The Goblins of Llab'y'Rinthe

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

The Goblins of Llab'y'Rinthe

Postby Scribonius » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Long ago... and I mean LONG, long, long, long ago, so long that even the elves don't remember anymore, someone built a wall.

I know what you're thinking, you're thinking "who the f**k cares?" Thing about the wall is, it enclosed a large tract of land surrounding a dark forest, a small lake, a swamp, heck, an area about the size of a small country! People tend to avoid the wall, partly because it has no gates, partly because everyone assumes that the beings inside really want to keep people out. Folk do go inside sometimes. Adventurers, mostly. Most don't come back, and the few that do refuse to speak of what they've seen...

It has been so long since it was built that the elves don't remember who built it (despite the fact that they built it), or why it was built, but there are those that do. Anyone with enough intelligence will realize that the wall wasn't built to keep something out, it was built to keep something IN. Long, long, long ago, the goblins and the elves were friends, talking, trading, and making alliances with each other. Nobody except maybe the Immortals know what went wrong, but the goblins fled to this land to escape the wrath of the elves. Inside that wall is the Goblin Kingdom of Llab'y'Rinthe, a gigantic sprawling maze of epic proportions that the goblins defend viciously from outsiders.

For the last 500 years, the goblins have kept mostly to themselves. Ambassadors from the other monstrous beings of the world have been accepted into the goblin lands, but the goblins seldom leave... or at least, that's what they want you to think...

Recently, however, spies have been sent beyond the wall to find out what the goblins are doing, mostly because certain kingdoms don't want the goblins to suddenly decide to break their seclusion to, say, help out the orks or something...?

Some of the Forces and People of the Kingdom of Llab'y'Rinthe

Here we have three of the more important inhabitants of the Goblin Kingdoms. To the left, we have Azahd, Master Alchemist of Guldurun, (Common Goblin) one of the goblins responsible for the creation of a war machine known only as the "spider golems." The spies claim these nasty things are capable of launching various alchemical concoctions that the Goblin Alchemist Guild comes up with, but no pictures are currently available. To the right, something nobody expected, is a goblin known as Master Engineer Morglum (Yellow Goblin). It has come as a shock to the "civilized" people of the world that some of what others thought were people or halflings were actually a species of goblin uniquely suited to hiding in plain sight: the Yellow Goblin Clan. Morglum is the other goblin responsible for creating the "spider golems." In the center is the most important and pre-eminent figure in the Goblin lands: King Jyryd the Fourteenth (Moss Goblin), Arch-Mage, and current Ruler of the Goblin Kingdom of Llab'y'Rinthe. What, you were expecting a bloated sack the size of a troll with a neck-scrotum? He's been dead for centuries, and was a half-giant anyway. How he got the Kingship is a mystery as he was something of an idiot. Jyryd the Fourteenth is a master-mage, who is considerably more intelligent than most of his predecessors, and quite skilled at keeping the other "nobles" of the Goblins Kingdom in line.

Image (my apologies for the blurry photo, for some reason my camera doesn't want to focus on these two up close. Some kind of warding spell, obviously.)

These are Captain Brazindo (on the right - Yellow Goblin) and his assistant, Sergeant "Mister" Garrok (Common Goblin). They are the Captain and Standard Bearer, respectively, of the Redcap Pikes, who we see in the following picture:

and here:

More pictures (of the Ambassadors of the other Monster Kingdoms) to be added later.

...and there you have my fledgeling fantasy force. Huzzah, I have posted an army start!
Last edited by Scribonius on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Scribonius
Officer

Re: The Goblins of Llab'y'Rinthe

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Files aren't public.

For inserting images, just copy the image URL and use the format below:
Code: Select all
[img]http://www.yourphotolocation.com/yourimage.jpg[/img]
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Scribonius » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Ah,I have figured it out now, thank you. :)

So, as mentioned before, members of the other Monstrous Kingdoms have sent ambassadors to the Goblin Kingdom. Examples include:

On the left is Graf Ardenos, Ambassador from the Minotaur of Deep Ravine, on the right is Harafkyn, Ambassador of the Gnoll Kingdom of the Hyeeshat.

On the right is Avasia, Avariee (Baroness) and Ambassador from the Mountaintop Kingdom of Ayrie, and Master of Air Magics. The crowfolk to her left is her bodyguard, Skreeaki.

...and finally, last but not least, Scribonius the Seer, Ambassador from Mirial's Rock. The Rock is a small, rocky island off the coast that was once home to a large Mage's Academy, and is still the home of Mirial, the Demi-Liche (founder of the Academy). The Academy is still there, but fewer and fewer students travel there every year. Mirial can be seen in the crystal globe Scribonius is holding, and communicates with her Ambassador using various magic spells and the crystal globe.
Scribonius
Officer

Postby Silverdream » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:49 pm

Nice, I'm looking forward to those spider golems. Using yellow figs as goblins is also clever.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Scribonius » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Silverdream wrote:Nice, I'm looking forward to those spider golems. Using yellow figs as goblins is also clever.

I'm still building the spider golems. I figured that since goblins can come in different colors, why not have "Yellow Goblins" that are sometimes trained to be spies among the other Kingdoms?
Scribonius
Officer

Postby Zahru II » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:53 am

I dig, keep 'em coming! :)
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Kommander Ken » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Some pretty neat figs. I especially like the Redcap Pikes.
Last edited by Kommander Ken on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostborne Cometh : Chapter One / Chapter Two / The Tribe
Kommander Ken
Minifig

Postby Brikguy0410 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:45 pm

I just realized all you have to do to make cool fantasy names is use big words that don't exist and through "mountain" or
Kingdom or somthing in there
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby Scribonius » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:53 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:I just realized all you have to do to make cool fantasy names is use big words that don't exist and through "mountain" or
Kingdom or somthing in there

^o0^ You're only realizing this now? After you've been a dungeon master for as long as I have, you learn quick easy ways to make up campaign settings at the drop of a pun.

Ironically, the Hyeeshat is actually a kingdom of gnolls and flind from the webcomic Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic. http://yafgc.net/

The mountain kingdom of Ayrie comes from my ongoing homebrew D&D campaign setting, as does Mirial's Rock and the Goh-Bleni kingdom of Llab'y'Rinthe (Labyrinth).
Scribonius
Officer

Postby Brikguy0410 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:10 am

Just thought up another monster faction,

In the deep jungles of southeros, a massive cave system exists, a massive labyrinth that has not been mapped by the few who know of its existence, deep within these caves, the tarantular exist, half man half tarantula, they are masters of both magic and science, within the ancient caves of Senrosa they stir, not only with there massive army's but also there massive war beasts, golems, and mechanical creations, as the light in there forges glows again for the first time in a thousand years, the prepare, there army's are legion, there beast massive, for they come from an age the predates even the elves, and as they look to the surface, they do not like what they see,now they march off to war, be warned, beings of medivo, for the tarantular have returned, and they are not happy
Brikguy0410

Postby stubby » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:deep within these caves, the tarantular exist, half man half tarantula

stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Zahru II » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:53 pm

top lel
Zahru II

Postby The Shadowscythe » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:11 pm

stubby wrote:
Brikguy0410 wrote:deep within these caves, the tarantular exist, half man half tarantula

When the hell was this glory unleashed?

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Brikguy0410 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:38 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:
stubby wrote:

When the hell was this glory unleashed?

When I invented the turantular, I was not aware of this, but this defiantly fits the bill alright
Brikguy0410

Postby Zahru II » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:12 pm

@scythe: New Chima stuff has been out for roughly a month now, you should be able to find it retail.
Zahru II

Next

Return to The Armoury