Brikspace Turn 8

They're all the rage

Moderators: Elmagnifico, BrickSyd

Brikspace Turn 8

Postby Theblackdog » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:15 am

The final turn approaches!

The fighters charge, and the bomber does two points of damage to the freighter. One more hit will kill it. I didn't have any good way to show the hits on the freighter because it's studless -- sorry.

The defense field frigate continues to brake.

The Republic frigate makes a last-ditch ramming attack on the Hellfury, but since it's a head-on attack the Hellfury has a chance to respond with its main gun. The last Coalition warship is out of the game -- it's up to the fighters now.

The freighter continues to drift along.

The Tiger Shark frigate decelerates hard and aims both its guns at the fighter squadron. One direct hit takes out the bomber.

The Hellfury rotates around and fires a missile from its rear launcher. The rear-firing light missiles are more accurate than the main gun and forward-firing heavy missiles. It has 15 light missiles left, although I suspect that this statistic is rather moot.

One of the fighters is shot down!

Overview. The one remaining fighter still has a tiny chance of stopping the freighter, but the win will probably go to the pirates.

Captain Cutlass reaches the control chair and sits down. The ship will be able to jump next turn.

Kills
Shark Squadron: 1
Hellfury: 2

Deaths
Raptor Squadron: 2
Republic: 1

Damage points given
Shark Squadron: 1
Hellfury: 2

Damage points taken
Freighter: 2
Republic: 1

Orders due in 48 hours. The fighters and the Defense Frigate will get a chance to make their moves before the freighter can jump.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby randomno12 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:23 am

well, one tiny fighter against a massive spaceship, i reckon the win is definitely to the pirates. unless you give the fighter some crazy last ship standing special heroic feat. i don't know, maybe some star wars xwing to deathstar style thing
CAKE OR DEATH? That is the question...
randomno12
Officer

Postby pesgores » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:26 am

randomno12 wrote:well, one tiny fighter against a massive spaceship, i reckon the win is definitely to the pirates. unless you give the fighter some crazy last ship standing special heroic feat. i don't know, maybe some star wars xwing to deathstar style thing

If a Luke Skywalker-like minifig is piloting the fighter, then it has a big chance of winning.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Greenkey15 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Just have the fighter shoot a proton torpedo into the exhaust pipe of the ship. That always solves everything.
Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Postby Theblackdog » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:49 pm

Greenkey15 wrote:Just have the fighter shoot a proton torpedo into the exhaust pipe of the ship. That always solves everything.

You'll need a higher accuracy roll to hit, but since this is the last turn I'll rule that this is an acceptable attempt. Waiting on jifel for orders.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby tahthing » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:14 am

if it hits it will be awesome!
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby Theblackdog » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:21 am

... still waiting. Deadline is 24 hours. Other (former) Coalition players can submit orders for jifel's fighter should they so desire. If jifel doesn't respond within the time limit, your orders will be used.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby jifel » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Sorry, sorry. I have been a school. I will send in orders for a last ditch effort. Wish me luck!

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Cpl. Halan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:04 pm

no.
Cpl. Halan
Dimmy

Postby jifel » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Cpl. Halan wrote:no.

rude. :x :x :x

Everyone else wish me luck!

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Cpl. Halan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:15 pm

I was kidding, well kind of. I want the pirates to won... er I mean win
Cpl. Halan
Dimmy

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:40 pm

jifel FTW! hoorah! go last fighter, go last fighter!
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

Postby MasterEcabob » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Come on Jifel, win this one for the corrupt bureaucracy er I mean the good guys!
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby tahthing » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:26 am

win it by firing a proton torpedo down the exhaust pipe.
and make sure you roll a crit success
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby jifel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:29 am

Thanks for the support guys! Last round is up, and I blew up the freighter! (then got killed) Hoorah!

jifel

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Next

Return to Forum Battles