The Police State of Venice UPDATED 3/4

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Scratch
Reihawk

The Police State of Venice UPDATED 3/4

Post by Scratch » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:07 pm

New Technology, Armored Gunners

Due to recent research showing that the gunners of Jaguar armored cars are very easy to kill, reducing the murdering capacity of the armored car considerably, our insane tactics board decided to fix this problem by importing expensive Alltimate Hardsuits and using them as turrets, thus solving the mortality problem.

Wearing a prototype version of the Death Mask, and armed with a tri-barreled machine gun, they are constantly compensating and ready to take down a riot.

The Jaguar acts as a transport for the mech as well, giving a symbiotic relationship to them, one transports as the other protects.

You may have wondered "Why is the saw on the top? It should be underbarrel" well, it switches, in turret mode, the saw is on the top to prevent paint scratching, while during non-mounted deployment, they can flip it around and saw any infantry that gets too close.

Just outside the Akkadian Sphere of influence, nestled in a boot shaped section of space lies an empire, built upon the remains of the old decrepit government. A conspiracy of elite toppled the government, and began a conquest on an epic scale. Eventually a new world order was constructed, led by the Doge William, who rules with an Iron Fist from the mega-structure known only as...

The Cathedral of Syndicate Ascension, a gigantic (microscale) space elevator connecting the two planets of Venice in synchronized orbit.

Built by the previous government at great cost, it serves as the capitol of the Police State, and is a major hub of commerce, with docking bays at every level.

The Eye of the Storm, serving as both the palace and fortress of the Doge, it is layered with a absolutely ridiculous amount of anti-fighter defense, it has held in the face of sieges from both the Peach Pirate Armadas, and rebellions from within.

The Imperial Lords of Venice

The Doge poses strikingly before his legions of public suppression.

The a full shot of the army.

All members of the Conspiracy that put the Doge in power have been given ministerial positions, Bellamy here is a cyborg genius who is the head of the Wisdom Cabal, a group of Scientific minds that is responsible for almost all technological innovations within the Empire.

Next we have Luke Carver, leader of the Blackwatch Commandos. Along with our Lady of Justice, commander of the Aerospace Division.

The Doge poses with his Adviser on Galactik Relations, the venerable Prof. Sharkhead, although usually off on his "Expeditions" he can usually be counted upon to pass on the latest leaks of classified documents.

The Minister of Finance, Scratch, singlehandedly dug the country out of several union debacles and recessions through careful planning and "Negotiations", he is the CEO of Universal Exports Syndicate LLC.

The Minister of Sekurity, Duchessa Verona is responsible for both planning and foiling assassination attempts on the Doge, she leads the Secret Police and both Intelligence and Counter-Intelligence services.

General Dogmatix is the Commander of the Armored Division and Propaganda minister.

The Glorious People's Army

The General Infantry, although still using Solid Slug based weapons, are skilled with anti-riot tactics and are equipped with silenced pistols for covert missions and ambushes.

These Anti-Riot troops are much more of a threat than pansy nightclub and shield weilding troops of other nations, this specialized team have Light Flamers with under-barrel axes to take out any burning protesters who are too close for comfort.

A staple of Venice's occasionally strange tactical choices, the Fire Team is specially camouflaged for their preferred Sniper holes. "Where would that be?" you ask, why atop a raging housefire of course! equipped with coolent suits and inferno grenades to "make some cover" they are nearly impossible to root out without heavy casualties.

The regular pilots of the State.

The Flaming Skulls pilot division pilot most of the air and space craft for the Police State.

The Death Mask squads are used when a need arises that needs a wide variety of cool looking guns and some badasses to go with them.

Wearing patented Death Mask, a combination Gas Mask and air supply system, they are both ready for anything, and posing as a team because shit just got real.

A Death Mask wearing Heavy is qualified to Spray Hot lead from the toxic mires of Ixian to the cold vacuum of space, but he normally is just a helicopter gunner.

Aerospace Marines

The Blackwatch Commandos have been used for boarding pirate space stations, hacking open fighter canopys so the pilots suffocate, and defending airlocks from the outside, armed with heavy pistols and katanas, they can disable a SHIP's smaller guns and take out it's piloting systems.

The Fly-Boys, known for their tactic of doing fly-by slashes while moving, they are mainly used to decapitate turret gunners.

A couple units with experimental technology.

One has duel crystal SMGs while the other is equipped with a prototype Gethpack.

Luke Carver with his famous knife decided to pose again, because this is his division, after all.

The Repressors

The Duchessa and the lead Space Detective.

The Secret Police, not very good in an all out brawl, but very good for urban intimidation and brutalizing civilians.

The Heavy Suppression Squad is made for opening paths for VIPs or beating spokespeople by cutting them into bits.

Armored Division

A showcase of all the vehicles under General Dogmatix.

The incredibly compact fast transport bike, the easiest thing you can do with a trike body.

Action shot, these are made to get important units to where they need to be, the passenger seat can also serve as a base for mobile artillery, but unencumbered, it can outpace almost every other ground vehicle.

And one more action shot.

