Page 1 of 2

The trolley problem. Finished

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:14 pm
by hacos
Welcome to my first forum battle.

Once upon a time in a hypothetical situation, a test subject is standing by a lever. Her friend lies helpless on the tracks and the train is coming.
Image
On the other line the construction crew is protesting, because they weren´t paid to build this place. Will she flip the lever to save her friend, even if this endangers four other people?
Image
In the back the mafia arrives to "handle" the labour dispute.
Image

The Teams:

The test subjects ninja_bait
They have no idea how they got here. One minute just relaxing on the beach and now in charge of
deciding over life and death.
Image
Left to right.
Julia:
parasol (two handed weapon)

Jeff:
Heroic ego
harpoon (long ranged weapon)
flippers (-1 to speed, sprinting and bailing; +3 to style while sprinting)

Tim:
auxiliary diving tank (unstable explosive, no detonator, might explode if thrown)
live vest (light armor, deflates after one hit)
glass of liquid curage (when drunken as free action: roll 1d6 each turn; 1 you throw up a lot -> disrupted and the effect ends; 2-3 you throw up -> disrupted; 4-6 gain +1 to skill and +2 to armor for this turn)

Dave:
spade (hand weapon)
metal detector (minifig tool, might help with finding things)

The constuction crew Silent-sigfig
Image
Jaque le Boeuf:
Two spades (hand weapons)

Pierre de la forêt:
Heroic ego
chainsaw (heavy weapon)
oil can (minifig tool, create oil slicks and stuff, also flamable)

Jaquline du train:
nailgun (long ranged weapon)

Luc le stagiaire:
buzz saw (hand weapon)
shield

The mafia Kommander Ken
Image
Marlo "the brain"
Heroic ego
pistol
a letter with an offer you can´t refuse.

Charlie "the face"
pistol
coffee mug (when drunken as free action: gives +2 to skill for this turn and -2 to skill for next turn)

Luigi, makes accidents happen
explosive
wrench (hand weapon)

George "the muscle"
club (heavy weapon)
shank (hand weapon)

Overwatch
Image

Apply now! Send orders via PM. Choose, who gets to be the hero of your team.
If more people want to join, I can pull secret factions out of my Assorted Storage System. (one for lordintype)
Julia will get one action before normal initative starts.

Re: The trolley problem. Apply now

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:01 am
by Silent-sigfig
I'll play the construction crew please!

Re: The trolley problem. Sign up

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:11 am
by hacos
Done.
Who of them will be the hero?

Re: The trolley problem. Sign up

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:17 am
by Kommander Ken
Man I thought this was a weird spambot thread until I checked.

I'll take the Mafia.

Re: The trolley problem. Sign up

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:38 am
by hacos
Understandable.
Also who will be your teams hero.

Re: The trolley problem. Sign up

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:46 pm
by Kommander Ken
Marlo for sure.

Re: The trolley problem. Sign up

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:12 pm
by lordintype
Well, could I take a secret faction?

Re: The trolley problem. Sign up

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:56 pm
by hacos
Ok.
We still need a player for the test subjects and Silent-sigfig needs to choose the hero for the construction crew.

Re: The trolley problem. Sign up

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:16 am
by ninja_bait
I'll play test subjects.

Our hero will be the dude on the tracks

Re: The trolley problem. Sign up

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:24 am
by hacos
Ok then we are complete.

For turn 0: ninja_bait, will she pull the lever or leave it were it is?

After that, we will start with turn 0.

Re: The trolley problem. Sign up

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:08 am
by ninja_bait
hacos wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:24 am
Ok then we are complete.

For turn 0: ninja_bait, will she pull the lever or leave it were it is?

After that, we will start with turn 0.
PULL THE LEVER KRONK

Re: The trolley problem

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:08 pm
by hacos
Turn 0

Julia pulls the lever and sends the speeding driverless train towards the striking workers. She is very aware of the judgemental stares from all sides.
Image
Luc tries to bail but falls flat on his face.
Image
The train smashes through the puny barricade, barely losing momentum and crashes into Luc. His remains are splattered far and wide. The train remains undamaged.
Image

Overwatch
Image
Image

With that we enter into normal initiative. Please send you orders via PM and use the thread to shout at each other.
silent sigfig still has to choose who is the hero of his team. The choice just got a bit easier. :twisted:

Re: The trolley problem

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:34 pm
by Tzan
I like how the new season of The Good Place has started :D

Re: The trolley problem. Send orders

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:55 pm
by hacos
Additional information: the train hasn´t stopped. Smashing the barrier and killin Luc didn´t slow it down much.

Re: The trolley problem. Send orders

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:53 pm
by hacos
Turn 1

Initiative:
Construction workers: 20
Mafia: 18
Test subjects: 9
Train: 8

Construction workers:
Pierre throws his oil can at the gas cylinder, but critfails, dousing himself and the ground around in oil.
Image

He runs back to the pile of burning tires to throw one at the mafia.
Image

But he fails and lights himself on fire. (heroic feat failed hard)
Image

Jaque and Jaquline run to attack the mafia. One of Jaques hits is parried by Charlies mug, the other misses. Jaquline misses Luigi.
Image


Mafia
Charlie and George get the gas cylinder and bring it to Marlo.
Image

Luigi fixes his explosive to it and lights the fuse. Marlo tries to kick the cylinder into the constriuction workers.
Image

But he fails and only kicks the bomb away killing a bird and singeing the shrubbery. (heroic feat failed)
He also tries to shoot Jaque but doesn`t kill him.
Image


Test subjects
Jeff gets up and jumps on the speeding train. (heroic feat success)
He wants to run someone over, but there is nobody on the rails anymore.
Image

Dave and Tim sprint and get on the firetruck, while Julia stubbornly stands by her lever.
Image

Jeff shoots at Pierre, while the train drives by, but it isn't enough to kill him. The train contiues to the edge of the hypothetical situation.
Image

It disappears and reenters on the other side with something in tow.
Image


From the edge of the map a megaphone-amplified voice is heard: "This thought experiment is not authorised. Cease all activity or be arrested! You are being charged with wasting of cogitive capacity and destruction of imaginary property! use of lethal force authorised!"

New secret faction: Big brother and the thought police played by lordintype
Image


Wow! Nobody died. How did that happen?
Send your orders for turn 2.

Overwatch
Image