Danish Mandalorian special forces

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Danish Mandalorian special forces

Postby Maverick » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:06 am

These are my Danish Mandalorian special forces. I used a lot of Brickarms, some Brickforge and some Brickwarriors custom parts.
I've never tried posting an army before so i really hope this works.
The entire squad without special Guys.
My hero/officer. I haven't come up with a name for him yet. He uses an electrical guitar and a MP40
Showing of MP40. Germans make fine weapons.
Shotgun guy. He hasn't got a jetpack like the others, but he has heavyer armor.
Here's the entire squad plus hero and gunner.
One unit (I've got two).
Heavy gunner. He uses a M60.
That's all, folks.
Last edited by Maverick on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Spoiler: show
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Re: Danish Mandalorian special forces

Postby DeltaV » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:14 am

The hero is a bit...generic. He can't really differentiate himself from the rest of the units. The pauldrons, skirt and guitar somewhat work, but it needs more. Now he just seems like a mere special unit. The heavy gunner somehow manages to look more like a hero because he looks different, he lacks the helmet, he dares to show his face.
Remember that the in most works of fiction (blatantly assuming), mooks are often faceless, or have generic faces. They are not important or interesting, you are not supposed to remember them as they only serve to decorate the surroundings. The hero has a face, and shows it. The hero is important.

That guitar is a mighty fine weapon by the way.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.
DeltaV
Officer

Postby Maverick » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:55 pm

The hero is a bit...generic. He can't really differentiate himself from the rest of the units. The pauldrons, skirt and guitar somewhat work, but it needs more. Now he just seems like a mere special unit. The heavy gunner somehow manages to look more like a hero because he looks different, he lacks the helmet, he dares to show his face.
Remember that the in most works of fiction (blatantly assuming), mooks are often faceless, or have generic faces. They are not important or interesting, you are not supposed to remember them as they only serve to decorate the surroundings. The hero has a face, and shows it. The hero is important.

That guitar is a mighty fine weapon by the way.

Thank you for your feedback. The hero wasn't actually my original hero, but i need to order some more stuff before i could finish him. That guy is just an officer. I was going to give the gunner a bare torso and a bandoiler, but my supplier ran out. :? And i liked the guitar as well. I was thinking about some special rules for it, like pushing all the enemys away with some Metal or something. Anyways i am going to try out some stuff for my hero and hopefully will get Pictures out soon.
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby Battlegrinder » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:20 pm

I agree that the hero could use a little tweaking, but other than you troops look OK. Though you might want to swap the heads around for some that aren't quite so horrifying, if you're planning on having them run around without helmets.

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Postby Zahru II » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:25 pm

I like the idea of armor to differentiate mandos; which is not an easy thing to do if you wanna keep them more or less in their original state (though you might wanna try and get some of those sick new deco ones that came in the mandalorian speeder for officers/spec ops).
Best way to make your hero more heroic is to slap a cape on its back. Capes are always cool.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Bluefog » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:04 am

I would switch helmets personally... for a start. I must say though, good call on BrickWarriors. Their shit is incredible. I'm a big fan. I have a bunch of their stuff.
"You ain't my friend, palooka." - Vincent Vega
Bluefog
Minifig

Postby Maverick » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:18 am

Zahru II wrote:I like the idea of armor to differentiate mandos; which is not an easy thing to do if you wanna keep them more or less in their original state (though you might wanna try and get some of those sick new deco ones that came in the mandalorian speeder for officers/spec ops).
Best way to make your hero more heroic is to slap a cape on its back. Capes are always cool.

Cape+Jetpack=Flaming disaster, but maybe i could use that as a weapon. I agree though, capes are cool.
Battlegrinder wrote:I agree that the hero could use a little tweaking, but other than you troops look OK. Though you might want to swap the heads around for some that aren't quite so horrifying, if you're planning on having them run around without helmets.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Bluefog wrote:I would switch helmets personally... for a start. I must say though, good call on BrickWarriors. Their shit is incredible. I'm a big fan. I have a bunch of their stuff.

I like it too. The only problem is that my swedish retailer doesn't carry that much. And what do you mean switch helmets?

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby motorhead fan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:50 am

this army is nice, i like it
motorhead fan
Galidor

Postby Maverick » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:42 pm

motorhead fan wrote:this army is nice, i like it

Thank you.

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby Maverick » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:59 am

I am going to order some more stuff on Sunday, so hopefully i will get my hero done soon.

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby Captain26618 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:20 pm

I like your army so far. Your hero unit is pretty cool, I think.I look forward to seeing what is to come.
Captain26618
Champion

Location: Zagabete, Esthar Institute of Military Sciences and Engineering

Postby Maverick » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:34 am

Captain26618 wrote:I like your army so far. Your hero unit is pretty cool, I think.I look forward to seeing what is to come.

I'm going to recieve the parts for my hero this week. Thanks for showing interest.

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby Kalvinator » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:17 am

Just wondering, where are you getting your mandos from, as I am in dire need of some.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby Maverick » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Kalvinator wrote:Just wondering, where are you getting your mandos from, as I am in dire need of some.

I think i got them in 2011 or 2012. I ordered them from Sweden. Sadly you can't buy them anymore (except for on bricklink)

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby Kalvinator » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Maverick wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:Just wondering, where are you getting your mandos from, as I am in dire need of some.

I think i got them in 2011 or 2012. I ordered them from Sweden. Sadly you can't buy them anymore (except for on bricklink)

That's unfortunate. I suppose Bricklink and ebay are my only options.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Next

Return to The Armoury