The pair of Jaguars currently in service, the turret design is still under investigation, although the machine gun it carries is finalized. Note that they both have double rocket tube doors. A third one is being renovated and should be operational shortly.

The Heavy Troop Transport is equipped with a heavy three barreled cannon, used mainly for blasting walls open to allow passage of the transport.

It can hold 10 infantry, although planned modifications hope to increase this to 15.

Imperial Aerospace Division

Commanded by Our Lady of Justice, the air and space division has a large squadron of helicopters modified to work in low atmosphere and low grav environments, as are normally present around the Cathedral of Syndicate Ascension.

Three light scout helicopters, soon to be outfitted with machine guns a-la the Jaguar variant.

The heavy command copter is used as a transport vehicle for the Death Mask squads, or as a VIP transport.

Told'ya he was the helicopter gunner.

The total amount of systems under the Police State's control approximately 200, with civil wars and wars of conquest being fought constantly on the frontier worlds, which complicates the measuring.

Dramatic Interlude: Business as Usual

A black market, heart of the illegal cybernetics and technology markets, here vendors sell everything from souped up pistols to recreational friendship.

Oh! It seems like we have some distinguished gentlemen frequenting the area, a Czech representative with his bodyguard/baggage carrier, I wonder who they could be looking for?

Of course it's the Space Mafia, we're an Italian faction.

The suitcases full of currency is exchanged for data on technological secrets and innovations.

Another customer satisfied.

Now, did any of you really think I'd make my Sigfig a finance minister? He runs this operation, he's the Godfather, his heists and backroom dealings have paid for the wars of conquest and dug the Space Economy out of trouble.

His outfit is surprisingly resilient, he can work in vacuum conditions in this.

His second in command Brutus, has a heavy pistol and a torture device.

A gang of Union Busters trained by breaking strikes, Ironically they all come from the Briksters union, and mainly bust hippies.

One troop with a long range rifle, and another with a Tommy gun.

The jetpack assault troop has a contraband plasma hand cannon, which combines the best qualities of both plasma cannons and grenade launchers, unfortunately, it depletes plasma cells regularly.

Another shot of the gun.

and finally, the RPG trooper, he's there to disable any mechanized units or perusing vehicles.

~Fin~
Last edited by Scratch on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Re: The Police State of Venice

Post by Bragallot » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Pwhoar, this is a serious new force. In fact, I think it dwarfs most others. Looks good, too. You could expand on the Italian theme a little more by having pizza shields / pizza delivery guys with exploding pizzas and spaghetti artillery or simply weapons named after various kinds of pasta.

:protip: It's Duchessa. :rtfm:

Where's this face from? Is the scar customized?
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:23 pm

Oi, sweet looking army with a nice background. I particularly like Mr Carver and the Duchess, but nice characters all-round and a good variety of interesting troops! Thanks for showing us.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:25 pm

So, if Scratch takes off his helmet, will he have a globe for a head?

Everything is very good though.

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Bragallot wrote:Pwhoar, this is a serious new force. In fact, I think it dwarfs most others. Looks good, too. You could expand on the Italian theme a little more by having pizza shields / pizza delivery guys with exploding pizzas and spaghetti artillery or simply weapons named after various kinds of pasta.

:protip: It's Duchessa. :rtfm:

Where's this face from? Is the scar customized?
That is a rock girl face from one of the minifigure series, it comes with that scar.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:49 pm

This is freaking awesome in every way.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:04 pm

:studgod: !

This is the best faction I've seen in a long time. The vehicles are good but the minifigs stand out as some of the coolest I've ever seen; I can't even list all of the awesome troops you've shown here.

How did you make Scratch's and the Death's Heads' helmets? At a guess, I'd say you somehow removed the markings from a Mandalorian helmet, but I'm not sure...

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Thanks!

In response to Zupponn, even with the technological fanciness of the Death Mask, I don't think it would fit, but you never know until you take off the mask.

The Death Mask is made by heavily sanding a Mandlorian Helmet until all the features and grooves are smoothed out, took a really long time for Scratch's, as it had no features left from the original except for the general shape and 2 holes on the sides.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Goddamn, Scratch. This is Most Impressive.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Amazing faction. I really like it!
And i always wondered why i would want to buy them ridiculously cheap police superpacks available after Saturnalia each year...

Especially like the Jaguars. They look fantastic in white. Also, those are the first snipers in the history of Brikwars which are :sparta:
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Fuck you and your amazing army of original and cool looking mini figs as well as your badass vehicles.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Scratch wrote:The Death Mask is made by heavily sanding a Mandlorian Helmet until all the features and grooves are smoothed out, took a really long time for Scratch's, as it had no features left from the original except for the general shape and 2 holes on the sides.
I'm not the biggest fan of modifying Lego, but in this case I'll make an exception because those Mandolorian helmets are incredibly difficult to purpose.

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Post by Alex » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:40 pm

I love this army! It's got a lot of personality and style. The death masks are probably my favorite unit, although the fire team was pretty creative too.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:39 pm

This stuff is amazing!

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:13 pm

So epic the snipers have a most impressive style of camouflage :studgod: .
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway