nothing of interest. He puts his lance in the burning wood and try to set it on fire.

Letholdus is very successful!

+1d4 fire damage added to your weapon!

Letholdus and Daisuke then move toward the city. The Ancients do not seem to care about them.

The Wagemage (Quantumsurfer)
The Wagemage takes a long look around..

There's an army of savages on his left...

Strange aliens behind him...

And Space Pirates on his right..

"Right in the thick of it.."

He grin maniacally.

Moving an angry inch and using his supernatural dice to add range to his melee attack, the Wagemage tries to spook a horse.

But the hit was so critical that the horse and his rider are thrown out of the map.

+18 xp!

The Wagemage approaches the white horse and tries to make it his thrall.

Not interested!

ImageThe Wagemage is kicked by the horse but he suffers no damage.

Tera's Army (Alex)
The malicious spirit tries to entangle the Wagemage in bureaucracy red tape but the Wagemage deflect the attack.

Tera shouts at the troops to motivate them: “First one to reach the city gets first pick of the loot!"

Then she lead by example and charge forward!

The whole army gets a movement bonus and follows Tera except for two riders that turn to face the Wagemage..

They move to attack!

Ridiculous defense roll is ridiculous...

Tera's army is now very close to the city.

The Sorcerer cast a fireball.

Kapitan Bomba loses 1 hp!

Captain Flash Maxwell (Lord Mercat)
The ghost of the now deceased Gimbles appears behind Captain Flash..

Biff: "Gimbles!"

Flash begins to negotiate for the crystal while Biff and Gimbles have an emotional reunion.

Flash: "A Nova sword? A priceless weapon for a timeless hero! There could be no greater combination! Surely you, noble shopkeeper, would like to take your place at the annals of history as the very man who gifted the legendary Captain Flash Maxwell with his greatest weapon? Such a legacy you could not possibly turn down! This shop would become the most sought-after arms warehouse in all this universe, and the next! Think of the advertisement such an endorsement brings with it!"

Success!

Clerk: "It's been an honor Captain. And of course, the cape and the body armor are on the house."

As soon as Flash plugs in the crystal, both Biff and Gimbles' souls are fused to the sword..

This should give the sword some interesting features!

Flash then turn towards the ladies who helped him out:

Flash: "Ladies, your Captain thanks you! Surely such magnificent damsels will never be forgotten! In thanks, I offer you ladies the greatest of opportunities! Follow me into the stars! Adventure, intrigue, and a lifetime of nonstop excitement awaits! Fly away with the greatest legend in the universe, the one, the only- Captain Flash Maxwell!"

Success! The three fans decide to follow flash!

Flash exit the shop with his newly acquired crewmates and flag down the Noxsec frigate:

Flash: "Ahoy there! My good friend, your crew and mine fought together on the outskirts of this planet to rid themselves of these very spacey rogues! Together, you and I can finish the job our crews began! I offer you the aid of the greatest Captain in the Universe- Captain Flash Maxwell! Give my crew and I a lift on top of your frigate over to your cruiser and we can drive those blaggards out and recapture your ship! To fight side by side with the greatest hero in the galaxy, there could be no greater honor!"

McQuain replies: "Your help to secure the city from the Pirates and the Savage will be appreciated! Thanks to you and your crew Captain!"

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:33 am

The Ancients (lordintype)
Both Officers teleport.

The first one reappears on the ramp of the smaller pirate frigate.

He enters the cargo compartment only to find it empty. There's a small control panel mounted on the wall near the hatch.

The second Officer lands on the larger pirate frigate with the two guardians and they try in vain to enter the ship.

They should be in a better position to coordinate their attack during the next turn...

Disrupted units recover while the rest of the Ancients steadily advance in the open area.

Space Pirates (Theblackdog)
The pirates on the Avoidance Mk.II force the hatch.

They get inside the Avoidance!

The Powder Master fires on the crew but he misses.

The mate who fell from the Avoidance move and recovers the rocket launcher.

Despite the range, he fire at the group of Ancients... and completely miss.

Spacebeard disengage from close combat with R-90 and run toward the yellow spacecraft.

He throws his equipment on the back seat, take control of the ship and attempts a heroic space captain feat.

He aims carefully...

and shoot the joint between the cockpit and the passenger module of the Noxarian frigate!

The passenger cabin falls on the roof of the store.

* The cabin suffers 1 point of structure damage from the fall. *
* Frigate movement reduced to 12 inches! *
* The frigate can purge the copilot seat in order to be able to reconnect the cockpit to the passenger cabin. *

The larger pirate frigate lower its altitude.

One mate gets out from the back hatch. He is carrying a control panel.

The mate with the control is dropped on the blue hovercraft and the frigate continues toward the city.

The pirate plugs in the control.

