Project: Reeve Signup

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Elmagnifico

Project: Reeve Signup

Postby Elmagnifico » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Elmagnifico said: I'm thinking about doing a Hungry City Chronicles brikwar, with Traction Cities, the Anti-Tractionists, Stalkers, and possibly the Zagwan Air Fleet. It's going to take a while to perfect the Traction Cities, (it's probably going to be Munich or Zurich, or possibly Vienna,) so Project: Reeve isn't going to be up for a long time.

Well, this is it! I know I said it wouldn't be up for a while, but signup for this brikwar is going to be different, so I'm putting up the details now.

The Setting:

This battle is going to take place in a pass of the Ghengai Range, a little-known region of the Anti-Traction League's border with the Hunting Ground.

Factions:

The Citybusters

-Silent Sigfig
Backstory: The Citybusters are an elite division of Japanese Anti-Tractionists, who defend the troubled White Pass from predator-cities.
Hero: General Toryu
Major Constructs: Batmunkh Gompa-the invincible wall,
Special Ability: Mad Ninja Skillz; All units get +2 in hand-to-hand combat and +1d6 dodge.

The Anti-Traction League Air Forces

-Tahthing
Backstory: When they heard Copenhagen was coming to dinner, the Anti-Tractionists scrambled all their available craft in the area.
Hero: Captain Santos
Major Constructs: Ngoni-class airfrigate -Sigaw Na Bala, 3 Murnauian heavier-than-air assault craft
Special Ability: Parachutes; All units are equipped with a parachute that enables them to descend to the ground unharmed, provided nobody hits them.

The Iron Revenants

-lrdofbricks
Backstory: The Iron Revenants are a platoon of Sleeper Stalkers, set to guard a hidden military supply depot by their ancient ruler. They were awakened when Clydeside ate the top off their base. Their subsequent attack landed them a suburb of their own, and they are now steaming for Batmunkh Gompa for unknown reasons. Who knows what Old Tech superweapons they may posess?
Hero: Stalker Hess
Major Constructs: Suburb of Clydeside
Special Ability: Stalkerism; +1 d6 to all rolls. Any dead stalker may be resurrected by a Stalker Tech.

The Red Eagles

-thablackdog
Backstory: These scoundrels are a group of Sky Pirates. Their three airships are a force to be reckoned with.
Hero: Lord Cloudsword
Major Constructs: Airship fleet; 2 Jhaniver-class airfrigates -Aerovore -Saint Michael , the flagship Oppel-class airship -Skybreaker
Special Ability: Acrobatix; Units must roll a 1 to fail in jumps, flips, and other such derring-do.

The City of Copenhagen

-Ross_Varn
Backstory: With prey becoming scarcer and scarcer in the Hunting Ground, Mayor Abskirksen has decided to sate his city's hunger on the metal and fuel of the White Pass Airship Depot.
Hero: Lord Mayor Abskirksen
Major Constructs: Copenhagen,
Special Ability: Krystallskin; units get +2 defense against ranged attacks.

Copenhagen Air Forces

-Moronstudios
Backstory: Copenhagen is one of the best-equipped cities still on the Hunting Ground, and their air force promises to be a potent factor in the upcoming battle.
Hero: Captain Fokker
Major Constructs: Rhictofen-class attack ship -Octan Ranger, three Billundian mercenary heavier-than-air craft.
Special Ability: Elite Training; all units get +3 usage rolls.

Secret Faction

-RLDC
Backstory: Classified
Hero: Not Telling
Major Constructs: Still Not Telling
Special Ability: My lips are sealed

Okay, signup for this forum battle is going to be a little bit different. Instead of my giving out control on a first-come, first-serve basis, each faction shall have a trivia question from Philip Reeve's Hungry City Chronicles.

PM YOUR ANSWERS TO ME! DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWER ON THIS TOPIC!

Whoever answers the question correctly for any given faction by PM-ing me the answer first, will gain control of that faction. You may only guess for one faction. Once you have guessed for one faction, you may guess again if you are wrong, but you can only guess again for that faction. Limit one faction per account.

