New Playa' - MANIAC RAIDERS!

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:53 am

Thanks, yeah big guns... yah just gotta' love 'em! :D

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Warhead said:
Hope you people are ok with us fudging the rules and maybe improvising our own.
(puts on bad Scottish accent)

Dinna fash yersel'. That's woot brikwahrs is ool aboot!
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:58 pm

HeyHey! someone actually knows what the hairy heck a Scot is... I don't think I've ever said "fash" before, ever. LOL :D

Thanks Elmagnifico.

Try this for future Scottish Translations. :P
http://www.whoohoo.co.uk/scottish-translator.asp

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Here are the few photo's from my failed attempt at a game... I got greedy and over ambitious... it did not work. The photo's are limited and... confusingly all over the place.

The Rebel General (step brother of the Immortal Emperor. His name is General Zastros) gives a stirring speech to the troops. Traitor Imperial Troops and Rebel Riff Raff irregulars.

The Dr Octopus guy is renamed as Captain Hopeless. He is a Dimmie leader of the Irregulars.

A captured and badly maintained version of an Imperial APC patrols the base outskirts.

A currently deactivated Talos Warbot (Bionical) and a just landed Pathfinder Scout Ship rest at the far corner of the base.

A watchtower housing a heavy repeater rifle... a Cyber Monkey helps keep watch.

The base is built near to an ancient Pyramid structure and has a small adhoc fort. Many Rebels both traitor and Irregulars are meeting here today...

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:05 pm

As yet unseen in the Lego wastelands that cover most of the planet the Maniacs patiently pick their targets and wait for the signal to open fire..

The signal is given when the frenzied and mega thick younger Maniacs are set free from the cage set in the Lego hill. They automatically charge.

A burst of flame takes out two Rebel guards. Burn baby burn!

Genghis, one of the Maniac Leaders with his first shot from the Bastard Gun rolls a critical fumble. The gun explodes (judgment call, bastard guns are just that) Genghis is set on fire. He doesn't mind... much.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Bradley lays down supresive fire with the minigun.

The watch tower having taken a hit from the superbastard bazooka (as carried by MAS... the other Maniac Leader) is fortunate to be still standing. However, it is unlikely it will withstand Meanmachines headbutt... he is the one with the large Bomb stuck to his head.
Last edited by Warhead on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:25 pm

The Rebels scramble to counter the attack. The forts superdimmie gun has no way to depress so can't fire. The Missile launcher is not so feeble...

...it strikes poor Genghis right in the face. He finds this annoying to say the least. His hit points are reaching critical.

Yet another Rebel missile is launched...

...this time at the charging Maniacs but although it does take their hit points down they do not stop or are even knocked over with the blast. Cyber Monkey is not so fortunate.

Most of the Irregulars don't have the range but move forward to better firing positions.

The defenders of the Fort ready themselves for the coming assault.

The Pathfinders crew scrambles to prep the ship for launch.

That's all she wrote... it took us so long to get to this point. I will try a smaller game next time.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:06 am

1- Your fire "pieces" are a bit...unusual. But cool.

2- Bigger battles rock. If you couldn't end it, probably that was because your opponent or you stopped in the middle of the game and said "meh; I'll quit; it'll take too much time to end it". And that's anti-BrikWars.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:49 pm

And that's anti-BrikWars.
So's kicking someone right up the hole for being a cheeky shite... :wink:

Nah, my sons only young (my opponent) and it was taking sooo long. I should have only played a small intro game with a view to something bigger once I got to grips with the rules. As I said, my bad. Will do better next time.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Warhead wrote:
And that's anti-BrikWars.
So's kicking someone right up the hole for being a cheeky shite... :wink:

Nah, my sons only young (my opponent) and it was taking sooo long. I should have only played a small intro game with a view to something bigger once I got to grips with the rules. As I said, my bad. Will do better next time.
1-You test your opponent with, at least, 3 small battles, raising the number of troops on each side gradually.

2-At the 4th time, you make a battle with lots of minifigs and a big battlefield. If your opponent plays untill the end, it means he enjoys BrikWars. If he doesn't, then probably he dislikes serious BrikWars OR wants to stick to smaller battles but will get enough of it soonly.

3-If your opponent quitted BrikWars, and you have no new opponents to play with, there is always the revolutionary solution: do a Forum Battle. It isn't like real BrikWars, but it's very close to it, plus you're playing with people from other parts of the world and you may happen to play with some of the best players of the same world.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:40 pm

3-If your opponent quitted BrikWars, and you have no new opponents to play with, there is always the revolutionary solution: do a Forum Battle. It isn't like real BrikWars, but it's very close to it, plus you're playing with people from other parts of the world and you may happen to play with some of the best players of the same world.
Yes Sensei, it is something I aspire to become.

The rest is sage advice and I shall follow it to the letter

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Fri May 01, 2009 4:12 am

Well.ummm... you got a lot of spacemen!
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat May 02, 2009 3:06 am

:oops: ...um... actually that's just some of them... I have (or rather my son Allan now has) something like 500+ spacemen and maybe the same in Castle combined with city. I said it before, what you guys do now I did then but no Internet... or digital cameras. The Lego is enough to cover a good sized bedrooms entire floor but it's all fairly old stuff... and in need of a wash now.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Sat May 02, 2009 4:30 am

Warhead wrote::oops: ...um... actually that's just some of them... I have (or rather my son Allan now has) something like 500+ spacemen and maybe the same in Castle combined with city. I said it before, what you guys do now I did then but no Internet... or digital cameras. The Lego is enough to cover a good sized bedrooms entire floor but it's all fairly old stuff... and in need of a wash now.
500+!!!
VEERRRYY MUCH SPACEMEN!
I wish I could have so much...many good sets were in stores when I was so young That I couldnt buy them...
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat May 02, 2009 4:48 am

Yeah, 1980's space Lego was a great time. I'll try and set up some photo's of the guys... many have been changed into Immortals or Maniacs ...and then when my son got his hands on them they were changed into the sum of their parts but I'll see what I can do. No promises.