The hovercraft is now fully operationnal!

Moving at half speed since the loss of one engine, the smaller pirate frigate attacks the army of the Sad Clown with lasers and size three torpedoes..

* I forgot to fire the two smaller torpedoes under the cockpit so you still have those two at your disposal *

The lasers cannons miss, one torpedo pops the black dragon.

A sparkling explosion is created when the second torpedo hits a white balloon.

The larger pirate frigate fire four torpedoes and its four laser cannons at the Noxarian frigate..

Direct hit!

The Noxarian frigate loses 4 hit points! (2/6 remaining!)

The first mate in the stolen Noxarian cruiser fires a rocket at the space mafia car but he misses..

The pirates get back inside the cruiser and close the hatch while the ship gain some altitude..

The Noxarian cruiser rotates and fire its machine guns at the Ancients standing on their frigate!

One Guardian and the pirate frigate each lose 1 hit point!

A pirate gets in the small blue spacecraft and take off!

Light personal frigate:
Spoiler
Show
Size: 6 inches
Structure level: 3
Speed: 18 inches (VTOL)
Crew capacity: 1 pilot
2 x size 2 gun
2 x size 2 torpedoes
A minifig gets out of the building: "Hey! They're stealing my ship!"

SCS Avoidance Mk.II (Lord Mercat)
Admiral Faultworthy: "Blast it all! They got Gimbles! He was a magnificent soldier, let his death not be in vain! Suzy- remotely activate the speakers on the original Avoidance, the controls are patched through the console there!"

Suzy: "Yessir Admiral, activating Captain Flash's theme!"

Flash's theme begins blasting across the battlefield at full volume

Because heroes are ALWAYS stronger when their theme song is blasting in the background, Flash will get +1 to all rolls during the next turn!

Faultworthy: "Excellent! Now, prepare yourself, we're activating the Flash Drive! Let the spirit of the Captain guide us! ONWARDS TO GLORY AND A LIVING LEGEND!"

At this point, the ship vanish into thin air..

Pierro Mimsey the Sad Clown (Zupponn)
Pierro leap down from the roof.

Pierro: "Make space!"

Pierro hit the yellow frigate with his circus hammer!

The frigate is thrown in the air..

.. and knocks the pillar supporting the space mafia car!!...?

The mafia car falls on the roof of the medikal facility!

The vehicle suffers 2 points of damage! (3/5 hp remaining)

Staff Sargent Vance Dawes: "Well, now I've seen everything."

Spacebeard opens the side door of the yellow frigate so that his space parrot can get in.

* The Any of those frigates can purge their copilot seat in order to be able to reconnect the cockpit to the passenger cabin. *
:ftfy:

The inflated triceratop let itself float and is carried by the wind..

He gets on top of the Noxarian Cruiser!

The inflated T-Rex bites the wing of the small blue frigate!

No damage..

The Ringleader gets the smaller balloon animals together and they get ready for the circus.

Noxarian Security (Bad Wolf)
The doors of the APC open and the crew get out of the vehicle.

Two units get out from the back..

They get to the medikal facility.

The rest of the crew is deployed on both sides of the APC.

The pilot fire both rockets at the Stolen cruiser..

The rockets deal two points of damage to an engine!

* Engine structure down to 1/3 hp *
* Cruiser movement reduced to 10 inches *
* The cruiser also suffers one point of structural damage! (7/10 hp remaining) *

The security guards get to work..

The guards make most of the civilians gather together in a corner of the map so that Noxsec main force will have space to deploy and work.

Another APC arrives!

The pilots of the Noxarian frigate failed to do anything so they just stood there, overwhelmed by the poor state of their ship after only one turn.

The Avoidance reappears over the medikal facility.

* The pirates are still inside! *

Overwatch
Overwatch

CHARACTER SHEETS
From left to right:
1st row: Vera Zhrkvsk, The Space Detective, Kapitan Bomba, Staff Sargent Vance Dawes
2nd row: The Warg, Captain Flash Maxwell, Jaras Kyfi, Daisuke, Letholdus the horselord
3rd row: Garth Sneakyheadsmasher, Carlos Indiana Devine, R-90, The Wagemage
Spoiler
Show
Blue=Skill, White=Move, Green=Armor, Brown=Hit Points, Red=Damage, Clear=Supernatural
The Warg, Captain Flash Maxwell and Daisuke have one level point available!

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:15 pm

.. and knocks the pillar supporting the space mafia car!!...?
So chopping at the pillars with an axe can bring down a space craft like a tree??
:D

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Use psychic powers to guide pipebomb into spacebeard's craft and detonate it with extra force. If he gets out, shoot him.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Take one of the Ancient's fallen blades and continue moving to the city. If someone could Magix the Horselord and I into the Cruiser, that'd be great.