My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Re: My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

Post by Falk » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Put on the healing aura once the post-apoc survivor comes to heal us.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Smoke a cigarette while waiting to be revived. Consider reincarnation.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Jaras Kyfi (Falk)
Jaras' farce ghost disappears.

The healing aura reappears around his corpse.

Carlos' Spirit (mgb519)
The Possessed hunter rushes the remaining Savages and starts throwing axes at them.

The first axe falls a couple of inches ahead of Carlos.

The second one delivers a precise and powerful hit that decapitate the Guard
Carlos gains 7.5xp!

Captain Flash Maxwell (Lord Mercat)
Flash has a critical revelation as he remarks to himself:
"By my moxie! Naturemancers! Those fiends, I never suspected that mere savages could be capable of such a feat! Moving a tree into the very path of my peerless technique! Only a being as foul as a naturemancer possesses such fiendish powers, I'll have to report this to Spacefleet, our files don't list them as existing this far outside of the Walden System, but first!"

Flash moves to the top of the tree.
"As the legend standing before you now, I, Captain Flash Maxwell will not suffer your evil powers to exist any longer! You've manipulated your last tree, demons! By galactic code #1347, article #24, paragraph #127, line #6- Naturemancy is a crime against Spacefleet, Foliage, and the precious sensibilities of children everywhere! Prepare yourselves...."

Striking a pose under the sunlight, Flash continues:
"From the justice invested in me by the workings of our tireless and engorged bureaucracy, I hereby end your time on the plane of non-philosophical existence- Maxwell Special Technique #36!"

Flash supercharges his beamsaber and jumps!
"Astral Flair!"

He fails and entangle himself again in the foliage but the power of the Almighty Benny keeps the beamsaber going.
It even starts to spin!

:byzero:

Flash gains 10xp and reaches level 4 !(+1 hit point)

Secret Faction 1 (NPC)
Not that far, in space..
“Captain! We are witnessing sheer moxie and awesome on Noxar!”
“Yarwrr!”

Garth Sneakyheadkiller (lawmaster)
Garth body remains on the ground.

Mosm the Redeemed (Kalvinator - Idle)
Mosm notices smoke on top of the mountain.

The Post-Apoc Survivor (alphafalcon541)
The Post-Apoc Survivor locates his weapon.
He bypasses the fire and recovers it.

The stick that went off the map (Laws of Kaos and Koincidence)
Business as usual..
Spoiler
Show
I have no idea what to do with the stick. I kept it just in case I needed a deus ex machina.

OVERVIEWS
OVERVIEWS

Detailled Character sheets
Spoiler
Show
Vera Zhrkvsk (Silverdream)
Level: 4
XP: 0/16
Skill: 1d10
Move: 5”
Armor: 1d8
HP: 0
DMG: Normal
SP: None
Abilities: Piloting (1cp) and Compensating (1cp)
Carrying: Nothing
CP: 0

The Space Detective (Scratch)
Level: 3
XP: 4/12
Skill: 1d6
Armor: 1d6
HP: 0/2
Ability: Mechanikal Aptitude (2cp)
Carrying: Tool, knife.

The Post-Apoc Survivor (alphafalcon541)
Level: 5
XP: 7/20
Skill: 1d4
Armor: 1d8
HP: 0/1
DMG: +3
Ability: Medikal Training (1cp)
Carrying: Crossbow, restoration potion
CP: 1

Captain Flash Maxwell (Lord Mercat)
Level: 4 (Spacefleet Captain)
XP: 5/16
HP: 1
DMG: +1
SP: 1d10+1d6+1d4
Ability: Medikal Training (1cp)
Carrying: Beamsaber, apple, briefcase
CP: 1

Mosm the Redeemed (Kalvinator)
Level: 3 (Paladin)
XP: 0/12
Move: 4” (dwarf)
Armor: 1d8+1 (helmet)
HP: 0/1
Abilities: None

Jaras Kyfi (Falk)
Level: 3 (Jedi)
XP: 8/12
Move: 6”
SP: 1d6+1d4
CP: 2

Garth Sneakyheadkiller (lawmaster)
Level: 2
XP: 7/8
Move: 6”
Abilities: Stealth (2cp), Pathfinding (1cp)
Carrying: Dagger

Carlos Indiana Devine (mgb519)
Level: 6 (Psychic)
XP: 21,5/24
Skill: 1d10
SP: 2d10

The forest is clear and Flash managed to make a deal with the Raiders so that you can enter the city! :tiger:
You now have some time to recover (eating will restore hp).

