Titan class all-purpose SHIP: The Elodin OVERHAUL 2014

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Titan class all-purpose SHIP: The Elodin OVERHAUL 2014

Postby Scratch » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Continuing from last thread, I've done a lot of work and redesigning on The Elodin, Venice's flagSHIP.

Returning fairly unchanged is the figurehead mask, and with the Glaive Beam still protruding phallically from its mouth.

The barrel itself has both been lengthened and simplified, its removal allows for infantry to exit through the mouth of the figurehead.

The figurehead is fully removable, showing the piloting area, here we see a Space Detective in the pilots seat, with two crew on manning some of the weapons. When the mask is on, the pilot looks straight out from the eye-holes.

A security officer protects the vacuum sealed Moonbase-grade doors. In the event of a breach, the cabin will be unaffected.

Now, onto the weapons, here we have a Breach Missile launcher, mounted above the cabin hallway.

It holds 4 Mark IV missiles, protected by side-guards from enemy lasers.

Here we have the Pegasus missile system, which is able to fire 2 MKII missiles at a time per turn. There is another one on the opposite side of the SHIP.

Attached to the second floor, we have the Heavy Pierce laser cannon, it can rotate to aim all the cardinal directions, but not outward. Note that it is mirrored on the other side of the second floor.

We also have a small burst laser, used mainly for anti-fighter defense. Again, mirrored on both sides of the second floor.

Attached to the very top, we have the heavy hitters, a pair of Anti-SHIP Hull Missiles.

Not sure what Mark to classify this as, but it's pretty damn big, they are protected by a layer of solar panels compact explosive-resistant armor, so that some fighter doesn't take out half the ship with a lucky shot to the missile.

Behind the second floor, we have the main Swarm Volley gun, where 16 shots can be fired at once, this is a highly effective anti-fighter weapon.

Venice has a habit of overbranding.

Here we have a linked heavy laser cannon, basically the same as last edition except for minor cosmetic changes, it is mounted at the very rear of the SHIP.

The Second Floor holds a combined Gunnery-Armoury-Command Center, where more commanding is done than the piloting area.

The senior Space Detective commands from his desk, you'd think it's be high tech and all, but he's still a detective at heart, so it's only big enough to hold his trusty flask and his pistol. He has less sultry dames walking through his door with a case than he'd like, but he gets to command a giant spaceship, so it evens out.

A couple more gunners are here to supplement the aiming AI of the rest of the guns, it's good to have backup stations for gunners.

Now for the main floor, which is still really really huge.

This SHIP is called all-purpose for this reason, its giant main bay area can be modified to do a whole load of things, need a fighter bay? Just put the fighters in and you have it, need an army staging area? Already done, just send in the troops, need an office space? Just set up the cubicles and coffee machine. Hell, you could stick more guns out the side doors and make it even more heavily armed.

The side walls open up to allow infantry and vehicles to exit, since Jaguars don't fit out the mouth.

Three crew work the engines, the with the reactor being powered by the mysterious thing in the box.

Once the side engines have had their power needs met, excess power goes up these wires to power the rest of the SHIP.

Just to illustrate how fucking humongous the interior of this is, here's the main bay with my entire 70-something man army and two armoured cars.

The first 50 infantry take a little over half the space, I could squeeze maybe a dozen more in if I didn't care about them being stable on studs.

Here's another shot with Il Doge on the front for size comparison, with this, Venice soars forward on the wings of technology.

Just in case you were wondering, even with the entire army in it, it still swooshes. (I'm also totally using this to store my army in from now on, makes a hell of a dust cover)
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Re: Titan class all-purpose SHIP: The Elodin OVERHAUL 2014

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:10 pm

Jaw-dropping, to say the least. Excellent SHIP! You've even got most of the FTL positions available.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:08 pm

This ship is a huge improvement on the Elodin, the lines flow much more smoothly and the hull design in general looks a lot better. I love the interior, especially the noir-style Space Detective's desk.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Zupponn » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 pm

My favorite thing might be the Swarm Volley Gun, though the whole thing is amazing.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Quantumsurfer » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:17 pm

Damn, son. This is incredible. The space is impressive but it still manages to look functional and cool and not at all like a giant box. Well done.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Apollyon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:28 pm

That's it, i need to build a SHIP!
This is currently the best real bricks, active duty SHIP on the forums. I was totally looking forward to the swoosh picture! :) :-) :-)
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:34 am

Holy fucking shit.

About the only thing, the only thing you could do to this now would to be give it landing gear and a ramp in that huge fucking belly - just so you could have the excuse of putting even more guns on the underbelly.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Apollyon » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:15 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:About the only thing, the only thing you could do to this now would to be give it landing gear and a ramp in that huge fucking belly - just so you could have the excuse of putting even more guns on the underbelly.

I am in support of this idea.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby loafofcheese » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:37 am

Or take some influence form the new FTL expansion and add a cloaking system, a mind control bay, a hacking area, and a clone bay sou you can replace redshirts.
DeltaV wrote:Caw caw motherfucker.
loafofcheese
Dimmy

Postby Alex » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:05 am

This ship is incredible. I loved the first version of the Elodin, but this is even better. The hull looks better, and I think the desk/office is a great touch.
loafofcheese wrote:Or take some influence form the new FTL expansion and add a cloaking system, a mind control bay, a hacking area, and a clone bay sou you can replace redshirts.

For Venice, would they be blackshirts instead? :phil:
Alex
Dimmy

Postby Scratch » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Thanks everyone!
I'd love to put a ramp in, but the heavy layers of solid technic in the floor preclude that idea, landing gear will probably be implemented next revision, for the main reason of moar dakka on the underside. I'll probably move some of the weapons around, so that the front has better protection. I'll make a layout for the interior (I plan on having some pre-made loadouts for the interior for use in battles) with FTL style rooms and systems, considering how far I've gone with the FTL influences.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Kaplan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:58 am

This ship looks awesome! Huge interior is also amazing too but it needs more details. The weapon systems are looking great as well.
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Postby Kalvinator » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:29 am

Dude, so awesome! Great Army storage.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby BFenix » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:21 am

Obligatory swoosh picture successful. Very, very cool build, Scratch!
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Porphyrogenitus » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Very nice SHIP. Exterior, interior, guns, styling, it's all great work.
0 Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine Inheritance. To our Rulers grant victories over the barbarians, and by Thy Cross protect Thine own Estate.
Porphyrogenitus
Officer

Location: Aurora, Indiana, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Return to The Armoury