Crisis at the Oasis

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Crisis at the Oasis

Post by aoffan23 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:05 pm

NOTE: THERE IS NO SIGN-UP. The spots have been claimed for a while, so please don't ask for a spot.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere in the deserts of It'sLamb:

The desert sun beams down on a small settlement, which was built around an ancient fortress. The oasis to the west was much bigger when it was built, but has now been reduced to a small pond.

On this particular day, four mysterious men have gathered in the courtyard of the fortress. Who are these men, you ask?

Johnny Silver, an assuming mercenary who dabbles in robotics and electronic music when he's not on a mission. (Silverdream)

Crimson Falcon, the son of a military commander who prefers to fight on his own terms. (alphafalcon)

Sir Catch, a former general with a head the size of a planet, and an ego to match. (Scratch)

Ivan the fourth, a shady character who's seen on the battlefield, but nowhere else. (Vami_IV)

But what brings our four heroes to this spot today?

Johnny: So Ivan, why did you- I mean, your father call us here?
Ivan: Hey, those were my orders, okay? Anyway, we're here because my fath- because I received word that the Red Giant is looking to take control of this fortress to use as a desert base.
Falcon: But this fortress is completely useless! It's nothing but ruins and abandoned military structures.
Catch: Why would he want such a small base anyway?

Well hello there, my diminutive friends. A beautiful day to die, isn't it?

Well, that explains the small fortress.

I HEARD THAT! How did you manage to be one step ahead of me, anyway? No matter! It's not like you'll be able to do anything with those puny things you call guns?
Well I doubt that beefed up TV remote is going to do anything to us, either.
Oh, you mean my brainwave blaster? I'm not planning to use this on you. I found some more.... "willing" targets.

Go forth my puppets! Squash these fools like the insects they are!
*Whuppa whuppa whuppa whuppa*

Mind-controlled civilians move in from the north, south and west sides. Armed with nothing but swords and axes, they should be no match for our heroes' guns... right?

Overwatch:

Map Details:
Spoiler
Show
This corner of the board features a small bunker and wall, as well as a parts chest.

This corner has an old military guard tower, another wall, and some trees.

This corner contains the oasis, some market booths from a caravan come and gone, some more trees, and the other parts chest.

Last but not least, some ruins (including a parapet) and a tree.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This battle is going to be using the rules/"rules" from the Weapon Crafting thread.

I did some thinking and was originally going to make this a chat battle, but decided on a different solution. I'm going to be going through the turns three at a time (at least at first) to make things go faster. When you send orders, make a plan as to how you want those three turns to go.
Example wrote:Shoot the two remaining guys. Once they are killed, move toward the parts chest in the oasis, and open it if I can reach it.
I'll use my judgement to make response actions unless you've specified how you want to respond (e.g. not firing with a launcher to save ammo).

At the end of three turns, I'll post overviews of the battlefield, everyone's parts inventories, and any information about the following turn (enemy spawns, parts chests, etc.)

Crafting: When you want to craft something, just post a picture of the item you'd like to craft. This picture can be a photograph, an MS Paint drawing, an LDD screenshot, or whatever you choose. As long as I can tell what you want to make, it works. There are times when an item looks like it could have one of two effects. For example, a chain could be an ammo belt (making it a machine gun) or an actual chain (making it a grappling/bola weapon). Because of this, it's a good idea to add a description of what you think the item should do. Hell, give it a clever name if you'd like.

Some notes/rules I'm trying out:
- Weapon sizes will be fudged. If it looks like your minifig can hold it with one hand, he can. If it gets too big for that, then he holds it with two hands. If it gets too big for that, then it will be a mounted weapon (cannot move and fire).
- Your minifigs can use both hands. If you have two one-handed weapons (like the two pistols everyone has), then you can use both of them.
- In hope of speeding up the start of the game, every player's first kill will give them 5 parts. Every kill after that gives you one part.
- I will be giving out extra parts for crafting creative/clever/ossum items, so don't just think of normal guns. There are plenty of neck brackets in the bag!
- Parts chests will open randomly. At the end of every turn I'll roll a d4 for each chest, and on a 4 the chest will open.
- Your minifigs have a skill of d8, because dice hate me and I don't want to drag this on forever.

Remember to be awesome, and enjoy the shit out of this. you're not just entertaining yourself, you're entertaining the forum. Creativity and a sense of humor are key to this battle.

So without further ado,

Post those orders, mofos!
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Re: Crisis at the Oasis

Post by Vami IV » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:07 am

I think 2 of us should move for the chests, or all of us to the east.
Opinions?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:10 am

Since we're kind of co-operating and trying to do the most awesome shit possible, I think it may be easier to post orders in thread. If we want to screw each other over, then I think it's all in good fun.

@Vami, I'm heading towards the southeast chest.

My orders:
Spoiler
Show
"That gun would make a perfect LCD soundsystem..."

Johnny's pistols are sonic based, and work by emitting a short concentrated blast of electronic music. He will attempt to do some sweet parkour onto that railing, using both pistols to propel himself (southeast on the Overwatch pic). His goal is to move towards the south east parts chest, and he will shoot at any enemies in range, in order of closest to farthest.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:13 am

Move to the "North" windows, take shots at the horde as it comes into range, if one gets through the doorway, or gets close to a window, prioritize that first. In the crafting stage, try to merge the two pistols into a rifle where one scope looks into the other, increasing the range or something.
Remember the Alamo...
Last edited by Scratch on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:13 am

Character specs:
Ivan is a skilled gunman, and he wields to semi-auto pistols.

My Orders:
Ivan will run (sprint) Northwest towards to other parts chest, and try to hold it from any motherfucker that tries his/her/their luck with him. If I can loot the chest, bring it's contents back to the ruins.
Last edited by Vami IV on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:15 am

Changing my orders, I think you guys may be right in that I'm underestimating the mooks.

Craft sonic pistols into sonic jetpack, and head to the southeast chest. Try to fly back when parts are gotten.
Image lol j/k

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:22 am

Orders changed.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:25 pm

Use the market stalls as cover to take out targets. If possible set the market stall on fire and push it into the incoming hoard, then move to parts chest in the center of the market

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Sorry about the delay, but I've taken some extra shifts at work. Turn should be up tomorrow night.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
I agree with Warhead.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Oh man, the terrain and the overall presentation looks astonishing already. Can't wait to see how this plays out!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:55 pm

More delay, but the pictures have been taken, the points have been tallied, and the parts have been picked. They will be uploaded tomorrow night (for real this time). At this point Scratch is looking like a total badass.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
I agree with Warhead.