Special Units:

Stalker-Bat; Aerial cyborgs, these creatures act as the Iron Revenants' air force. They get +1 attack dice when attacking in groups.

Anti-Stalker Trooper; Armed with the lightning rifles invented by the New Londoners, these troopers devastate Stalkers, who only get 1 defense die against them, but are ineffective against non-Stalkers, who need two hits from the rifles before they go down. All three non-Stalker factions have these, but the Copenhageners have the most.

Iron Dragon; Armed with a long-range-fireball-spitting-flamethrower-rifle, these men devastate airships and other hydrogen-filled constructs.

Questions;

Citybusters: Which Green Storm general is described as a "half-stalker" in Infernal Devices?

Anti-Traction League Air Forces: Name the airships that attack Tom and Hester in the beginning of Predator's Gold.

Iron Revenants: Who resurrected Stalker Grike after Tom kills him in Mortal Engines?

Red Eagles: What city is a popular hangout of all Airship captains, who take advantage of its convenient location in the clouds?

City of Copenhagen: What is the name of the last American city, a Traction-town that roams the polar icecap in Predator's Gold?

Copenhagen Air Forces: What is the most devastating weapon at the disposal of the Guild of Historians in Mortal Engines?

Secret Faction: What is the strange device used to kidnap Wren Natsworthy in Infernal Devices?

Citybusters: Silent Sig-Fig
ATLAF: Tahthing
Iron Revenants: Lrdofbricks
Red Eagles: theblackdog
City of Copenhagen: Ross_Varn
Copenhagen Air Force: Not taken
Secret Faction: RLDC
Last edited by Elmagnifico on Thu May 14, 2009 2:18 am, edited 13 times in total.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Silent-sigfig » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:57 pm

I'll be city busters. General Nygo, or nYoga. He married that one professor, and kamikazed into harrowbarrow
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Elmagnifico » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Close enough, but you were supposed to PM me.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Silent-sigfig » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:04 pm

oh. Oh well. How will you build the cities?
BFenix wrote:

Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Elmagnifico » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:17 pm

I have a claw-tank from the Mars Mission series, which I will use as the base for either Copenhagen or Clydeside. The other will probably be made out of the bits from the LWAR juggernaught you can see in The Battle of I-75.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Silent-sigfig » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:31 pm

Ah. So the treads will be...vanuarable.
BFenix wrote:

Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby jifel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:29 pm

Blast. I have never read the series, and I can't find the Red eagles answer, which is sad. :(
Must keep looking!
Want to tell me which book, so I can borrow it from the library?! :wink:

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:30 am

Red Eagles, please. I don't think Jifel specifically said that he'd sign up for that. If he did, I'll change my pick to Copenhagen.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby jifel » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:54 am

I had not.

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Postby pesgores » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Whoa-like signup. Don't count me in.

(when I finally made it on time!!! :x )
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:10 pm

Wow. I love those books. Unfortunately, i am no good at trivia, so I can't answer... :cry:
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:21 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Wow. I love those books. Unfortunately, i am no good at trivia, so I can't answer... :cry:

WIKIPEDIA.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:49 pm

How about some hints? It seems like you might end up with fewer players than factions. Also, your method of choosing players ensures that EVERYONE will know what the "secret" faction is.

From what I've seen, though, I love the game idea.
Last edited by Theblackdog on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Oh wait. DUH. I just went through my books, and realized that the last American city is...

Anchorage.

Which makes sense. Away from the big cities, it would survive both the Sixty-Minute War and other cities chasing it. At least, until it came under the grip of a plague...

Tom and Hester run across it on their way across the ice flats. It becomes a battleground, and they run with it across the ice plain. At the last book, they leave it on their last adventure.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Elmagnifico » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Ok, the only factions that haven't been guessed correctly are the Iron Revenants and the Secret Faction. So, here are the premade hints.

Iron Revenants: This answer is not revealed until much later, in Infernal Devices.
Secret Faction: No hint. If nobody guesses this when I'm finished building, the secret faction is mine.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Next

Return to Forum Battles