Please post orders detailing your actions for the next few turns so that I can speed things up a little.
Also you need to decide where you want to go from now. Your three main options are:
- Explore the cave and come back to the city after.
- Deliver the chest to the Raiders and enter the city.
- Keep the chest and find another way to reach your contact.

AWAITING ORDERS!

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Hammerman. Hehehe. :D

Don't worry about having nothing to do with the stick yet. The idea will come to you with time. :wink:

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:19 am

So did I lose an hp somewhere along the way? it lists as 0/1 so I'm not sure? Anyway, Flash frees himself from that blasted tree, and if he is missing an hp point, eat the apple to recover it.

"Haha, the same trick won't work on me twice, no naturemancer is a match for my Astral Flair!" Flash then proceeds to free himself from the tree.

After landing back on the ground, Flash remarks to himself, and anyone else who might be listening: "At last, the scourge of naturemancy is purged from these lands! Thanks to the quick and heroic actions of myself, the Magnificent Captain Flash Maxwell, it would seem that the day is saved once again! Its times like these that reveal that I truly am the universe's greatest Captain!" Flash turns his attention to poor Garth and the chest (after recovering his beamsaber), first reviving Garth.

"Do not worry, loyal Orc, your brave and heroic Captain would never leave you behind! Now, lets see, how did this go in spacefleet med training... ah yes, just sever these arteries and..." After reviving (use supernatural abilities to boost revival success rate) Garth, bring the chest to the raiders as promised:

"Here you are sir Guardian, the chest you required for safe passage to the golden city you guard with such passion! An honest wage for a noble man and his loyal crew! And don't worry about thanking me for taking care of those naturemancers for you, though I'm sure you are in awe of my considerable talents, I can assure you I only use them for the benefit of the universe, and the simple knowledge that I have saved it yet again, is thanks enough!" Flash then remarks offhand to himself: "Ah, my sheer talent and unadulterated awesome are only matched by my humility!"

"Now, to put those considerable talents, and dashing flair of mine to use saving the remainder of my trusty crew!"

After paying off the raiders, Flash should travel back and revive whoever is closest to him, such as the space detective, etc use supernatural abilities to increase movement to those in need of revival, and to aid in revival, if we are doing several turns at once here. If we've still got time, return to the gateway and prepare to enter the city, ready to react to any violence with charisma, charm, and even more violence in return(violence only if necessary).

TO OTHER PLAYERS- I would advise that Post Apoc Survivor go forward and revive everyone in his range to speed up recovery. Also, I think it would be a good idea if those closest to the cave and still alive/capable enough (or maybe after revival) to access it to go and see what it is we need in there before shit hits the fan.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:20 am

Lord Mercat wrote:So did I lose an hp somewhere along the way?
You didn't there was a mistake in the character sheet. Sorry about that. I also fixed the Space Detective skill.

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:56 am

Once I get healed, go with whoever goes into the cave.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Attempt to repossess my body and revive myself through sheer strength of will and spirit and psyche.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Can someone revive me? and the rest of the team while we're at it? The Ker-triage skill doesn't need anything but wits, so we should use that to bring back the team and save the potion. If someone critical fails we can use the potion. Also, next time I go into cover I'm going to where they don't have a line of sight on me, learning from my mistakes and all.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Just a quick question- about xp, would my brokering of a deal with the raiders merit any xp upon successful delivery of the chest, or is xp only gained via combat and ker-triaging?
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:36 am

While your deal with the Raiders will not give you any xp, you will get free xp if you complete the delivery of the briefcase. You should have picked up a fight if you wanted xp from the raiders. :sparta:

The recovery turns are completed even if I didn't receive orders from everyone.. Expect an update soon.
Scratch wrote:The Ker-triage skill doesn't need anything but wits
The Overlord wrote:Additional Medix at the scene can assist in Ker-Triage!, each increasing the die rolled by one die size, to a maximum of 1d12.
:busted:
But don't worry. It didn't go that bad even if both mediks are incompetent :lol:

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Head over to the base, kill anything stupid enough to piss me off.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Luckily for the group, I already fudged orders for all players for the recovery turns so you will have to wait for the update to send more.

