GMC Armory

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

GMC Armory

Post by SnakeMittens » Sat May 11, 2013 10:42 am

Hello, and welcome to the Gauntlet Military Corporation's showroom! Whenever our R&D Department comes up with new stuff, or just updates old stuff, expect it to show up here (also our PR guys need to get off their lazy asses).
The Gauntlet Military Corporation used to be a group of mere mercenaries (descended from DSM) who would fight for money. Now, we are an official corporation that will not only fight for money, we'll sell weapons as well! If you need to get rid of some pesky natives, just call us, and our Lawyers will handle any shadowy legal bits.

GMC Condor RlG3

Spoiler
Show
The GMC Condor Repulsorlift Gunship is a holdover from our old mercenary days. Instead of using turboprops or antigrav like other uncivilized moneygrubbers, we use repulsorlift pods, which allow the Condor to maneuver in vacuum as well as atmosphere.

Armament includes two small machine guns for mowing down enemy fighters and infantry, and two massive targeting-computer-aided splatterguns for taking out large crowds, or large vehicles. Leaves a nasty mess afterwards, but nothing our Lawyers can't help you with!

The cockpit does indeed open, allowing the pilot to get in and out.

The Condor does not present a particularly large profile, making it a smaller target for enemy anti-air weapons.

Here you can see the armor specially patterned for radar deflection.

The underside is well armored as well, allowing your troops to not worry about ground-based attacks.

Part of the armor on the underside slides back to reveal a port.

That port is in actuality a cargo attachment, allowing the gunship to carry anything with a compatible socket, including the Raptor MTC.
GMC Raptor MTC2

Spoiler
Show
The Raptor Multiple Terrain Combat hardsuit evolved from our earlier mechsuit, which we never named. With increased mobility and limb articulation, we believe that this new model should satisfy your every need. New, more armored legs increase speed, power, and reduce vulnerability. Additional arm joints allow this hardsuit to shoot where it's never shot before.

Furthermore, the new leg design allows this mechsuit to be fully parkable! Now you can drop in for a bite to eat at your favorite restaurant on your way to your daily massacre!

A socket on the back of the Raptor allows our Condor RlG to airlift the Raptor. The Raptor then doubles as additional weapons systems.

Here our pilot demonstrates the new flexibility in the leg systems.
GMC Peregrine MTC2b - Raptor Variant

Spoiler
Show
Massive electrified anti-armor blades allow this hardsuit to rend apart even your enemies' most armored vehicles! Shoulder mounted coilguns provide additional firepower for when massive swords just aren't enough.

The Peregrine has been further modified with jump jets for extra bursts of speed.

We at the GMC salute you!

Note: The Peregrine has been updated with a standard-issue Smoke Transparent viewplate.
Condor Breakdown:
Spoiler
Show
These are the two main parts of the hull, and make up the framework for the entire gunship.

These are the sides that face outwards; down and up respectively. The studs on the upper portion are for attachment of the greebley bit:

This is the profile of the greebley bit that goes on top. The purpose of this section is just to make the thing look nicer and to add a place to attach the windscreen.

Here is the greebley bit attached to the upper part of the hull.

Here is the lower hull attached to the upper hull, as well as the carry port that will fill in the space in the lower hull.

Attached to its hinge in the lower hull and more or less flush.

Cockpit. The bit in the middle is from some old sets, and I'm lucky enough to have 2, 3, maybe 4. I can't find it on Bricklink, so maybe someone else can?

Here is the cockpit attached to the hull.

Interior framework of the repulsorlift pods. Of course, you can replace them with anything you like.

Pods and splattercannons attached to the stubby wings. Note: the splattercannons are attached to the middle technic beam of the upper hull.
Raptor Breakdown:
Spoiler
Show

I didn't take a picture of the main body, but I'm pretty sure people can figure it out.
Last edited by SnakeMittens on Mon May 27, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Re: GMC Armory

Post by Kalvinator » Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 am

That is really cool. I love it. We'll take 10,000 :D

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat May 11, 2013 12:30 pm

So what happened to PTUF-LUK?

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Sat May 11, 2013 12:44 pm

You know, I completely forgot that I named these guys that. I suppose that PTUF-LUK was the name of their squad before they left the Space Police to become mercenaries and before they incorporated.

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Post by Alex » Sat May 11, 2013 1:47 pm

Nice hardsuit! The parking/folding is pretty cool too. Can you give some more pictures of the condor though?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat May 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Cool shit man.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sat May 11, 2013 3:32 pm

Awesome hardsuit. I look forward to seeing that gunship.

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Sat May 11, 2013 7:11 pm

OP updated with pictures of the Condor RlG. Eventually I'll add the troops themselves, as well as one of the Lawyers. I also have plans on making a larger vehicle...

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:23 pm

I really like both of the vehicles, but sweet Jesus those legs are spectacular.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat May 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Mech Mech Mech Mech Mech Mech Mech Mech

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sun May 12, 2013 12:46 am

You know, before I saw the actual segment about the gunship, I thought that the mech carried the gunship instead of the other way around...not my smartest moment.

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Sun May 12, 2013 9:39 am

That's actually what I was thinking too when I took the picture, but the mech's legs aren't actually strong enough to carry it.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sun May 12, 2013 11:27 am

Holy crap - Please tell me you have more briks to build more of these humble mother-truckers because these are the fucking balls.

:studgod:
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Sun May 12, 2013 6:33 pm

I really wish I did. I could always try and put in a Bricklink order sometime, though. Also, if anyone wants, I'll post a breakdown for the mech.

Edit: As I dig through my boxes, more pieces are coming to light. A companion to the Raptor may yet be possible!

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Breakdown would be awesome.