A Hero Is Born By Accident

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Grey Pennies
Champion
Champion

A Hero Is Born By Accident

Post by Grey Pennies » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:48 am

Heroes are rarely made intentionally here on Chaos Ranch. Sometimes they come Heroik right out of the box, and that's nice. Usually we'll randomly proclaim a random minifig as a Hero just because we're short one. But our favorite Heroes tend to be born in a speeding taxi on the intersection of "What can I do with this" and "Hey that looks awesome".

About a year ago I was looking through Brikwars writeups when I saw someone's Narnia-based faction. For centaurs they took two pairs of pants, stuck them into a two-by-four brick, and slapped on a torso. I've seen these guys in any number of places (More recently, I think someone made some Pwnies with a similar technique.) I always thought they looked kind of dumb, and wondered why anyone would build one intentionally. I then realised, when I was holding a pair of pants that didn't have a torso, that you don't make them intentionally; you make them when you have more pants than torsoes. That was on "What can I do with this" road. My taxi sped along until I put some turrets on the centaur, where it hit "Hey that looks awesome" street. And thus a Hero was born...

...named Trotticus, the one-eyed centaur! With a lance, shield, and torso armor. This is his "light" kit.

Trotticus in full kit. New weapons are Turrets (Front), Mini gun (Rear), Gold Sword (Backup), Crossbow (Backup), and Moar Armor.

This is now arguably one of the more Heroik-looking figs in my tub. I'm not sure what to think of that.
You have the right to agree with me on any and all points. If you give up this right, anything you say can and most likely will be ignored in whole or in part.

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Re: A Hero Is Born By Accident

Post by motorhead fan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:39 am

he looks as good as any of my heros

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Re: A Hero Is Born By Accident

Post by Kalvinator » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Looks cool, first centaur I've seen.