Also, pimping up your orders a little would be appreciated, especially if you are going to take a whole week to post them.
alphafalcon541 wrote:Head over to the base, kill anything stupid enough to piss me off.
Really? The base is 40 inches away from your last location. At 5"/turn, you will reach it in 8 turns and will likely be alone when you will encounter the four minifigs patrolling around the door seeing as the others players are spending their time recovering. At four versus one, you are likely to be killed if they piss you off. You might want to reconsider this..

I'm glad to see you are still there though.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Sorry not thinking, no sleep and soda, umh.

The soldier of the apocalypse straightens his helmet and points his arm to the sky, "My brethren I know you watch from our low atmosphere drop ship I commandeered from the ESF, though you no longer recognize me as your brother, for the final time fight with me for glory and till death. Remember the city of Reyo where you found me bleeding in the gutters, you gave me a chance to live again, do so again and fight with me. I call upon you to bring the thunder."

Possible dropship with more apocalypse soldiers,

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Now were talking.

The recovery lasted roughly 5 turns. Remember that you can loot (basically) anything, from food that can be eaten later to weapon and armor pieces that will increase your stats.

"Haha, the same trick won't work on me twice, no naturemancer is a match for my Astral Flair!", says Flash as he proceeds to free himself from the tree.

"At last, the scourge of naturemancy is purged from these lands! Thanks to the quick and heroic actions of myself, the Magnificent Captain Flash Maxwell, it would seem that the day is saved once again! Its times like these that reveal that I truly am the universe's greatest Captain!"

The Possessed Savage retake possession of an axe.

He then heads back for the mountain.

Looking for a path to go and help the others, the Post-Apoc Survivor realizes that there is no way he can go through the forest because of the fire. He has to go the long way around.

“Gonna need this..”

He then heads for the rest of the group, a little behind the Possessed Savage.

He stops by the Space Detective corpse.

Time to put those medikal skills to good use..
Reviving the Space Detective required major amputations but it worked.. (The Post-Apoc Survivor gains +6xp!)

Flash recovers his beamsaber and gets to Garth.

"Do not worry, loyal Orc, your brave and heroic Captain would never leave you behind! Now, lets see, how did this go in spacefleet med training... ah yes, just sever these arteries and..."

1 amputation was required to revive Garth.
Flash gains +5xp!

Flash puts his beamsaber in his inventory so that he and Garth can bring the chest to the Raiders.

"Here you are sir Guardian, the chest you required for safe passage to the golden city you guard with such passion! An honest wage for a noble man and his loyal crew! And don't worry about thanking me for taking care of those naturemancers for you, though I'm sure you are in awe of my considerable talents, I can assure you I only use them for the benefit of the universe, and the simple knowledge that I have saved it yet again, is thanks enough!" Flash then remarks offhand to himself: "Ah, my sheer talent and unadulterated awesome are only matched by my humility!"

Back to his corpse, Carlos spirit gets ready to leave his host and revive himself through sheer strength of will and spirit and psyche..

Behind him, the Post-Apoc Survivor revives Jaras (+6xp!)

With the added power of the Almighty Benny, Carlos was able to revive himself..
Carlos gains +9xp! - Level up!
This had the unfortunate side effect of freeing the mind of the Savage, who instantly attack Carlos..

But the beast is shot in the back by the Space Detective!

The Space Detective gains +9xp and reaches level 4!

He then eat some apples to recover his missing hit points.

So do Mosm and the Post-Apoc Survivor.

After recovering their gears, Jaras and Carlos start to plan their next move.
“You think we should go in the cave?”
“There's only one way to know for sure.”

Flah turns around while the leader pry the chest open using his crowbar.
"Now, to put those considerable talents, and dashing flair of mine to use saving the remainder of my trusty crew!"

He then proceeds to check the content.

“A short sword..”

“A crystal worth 100cp”

“A vitality potion”

“A bottle of vodka.”

“VODKA!!”
Vera is revived.

First dropping his axe, the Post-Apoc Survivor moves in the open, pointing his arm to the sky.
"My brethren I know you watch from our low atmosphere drop ship I commandeered from the ESF, though you no longer recognize me as your brother, for the final time fight with me for glory and till death. Remember the city of Reyo where you found me bleeding in the gutters, you gave me a chance to live again, do so again and fight with me. I call upon you to bring the thunder."

“Yes sir it's him. He's transmitting on the emergency channel.”
“Send some Drop Pods. With the never ending fight on New Reyo II, that's all we can affort to send.”

Overwatch AND CHARACTER SHEETS
Overwatch AND CHARACTER SHEETS